Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2016 8:43:15 AM EDT
Hello
Looking for an optic for my Sig MPX and was considering the Leupold Delta Point Pro
When mounted with the optional "AR" riser does this optic co-witness or is it lower 1/3 (when mounted on an AR of course)

I know the MPX sights are slightly shorter so just trying to determine where the Delta Point normally sits as I don't think co-witness will work

If you own a MPX what riser are you using? I would assume lower 1/3 would be closer but please share your experiences
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello
Looking for an optic for my Sig MPX and was considering the Leupold Delta Point Pro
When mounted with the optional "AR" riser does this optic co-witness or is it lower 1/3 (when mounted on an AR of course)

I know the MPX sights are slightly shorter so just trying to determine where the Delta Point normally sits as I don't think co-witness will work

If you own a MPX what riser are you using? I would assume lower 1/3 would be closer but please share your experiences
Thanks
View Quote

The Leupold riser gives absolute cowitness with AR sights.  If the MPX sights are very slightly lower, should be good for 1/3 cowitness.

Are you sure the sights are lower though?  Just from looking at the picture they appear to be the exact same sights as the normal Sig BUIS, which are 1.375" over the rail, which is pretty standard.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/sig-rail-mount-flip-up-sights-prod57044.aspx
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The MPX sights are definitely lower.  I think that they are referred to as "HK" height.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The MPX sights are definitely lower.  I think that they are referred to as "HK" height.
View Quote

Are you sure it's not that they're HK style, meaning the round front sight hood?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a MPX and they look like they are Normal
AR height to me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a MPX and they look like they are Normal
AR height to me.
View Quote

They are standard AR height - it's the same sights that Coke on the MCX, 516, etc.  

The front sight is hooded, in HK style, but are definitely not "HK height"
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
DP Pro with Leupold cross-bolt mount and riser produce absolute cowitness height on an AR.

I'm now using the ADM-TR QD mount with Leupold riser and that is also absolute cowitness height on an AR. It has true return to zero QD and about the same price as Leupold's fixed mount.  You do have to drill two shallow holes in the base of Leupold's riser to get it to fit, however.

I can't speak to the Sig's sight height.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies

Everything I have read states the MPX sights are a little shorter. I also think SIG may have changed the sights between the GEN 1 and GEN 2 models? (mines a GEN 2)

All my EO Techs are going back so I have no optic I can use to confirm anything. Think I am going to order at least DP PRO as I am sure I can find somehting to mount it on now that I know it will co witness. Just a scarmble now as I am trying to decide what to replace the Eo Techs with...

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top