Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2016 1:48:27 AM EDT
Mine should arrive in a day or two. I want to read more reviews, but there are only like three on the whole Internet. You know how it is when you buy something online and then you get excited and read all about it while you're waiting...well there isn't much to read this time. How come no buzz? Usually people are raving about Vortex products.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I am wondering about these also. I like Vortex optics and they have an awesome warranty. I just wish they could get better battery life like the Holosun/Primary arms red dots. Let us know how you like it when you get it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one but have not been to the range with it yet. The fit and finish seems excellent to me and the outer rubber cover is removable which is a night option. Mine mounted solidly on my 6920. The glass is clear and when I can get my eyes right the dot is small and crisp. The dot does look fuzzy at times but I think that is more due to me than the optic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, had it for a few months, love it

SPARC AR review
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is in the mail.  Did as much research as I could.  AAA batteries and sleek appearance all coupled with a 2MOA dot.  Oh, I forgot to mention, the best warranty in the business.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Slap on a Larue LT-661 quick release mount and you got yourself a nice setup for $300!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SPARC AR review
View Quote

I read on the Vortex web site that the AR is compatible with the magnifier, but not a perfect match like the Strikefire II. Did you have any problems with the difference in size between the two? My AR sight is coming Friday, but I didn't know how well the magnifier would work so I held off ordering it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I read on the Vortex web site that the AR is compatible with the magnifier, but not a perfect match like the Strikefire II. Did you have any problems with the difference in size between the two? My AR sight is coming Friday, but I didn't know how well the magnifier would work so I held off ordering it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPARC AR review

I tried the Vortex Magnifier, sent it back because I didn't like the ~1.5" or less eye relief.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got it today so I can give some first impressions. It struck me as very heavy for its size. I'm not going to read off any specs, but I suspect it is darn close to the weight of an Aimpoint PRO. The finish is impressive. Nothing like the cheap Strikefire finishes. The mount is of good quality. I totally expected to see one of those Chinese octagon nut deals on the side to tighten it down, but it has a flush screw. The worst thing about it is probably that the light/laser/led/whatever mount obstructs the ocular lens a bit, and the laser is easily seen through the objective lens.

The best thing about the scope is how Chrystal clear the glass is. I could detect absolutely no darkness, or color change. Again, quite a stark difference from the Strikefire. Clear glass is important to me because I want to be able to run NV. My Strikefire also had hideous rubber lens covers that were extremely difficult to pop on and off, but these lens covers easily snap on and off just as you would expect.

I love it for the money. Very impressed. I wish it were a little lighter, but I'm glad it is tough.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Put one on my daughters ar and she loves it.    She rings the steel on our range and out shot the boys that day.   It's a pretty good optic for the price.  I sighted it in for her and found its easy to use and the glass is real clear.  Like the fact if the batt goes dead you still have a retical.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Put one on my daughters ar and she loves it.    She rings the steel on our range and out shot the boys that day.   It's a pretty good optic for the price.  I sighted it in for her and found its easy to use and the glass is real clear.  Like the fact if the batt goes dead you still have a retical.
View Quote

The Sparc series does not have an ether reticle. I have seen conflicting mention of this on the web, but I think a lot of people are confusing the new Vortex Spitfire (which I think costs almost twice as much).
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Sparc AR or Spitfire AR?
I got a Spitfire AR, and threw an American Defense Mount on it. Review pending, I haven't had time to get tot he range in the last 3 weeks. Hopefully will have a review up shortly.

Initial impressions are very positive. There are some minor niggling issues, but I'll address them when I finally get to see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine delivered yesterday.  Perfect co-witness with MBUS iron sights. Glass is clear and bright as is the dot.  I look forward to dialing it in on Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I've installed two so far, but only have had a chance to sight one in.

No problems, easy to adjust POI (though I wish it was finer than 1 MOA per click)

Dot is easy to see, though harder to adjust brightness with the buttons than rotating a dial like on an Aimpoint T1.

Mount and spacer seem very solid, though not QD.

Overall, great value for the money.  It's not an Ampoint, but it's also not near as expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No problems, easy to adjust POI (though I wish it was finer than 1 MOA per click)

View Quote

I wish it was 1/2 MOA. So the 1 MOA per click hasn't been an issue for getting a good zero?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wish it was 1/2 MOA. So the 1 MOA per click hasn't been an issue for getting a good zero?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a red dot.  I suspect most people are not zeroing it at 100 yards with a red dot.  Betting most are 25/50 either yards or meters.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got my Razor 1-6 dialed in out to 500 (confirmed again yesterday) with 1/2 minute clicks.

1 MOA ought to be good enough for a dot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Here are some pics. I'm not a great photog.

20mb image hosting
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Man, I just love every rail they make - they just look rugged like they can stand up to just about anything. And the Sparc AR looks awesome.  I was trying to order one recently but couldn't find them in stock where I wanted, but will def be picking one up soon.  Keep hearing lots of great things, plus it's Vortex.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Delta rings are so 2008...

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered one Friday and yesterday get a email that they dont have any, and it would be 5 to 8 weeks...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Dialed mine in on Saturday.  Solid mount, good dot. I wish mine had one briteness in between the faintest and the next click up.   Really east to get a good 50yd sight in.  I consider the AR to be a close in fighting g gun and this dot will work perfectly.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top