Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 7:05:31 PM EDT
I recently traded for a Leupold Mk6 1-6 with 762 CMR-W reticle. The scope did not include any of the manuals so I'm looking for a bit of help on understanding the reticle.

1. What .308 bullet is the reticle BDC designed for? I'm guessing probably something along the lines of the 147gr bullet like used in an M80 load? Or something heavier like 175gr?

2. From what I understand looking at the reticle information on line, it appears you should zero the center dot at 50 yds?

Looking for experience from those of you using this optic on a 762 rifle, and how you have it set up to work best.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome thank you! I was finding that image for the .223 reticle but for some reason was not finding it for .308.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Mk6 1-6x for my 5.56 AR and I just use a 50y zero (even though the spec is for 50m and probably the same tbh) and Strelok+ to get the holdovers with my load (and sight height). That'll be the most accurate. It's also nice because you can set a target distance and kinda see how the wind holdovers compare. FWIW both the windage and elevation holdovers match up pretty well with my 16" AR and 75gr match handloads.

Also, you can put additional elevation on the scope and put that zero offset in Strelok+ and get new holdovers in case you want to either customize your sight picture or shoot past the 1200m holdover.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top