Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 8:20:43 PM EDT
So I recently sold my MRO and just bought a T2 that is coming with a Geissele 1/3rd mount.

My question is, what is the overall consensus on this mount? Obviously it is going to be of good quality since it is coming from Geissele. Just want to hear some thoughts on it if anyone has experience with the Geissele mounts
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The only complaint I've heard is no QD option. Other than that it's great
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it's the best mount out there.  

I've had enough Larues slip that I'm not interested in throw levers, the Bobro lever is bigger than the entire optic, no experience with ADM.  

The Geisseles return to zero exceptionally well.  Just snug it down with a 1/2" and be done.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Two micro QD mounts I'd highly recommend are the KDG SIDELOK and the Bobro QD.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had enough Larues slip that I'm not interested in throw levers, the Bobro lever is bigger than the entire optic, no experience with ADM.  

The Geisseles return to zero exceptionally well.  Just snug it down with a 1/2" and be done.
View Quote

How can a tension adjusted Larue or ADM possibly "slip"?  You adjust each one time for the rail and never touch a wrench again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How can a tension adjusted Larue or ADM possibly "slip"?  You adjust each one time for the rail and never touch a wrench again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not locktiting the bolt when you set it up.  Remove sight.  Bolt moves because it's no longer under tension.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not locktiting the bolt when you set it up.  Remove sight.  Bolt moves because it's no longer under tension.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how that could be the cause.  ADM mounts are specifically machined around the locking nut so that it can't rotate.  All the Larue mounts I own still require a wrench (and quite a bit of force) to adjust the nut even when the levers are unlocked.

I think people just aren't adjusting their levers tight enough ("tight enough" will usually require the help of a sling if you want to unlock the levers, IME).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top