Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 25
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is out-of-stock but you can still order it, and at $370 it is a steal.
View Quote
Tried to back order at that price, and it went to $394 before shipping during check out, but I figured that's still a good deal.  Afterwards I got an email from DSG that since it was on back order, the 15% off did not apply and would be $463.  The very next day they happen to be in stock...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Tried to back order at that price, and it went to $394 before shipping during check out, but I figured that's still a good deal.  Afterwards I got an email from DSG that since it was on back order, the 15% off did not apply and would be $463.  The very next day they happen to be in stock...
View Quote
The P4Xi MI QD mount combo was in stock until yesterday. Coincidentally DSG is having a 10% off sale this weekend. I suspect the combo will come back into stock by Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently $463.99 on dsgarms.com

And I got the ADM recon mount of jet.com for $119.00 (after coupon)
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, it goes out of stock whenever there is a big sale
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree, it goes out of stock whenever there is a big sale
View Quote
I do find DSG to do this a lot when they have the 15% off sales but they don't always remove items ..... Just like this thread I made where the P4Xi ran at 15% off for several days

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/712123_Steiner-P4Xi-w-Throw-Lever--395.html

I also snagged 2 Aimpoint T2 w/Low Mounts for $589 last month during a 15% off sale
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought the scope at dsg, $422.59 shipped
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I'm still torn. This will be my first AR optic and was considering the vortex SE 1-8 with mount for $420 shipped, however, I know the image quality isn't going to be there. Oh, and that reticle is goofy looking.

This steiner appears to have great glass with a nice simple reticle and DL illumination, the downside is 4x.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Man, I'm still torn. This will be my first AR optic and was considering the vortex SE 1-8 with mount for $420 shipped, however, I know the image quality isn't going to be there. Oh, and that reticle is goofy looking.

This steiner appears to have great glass with a nice simple reticle and DL illumination, the downside is 4x.
View Quote
Not in my opinion... folks keep putting higher magnification scopes that add weight to what is for the majority of us is a 300-400meter gun.

If i need to poke out past 500m on a regular basis...I have better tools for that.

I would take the Steiner over the 8x SE all day long with its better glass and daylight visible red dot with a good weight that does not go over board.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The BBT just dropped off my Steiner.

Initial opinion (not mounted on rifle yet) is the glass is really nice.  Eye box is decent.   It's no red dot but it looks like it will work well.  Dot is bright but it's raining here so I can't tell if it is daylight bright.  It is a bit heavy at 17oz.  Knobs work good enough.  Maybe a little mushy but I plan to set and forget.

I don't get the need for 1-8.  In my opinion, we are asking too much out of that set up.  Especially on "budget" optics.  Glass and overall quality has to suffer going 1-8 and in the $400 range.

How far will you be shooting?   I'm going to be at 200 yards or less most of the time.  So 1-4 is good for me.

Maybe compromise with the new PA gen 3 1-6 with the acss reticle.   I think the acss is a fantastic reticle. That scope is only 15.5 oz.  Reports say the glass isn't horrible. I'm thinking about getting one to try.

Or get the Steiner.  I'm happy with it just out of the box.  Time / usage will determine if I like it long term.  Others that have used it seem to be happy with it.

Choosing optics sucks, especially when there isn't anywhere around to see them in person.  It took me 2 months to decide to go with the Steiner.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This steiner appears to have great glass with a nice simple reticle and DL illumination, the downside is 4x
View Quote
Clearer glass > magnification every time. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for chiming in guys. The vortex is definitely out based primarily on that reticle.

I forget about the PA Gen iii 1-6 and I like the ranging capability, so maybe. My primary shooting is <125y and my goal is to have something to quickly mow down targets within 50 yards and still have the ability to hit small objects easily around 100 yards. My range is maxed at 200.

Quoted:

Choosing optics sucks, especially when there isn't anywhere around to see them in person.  It took me 2 months to decide to go with the Steiner.
View Quote
I hear you. I've been using irons for the past month while trying to decide. Nobody around me carries these types of scopes so I have to rely solely on youtube and input from fellow shooters here. Done torturing myself and wasting time though, so one way or another, today is the day. Leaning toward steiner.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for chiming in guys. The vortex is definitely out based primarily on that reticle.

I forget about the PA Gen iii 1-6 and I like the ranging capability, so maybe. My primary shooting is <125y and my goal is to have something to quickly mow down targets within 50 yards and still have the ability to hit small objects easily around 100 yards. My range is maxed at 200.

I hear you. I've been using irons for the past month while trying to decide. Nobody around me carries these types of scopes so I have to rely solely on youtube and input from fellow shooters here. Done torturing myself and wasting time though, so one way or another, today is the day. Leaning toward steiner.
View Quote

FYI

If you decide to go with the Steiner, I'd hold out a little longer.  DSG Arms frequently has them on sale.  The last sale price was $370.

Just keep watching their Web site.  They have a link to their site in the top ad banner.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This steiner appears to have great glass with a nice simple reticle and DL illumination, the downside is 4x
Agreed =.  Save and get great glass at a higher magnification if you want both.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The P4Xi MI QD mount combo was in stock until yesterday. Coincidentally DSG is having a 10% off sale this weekend. I suspect the combo will come back into stock by Tuesday.
View Quote
I was wrong. It came back into stock today instead of yesterday. Shell game much. LOL
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
With the mil discount the price with the mount is the same $463?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Botach has it on sale for $485
https://www.botach.com/steiner-p4xi-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-4x-24mm-illuminated-reticle-w-throw-lever/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CC_SteinerPromo_051817
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Botach has it on sale for $485
https://www.botach.com/steiner-p4xi-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-4x-24mm-illuminated-reticle-w-throw-lever/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CC_SteinerPromo_051817
View Quote
Of course now that I see this thread every place is $579
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of course now that I see this thread every place is $579
View Quote
DSGARMS.com is $463.99 if you log in.
Steiner P4Xi
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
463 would be nice but stupid sales tax in TX
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, why didn't I find this thread sooner!? I'd buy another P4Xi if they go near the ~$400 mark again. I thought Botach was a good deal at $485. Just signed up at DSG to keep an eye out. Thanks everyone for sharing the deals, I'm just kicking my own ass that I missed them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
^^^^

How do you like the illumination knob?  Mine is very mushy and it's easy to over rotate and go back to an off setting  because there isn't a strong distinct  click between them.

That's my only real complaint so far.

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm excited about the free mount. The guy I talked to said the msrp on the mount is going to be $299.99. I got mine from sport optics; couldn't do botchtactical.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
How does this fare to a PA Gen3 1-6x?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got mine in from DSG. HOLY FUCK I'm happy with this scope! Excellent build quality, glass is phenomenal,  reticle is actually useable, and the dot is daylight screamin' bright at mid-day. Dammit, I'm buying another one!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just got mine in from DSG. HOLY FUCK I'm happy with this scope! Excellent build quality, glass is phenomenal,  reticle is actually useable, and the dot is daylight screamin' bright at mid-day. Dammit, I'm buying another one!!!
View Quote
That was my exact response!  

I'm tempted to buy one for the AUG.  

What was yours out the door at DSG?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was my exact response!  

I'm tempted to buy one for the AUG.  

What was yours out the door at DSG?
View Quote
About $460.00, but I didn't get the mount. It DID come with the throw lever (VERY nice design).
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I cashed in on the DSG sale as well, wound up getting the optic for $408, shipped. I wish I had ordered two. Next sale I see... another is going in the mail.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I cashed in on the DSG sale as well, wound up getting the optic for $408, shipped. I wish I had ordered two. Next sale I see... another is going in the mail.
View Quote
I have been keeping my eye on their site and the email ads the last couple weeks hoping for a sale to finally pick one up, but no luck so far. I really hope they get down to the low $400s again soon or I'll be waiting a very long time
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have been keeping my eye on their site and the email ads the last couple weeks hoping for a sale to finally pick one up, but no luck so far. I really hope they get down to the low $400s again soon or I'll be waiting a very long time
View Quote

4th of July comming up, that's as good of chance of any for catching a good sale.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

4th of July comming up, that's as good of chance of any for catching a good sale.
View Quote
That's what I'm hoping! The next challenge will be getting one before they're sold out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
So I've ordered a Steiner from DSG Arms for $589 with Midwest Industries QD mount.

I have zero experience with this QD mount.  Anyone with any suggestions?

https://dsgarms.com/kt-miqd30-stn5202
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So I've ordered a Steiner from DSG Arms for $589 with Midwest Industries QD mount.

I have zero experience with this QD mount.  Anyone with any suggestions?

https://dsgarms.com/kt-miqd30-stn5202
View Quote
Suggestions about what?  I have a couple MI 30mm QD mounts and they are great mounts.  I like them slightly better than my ADM QD mounts.  It's just hard to find them cheap like ADM mounts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Guys who own or have owned both help me out. Vortex PST 1-4 or P4Xi?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Steiner hands down

The only 1-4 I like as much as the Steiner is the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 and the Steiner has a significantly better illumination.I like these things so much i'm running one on my sr25 with a kinetic development sidelock mount.I think these things are really under priced

2 by 03scgt, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Steiner hands down

The only 1-4 I like as much as the Steiner is the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 and the Steiner has a significantly better illumination.I like these things so much i'm running one on my sr25 with a kinetic development sidelock mount.I think these things are really under priced

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4239/34848036503_7045a8843b_b.jpg2 by 03scgt, on Flickr
View Quote
Thanks, nice weapons.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guys who own or have owned both help me out. Vortex PST 1-4 or P4Xi?
View Quote
Steiner. Hands down. Daylight bright. Better glass, although not by much. Eye relief and exit pupil feel about the same, PST might be a hair better. The P4XI feels a little easier to get the diopter setting so that it's closer to 1x. I haven't shot my P4XI past 100 yet so I can't compare bdc vs the moa reticle at distance. The Vortex is a solid option if you're strapped for cash and getting it stupid cheap with the closeouts that I've seen floating around.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not in my opinion... folks keep putting higher magnification scopes that add weight to what is for the majority of us is a 300-400meter gun.

If i need to poke out past 500m on a regular basis...I have better tools for that.

I would take the Steiner over the 8x SE all day long with its better glass and daylight visible red dot with a good weight that does not go over board.
View Quote
Agreed. 1-4 is all the magnification I really need and all the wt I care to add.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Agreed. 1-4 is all the magnification I really need and all the wt I care to add.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol y'all are forgetting he Steiner weighs as much as a lot of 1-6x scopes and my VX-6 weighed less. But of course the performance for the price is good. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Out of curiosity, are you able to re-zero the turrets on the P4Xi? I hope to get one soon, been waiting on sales and waiting for July4th sales was a bust for this optic.  The turrets do not seem like they should be loosened.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lol y'all are forgetting he Steiner weighs as much as a lot of 1-6x scopes and my VX-6 weighed less. But of course the performance for the price is good. 
View Quote
The vx6/mk6 are really the only 1-6's that weigh the same or less and have quality glass.I know pa/vortex both have their budget 1-6's but they aren't in the same league clarity wise and the closest comparable 1-6 is the vx6 at almost 3x the cost. Ive been through the nf 1-4/accupower 1-4/swfa 1-4/pstgenII 1-6/RAZOR 1-6/bushnell elite 1-6 and so far the steiner is the best compromise of cost/weight/quality that ive used. The new vx6hd with a cm-r reticle is probably going to be the real all around winner when it comes to the total package 1-6 market.I know the mk6 might be a favorite for a lot of people but the finicky illumination/eyebox are enough to keep me away.

and no the turrets cannot be reset to zero.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#43]
So I am ready to order the Steiner next week. What is the best place to pick up the P4Xi now?  DSG hasn't had any decent sales while I've been watching it for the past 1-1.5 months.  Any vendors that are selling in the sub $500?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Sport optics has them for $470 with the throw ever an free ups shipping they wouldn't sell them o me because of an Alaskan mailing address I think. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Im looking into the Steiner for my HD rifle. Currently using a MRO. My question is how is the 1x for a cqb? This is going to go on my 10.5 sbr. im using a ss barrel so having the 4x for some precision work is very appealing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Im looking into the Steiner for my HD rifle. Currently using a MRO. My question is how is the 1x for a cqb? This is going to go on my 10.5 sbr. im using a ss barrel so having the 4x for some precision work is very appealing.
View Quote
Eyebox on 1x is quite large and the illuminated dot is like a red dot. It's not quite as fast as a red dot, but it's pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Just placed my order with sport optics. I was going to wait until my next pay day, but I saw that it went from 8 to 5 left within 1 day. Only 4 left now.  Best price I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone gotten their promo mount from Steiner yet?  It's like waiting for something our of the back of a comic when you were a kid.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Eyebox on 1x is quite large and the illuminated dot is like a red dot. It's not quite as fast as a red dot, but it's pretty damn good.
View Quote
I second this. I couldn't believe how bright the dot is, even in full sunlight. I've been playing around with mine in the house and it works pretty good at room distance on 1x.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The vx6/mk6 are really the only 1-6's that weigh the same or less and have quality glass.I know pa/vortex both have their budget 1-6's but they aren't in the same league clarity wise and the closest comparable 1-6 is the vx6 at almost 3x the cost. Ive been through the nf 1-4/accupower 1-4/swfa 1-4/pstgenII 1-6/RAZOR 1-6/bushnell elite 1-6 and so far the steiner is the best compromise of cost/weight/quality that ive used. The new vx6hd with a cm-r reticle is probably going to be the real all around winner when it comes to the total package 1-6 market.I know the mk6 might be a favorite for a lot of people but the finicky illumination/eyebox are enough to keep me away.

and no the turrets cannot be reset to zero.
View Quote
Kahles K16i is about the same weight as the Steiner, obviously a better scope but for 4-5x the price.
Page / 25
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top