Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2016 3:12:24 AM EDT
If I could get these for around the same price, which one should I go for and why?

If this has already been discussed, please throw up a link in here!

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The Comp M3 has a 5 year battery life compared to the PRO's 3 year.

As far as I know that's the biggest thing.

I have a couple of 3s, I bought my daughter a PRO and some years back I bought my son a Comp M2.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Comp M3 has a 5 year battery life compared to the PRO's 3 year.

As far as I know that's the biggest thing.

I have a couple of 3s, I bought my daughter a PRO and some years back I bought my son a Comp M2.
View Quote

The M3 is built tougher I think too. The PRO was made for LE/civilian application the M3 is for military uses.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy at Aimpoint last summer told me they were the same exact thing and could not tell me why the M3 was worth more than the PRO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you really need another thread on the first page about this?

Let me be blunt:

ANY newer Aimpoint will be fine. You will never notice a difference in performance between a PRO or M3.

Buy whichever you like better or whichever is cheaper.

I've had at least 20 different Aimpoints from CompM (don't buy that dinosaur, not very bright) to CompM2, CompM3, CompM4, T1.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
The M3 is NV compatible, don't know about the pro, battery life has been discusses,  M3 has lens covers and rubber housing cover as well
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The M3 is NV compatible, don't know about the pro, battery life has been discusses,  M3 has lens covers and rubber housing cover as well
View Quote

PRO has NV settings too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PRO has NV settings too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PRO has NV settings too.

...and lens covers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
M3 listed as having an "extruded high strength aluminum body" where as the Pro is just a "high strength aluminum" body.

M3 can be had in 2 moa or 4 moa dot. Pro is only 2 moa. You might want to try to decide which is best for you if the consideration is a used M3 vs. new/used Pro.

New M3's I don't believe came with a mount. Pro's do.

That's all I've got as far as info goes.

I do have a M3 and a Pro. M3 is used but in like new shape. It came mounted to a GGG mount. Pro is still new in the box. Both are 2 moa. If I had to sell one, it'd be the M3 because it would mean more money than the Pro, and, I'll never use it hard enough to warrant the difference in the body composition. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to try a 4 MOA aimpoint but wouldn't want to drop more than 400 just to find I don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd like to try a 4 MOA aimpoint but wouldn't want to drop more than 400 just to find I don't like it.
View Quote

I've had several of both the 2 and 4 MOA versions and for most work I can barely see the difference. I usually keep the 4s turned down to keep the dot small and the 2s turned up a little. The only place to really tell is shooting for groups at longer distances, but I rarely do with RDSs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to know...I didn't really see any threads directly comparing the M3 & Pro, which is why I decided to throw this up.

I think someone already mentioned that the M3 doesn't come with a mount, and I think that's right...I actually found, what I thought, was an new M3 for the same price new as a Pro.  In reading the details, I realized it was a Pro, but they had put CompM3 in the title .

If they are pretty much the same for civilian purposes, I'll probably just stick with the Pro.

Quoted:
Did you really need another thread on the first page about this?

Let me be blunt:

ANY newer Aimpoint will be fine. You will never notice a difference in performance between a PRO or M3.

Buy whichever you like better or whichever is cheaper.

I've had at least 20 different Aimpoints from CompM (don't buy that dinosaur, not very bright) to CompM2, CompM3, CompM4, T1.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top