Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 3:11:09 PM EDT
I saw these in stock today and quickly ordered one. I believe they just released them so they will probably sell out quickly. Its basically a micro Acog without magnification. I'm looking forward to shooting with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Where? How much?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Primary arms posted it on their Facebook
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Primary Arms has them for 219.99
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to have to wait for the next shipment.  Broke right now, but I want one so bad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its basically a micro Acog without magnification.
View Quote

So...it's basically nothing like an ACOG at all?  lol

I think you meant to say, "it's basically another Holosun Aimpoint micro red dot clone with some extra dots."
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you meant to say, "it's basically another Holosun Aimpoint micro red dot clone with some extra dots."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its basically a micro Acog without magnification.

It's a chevron reticle with a dot bdc.  A lot of ACOGs have a chevron reticle above a BDC.  I'm assuming he was meaning it was similar on reticle format.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Go figure, another internet smartass. So basically the Acog is an overpriced 3x the size and weight of this sight with magnification?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the general consensus, if any, on this ACSS at 1x?  Doesn't it usually come on variable optics?  Are there any FFP variables out there where the BDCs are viable at 1x and people like having ranging at 1x?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
For those times when you're shooting your AR pistol at 600yds and wish you had a ranging reticle in your 1x micro red dot...
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go figure, another internet smartass. So basically the Acog is an overpriced 3x the size and weight of this sight with magnification?
View Quote

I like Holosun optics, but there is NO comparison between an ACOG and a Holosun.

You get what you pay for........and this is coming from someone who has ACOGs, Holosun, and Vortex optics......
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I was only kidding, because you can't say anything on this forum without some know it all trying to punk you. It's a red dot with the same reticle as an Acog, so they have similarities. They aren't identical but it seems like it will be good for CQB and if you have to reach out to distance you have the ability to.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds awesom for use with 3x magnifier.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds awesom for use with 3x magnifier.
View Quote

Yes it does, for whenever Aimpoint comes out with the mini magnifier.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For those times when you're shooting your AR pistol at 600yds and wish you had a ranging reticle in your 1x micro red dot...
View Quote

Because you know people don't ever use magnifiers with RDS nor do people ever shoot rounds that drop off before getting to 150+ yards.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Well that escalated quickly (Always wanted to say that)
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shoot. And not sure why.

I know a lot of people, myself included have been looking forward to this for a long time.

Some people don't like it, fine, no one is making anyone buy this. So they think it's useless on a pistol because they can't see shooting 600 yards... okay, but I'm going to put mine on a 300 blk that is benefited greatly by this reticle. The amount of hold over needed at 150 or 200 yards shooting subsonics is a pretty difficult task on a red dot. At least for me it is. I also Like the chevron.

It's not an ACOG, it's a micro red dot with what for some, will be an enhanced reticle.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know a lot of people, myself included have been looking forward to this for a long time.

Some people don't like it, fine, no one is making anyone buy this. So they think it's useless on a pistol because they can't see shooting 600 yards... okay, but I'm going to put mine on a 300 blk that is benefited greatly by this reticle. The amount of hold over needed at 150 or 200 yards shooting subsonics is a pretty difficult task on a red dot. At least for me it is. I also Like the chevron.

It's not an ACOG, it's a micro red dot with what for some, will be an enhanced reticle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.

I think those with an astigmatism are going to like this reticle to which is kind of why I'm thinking of purchasing one myself. I have pretty much switched over to all variable optics but for a lighter weight set up this definitely has my attention now being that the Chevron's probably won't screw with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Same.  I just bought 5 lowers and put naked BCM uppers on all of them.  Put a carry handle on one and I want two with red dots and two with the primary arms 3x prisms.   QD detaching mounts for both the red dots and prisms.  (I'm actually torn between the 3x and 5x prisms)

Back to the new primary arms red dot, I love the chevron.  My ACOG (TA11E)  has a chevron and I love it.  Add the horseshoe and I am sold.  Absolutely love the idea! I think it'll be perfect for cqb and decent up to 300m which is perfect for the two rifles getting red dots.  I'll admit I don't see myself even bothering with the bdc or shooting beyond 300m.  I just love the chevron/horseshoe concept
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Same.  I just bought 5 lowers and put naked BCM uppers on all of them.  Put a carry handle on one and I want two with red dots and two with the primary arms 3x prisms.   QD detaching mounts for both the red dots and prisms.  (I'm actually torn between the 3x and 5x prisms)

Back to the new primary arms red dot, I love the chevron.  My ACOG (TA11E)  has a chevron and I love it.  Add the horseshoe and I am sold.  Absolutely love the idea! I think it'll be perfect for cqb and decent up to 300m which is perfect for the two rifles getting red dots.  I'll admit I don't see myself even bothering with the bdc or shooting beyond 300m.  I just love the chevron/horseshoe concept
View Quote

This is Arfcom, so you answered this dilemma yourself; if you're getting two prisms, you might as well get both the 3x and the 5x! I have the now discontinued 4x and still really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is Arfcom, so you answered this dilemma yourself; if you're getting two prisms, you might as well get both the 3x and the 5x! I have the now discontinued 4x and still really enjoy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a discontinued 2.5x I honestly like it
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I know I wish they still made the 4X!  Since hats what I'm used to from ACOGs I'd love them for my prisms.  No idea if I'd prefer the 3X or 5X.  And I hesitate to buy both cuz whichever I like more will probably make me resent the loser who will then never see duty and be a waste of cash lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For those trying to order there will be more in stock later today. More are going through QC now.
View Quote

Will you be stocking the new 503gu?  Circle dot model?

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#25]
My 503g arrived and has a reticle issue. I am very disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Could you add a picture? I was curious how the properties of the reticle would carry over to a red dot. I wonder if yours is defective or an underlying issue.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those trying to order there will be more in stock later today. More are going through QC now.
View Quote

Luckily mine already shipped out.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I shot a match a couple weeks ago with shots ranging from 3 to 485 yards. The rifle I used was equipped with a primary arms md-ads micro. And although I beat a lot of people with magnified optics the ACSS reticle could of helped me be a little faster. Not sure why you felt the need to come in here and trash a product you've never used. Maybe it's not for you and that's ok, but maybe others can find it beneficial.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I ordered one. Was going to get a reflex sight like the Sig Romeo 3 for my B&T 9mm SBR. Looks like this will be a nice option for it instead. Will be a fun range toy when my Ghost-M stamp is approved.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#30]
They are sending me a new one. I believe that this one was just defective from the factory and got past QC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just received mine, and I have mixed feelings.  Could easily be because I have astigmatism, but the "dots" look more like a solid line to my eyes.  For me, it would have been better to omit every other dot.  Also, can't really distinguish the carat at the top of the reticle.

Tried putting an Aimpoint 3x magnifier behind the red dot, and it made the dots look worse.  Damn, I hate getting older (okay, "old").

Never the less, it's probably going to be a decent red dot.  The outer ring becomes the "doughnut of death" at close to medium range, and I'll see exactly how I use the reticle for more precise shots in the next few weeks.

Considering the price, overall it's not a bad red dot.  Build quality seems pretty good, regardless of price.

ETA:
Checked it against my 503C, and the outer circle seems as defined as the 503G and is about the same size.  The difference is the dot versus the carat and dots.  What amounts to a vertical bar can still be used for close range shots as a holdover estimator.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm excited has hell to throw lead with this reticle.  

Here is a great video explaining its capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fN5Lj1mctM
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm excited has hell to throw lead with this reticle.  

Here is a great video explain its capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fN5Lj1mctM
View Quote

Thanks for this post. Makes more sense to me now. Very interested in this optic now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Are the subtensions posted by Daggert accurate?  And what are the MOA subtensions for the chevron itself?

I'm playing with one now. I'm really impressed about the glass clarity and the reticle crispness. You can pick up the BDC dots without magnification, if you have young eyes, for sure.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#36]
... it's pretty impressive with a magnifier behind it...
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Warmed it up for folks..ACSS MICRO
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are the subtensions posted by Daggert accurate?  And what are the MOA subtensions for the chevron itself?

I'm playing with one now. I'm really impressed about the glass clarity and the reticle crispness. You can pick up the BDC dots without magnification, if you have young eyes, for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/a8GIGSn.jpg
View Quote

[sigh] I wish it looked that crisp to my old eyes as it does in the photo.

One thing that is obvious is the glass is clear...
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Check out the hold overs HERE
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top