Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2016 10:06:10 PM EDT
I have one of these that I bought several years ago. I currently don't have an AR that needs this scope but I do have a Ruger hunting rifle in .270 Winchester that doesn't have a scope on it right now. I know the combination probably isn't ideal, so putting that part aside, will the scope take the recoil from that rifle?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the 1-4x models were sold with the "point blank" reticles.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is the midwayusa model with the BDC 600. I don't really use the reticule as a BDC. I picked it because I don't like the point blank reticule. I ran it thru Nikon's software and a 100 yard zero will put the first circle at around 270 yards on my .270 with federal fusion. I think I'm going to put it on and give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The M-223 1-4 BDC 600 scope will be fine on whatever rifle you choose. At the end of the day it is backed by Nikon's No Fault Policy for peace of mind. I have seen guy's use the M-223 1-4's on slug guns,muzzleloaders and even crossbows.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
While I'm not fond of the reticle, the important thing is that is has pretty good glass, tracks reasonably well, is, indeed, plenty rugged, and Nikon's ballistic software (Spot On) will calculate your hold over points for your load with correct input.  Or use free or cheap ballistic software.  My favorite is Strelok+ Pro which I think costs a whopping $12 or so and includes hundreds of reticles including your Nikon BDC.

FWIW, I've used a low power Monarch long eye relief scout scope (not tactical) on a bruising strong action .45-70 firing 405 grain bullets at 2,100 fps.  That's over 4,000 foot pounds of energy - getting up in elephant gun range.  It will push you and the scope around a bit!  No problem. A .270 is a pussy cat in comparison.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top