Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:48:53 PM EDT
Hello, is anyone using the US Optics SR-8c on a AR 223? I came into a deal but was reading some have had to mount them on extended mounts, please let me know what you use if you have one, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Aero precision

Very nice lightweight extended mount. Not QD though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You need extended mounts for most scopes if you shoot NTCH or close to it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for you input!
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot nearly NTCH and I use a standard Larue mount with my SR4C mounted all the way forward. The extended mount will give a little more flexibility.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot nearly NTCH and I use a standard Larue mount with my SR4C mounted all the way forward. The extended mount will give a little more flexibility.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/ARs/BCM_M4A1_Mid_zpsdtuwzo0w.jpg

View Quote

How do you like the US OPTICS, compared to say NF1-4 FC2, or the Accupower?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/ARs/BCM_M4A1_Mid_zpsdtuwzo0w.jpg

The USO is the best combination of red dot and ranging scope available. The illumination technology is similar to an Aimpoint projecting a simple 4 MOA dot for close range, while the crosshair nearly ghosts out so it's not distracting. Holdovers are pretty easy with the mil hash marks at 4x. I've used the SR4C in lowlight force-on-force simunitions training, and it true is like looking through an Aimpoint at 1x under those conditions.

The biggest problem I have with the Accupower and NF reticles is how badly they obscure the target at medium ranges. They work fine at very close or long range, but they make targets around 100 yards very difficult to see through the bulky busy reticles (more true of the Accupower--the NF isn't as bad). Their battery life also can't compete with the USO.

The only downside to the USO is weight. At 20 oz the thing is a pig. That's true of any USO though since they put such an emphasis on durability.

Here's a thorough review of the SR4C that mirrors my experience: http://apdmarksmanshipteam.org/blog/us-optics-01/

For outdoor use, I really like the Trijicon Accupoint with dot/crosshair reticle. The dot is almost 4 MOA at 1x like an Aimpoint, and the German #4 reticle doesn't obscure the target. No holdovers on the reticle though, and the illumination ghosts out inside (although the German #4 reticle is fairly decent for an all-black reticle). The Vortex Razor 1-6x is pretty great too, but it's a pig in the weight department too and adds the battery life concern back in.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top