Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:47:17 PM EDT
Or for that matter, any of the carry handle scopes that can be fitted into a flat top mount.

Thank you very much!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The mount has a beveled inner surface that matches the angles in the channel of a carry handle.

The optic rests in the valley and is secured by vertical (countersunk for mount) screws from the underside.

The mount is secured to the flat top.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a nut in the ACOG, or are the threads machined right into the platform, so to speak.  The screw must be just long enough to not mess up the channel to see the iron sights, eh?  Not that it matters when mounting on a flat top.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Your guess is correct.  Threads are machined into bottom of ACOG.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
No, yes, and yes.

Here's a pic of the sight channel

Indeed it is mute on a flat top

Yes the screws are specific in length

Other prism sights like the Burris ar 332 and I believe the vortex and pa sights are compatible with acog mounts and carry handle channels as well.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  That helps me.  Krashdog, I can see why the TA33 weighs about half of what the other ones do.  I didn't realize it was so small in comparison.   But the less weight is good.  I think.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top