Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:34:12 PM EDT
Just what the subject says...  OCD about stuff like that; figured it would help a bit if I ever wanted to sell or trade.  It's a decent little box and I'm sure I could find lots of uses for it if "all original packaging and documentation" is NOT required.  Got plenty of bubble wrap and other boxes to send mine in with.

Since people are close to getting checks back, I'll send mine in after the other guinea pigs report success.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The  email you get after requesting a return specifically says not to send it in the original case.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't send my box.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The  email you get after requesting a return specifically says not to send it in the original case.
View Quote

I sent mine in with my plastic case. I didn't read that in my email. Not saying it wasn't there, just that I didn't read it. I've received my confirmation that my refund is coming, but that's it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I sent mine in with my plastic case. I didn't read that in my email. Not saying it wasn't there, just that I didn't read it. I've received my confirmation that my refund is coming, but that's it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just looked over my email, nothing about removing it from the box there. Just says to remove the batteries before shipping and print out the two emails and include them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
send it in the case of whatever optic you are replacing it with
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent three all in their original plastic box.  Helps to prevent damage is the way I saw it
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
My confirmation email specifically stated, "To save space it is not necessary to return the plastic box with the optic."

So I wrapped it in bubble wrap and sent it off.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I sent three all in their original plastic box.  Helps to prevent damage is the way I saw it
View Quote

I sent mine in without the box, insured the heck out of it, and hoped USPS smashed/lost the package on the way.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Roger to all!  TYVM for the info...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think my 3 first I returned had the no box request, but I really didn't look for it.
On the last one that was sent in much later, and it had the request.

But I sent them all back with the original box and all paper work. Hell I even had the original outer cardboard sleeve.

The reason I sent them back in the original box was 2 fold.
1: What the hell was I going with them all. Plus it was a safer way to deal with the USPS package handlers.
2: They can deal with it. It's their lies and denials that caused all of this. They can deal with the whole package.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt send in my box and also removed the aftermarket knob I was using for it and sent it in without on. No issues. Just got my check.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
i was approved for 2 sights and my email does not say that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#13]
any one have a link for the refund request my attempt last month came up skunked I'm still sitting on my eotech.  

thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, hang-fire...  Please delete this goof mods..
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didnt send in my box and also removed the aftermarket knob I was using for it and sent it in without on.
No issues. Just got my check.
View Quote

I sent my XPS-2 in right after Thanksgiving/ 1st week of December in it's case;
received 2 emails about it w/ notification that a check will arrive, but nothing thus far else..
How long did your refund take?!?  I'm certain I am not the only one that has figured out that
L3 is not answering phones, or update emails? Hmphh...
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a old 552 (build date 2001) it is not on the list any one know what the deal is with the older ones ?
thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just what the subject says...  OCD about stuff like that; figured it would help a bit if I ever wanted to sell or trade.  It's a decent little box and I'm sure I could find lots of uses for it if "all original packaging and documentation" is NOT required.  Got plenty of bubble wrap and other boxes to send mine in with.

Since people are close to getting checks back, I'll send mine in after the other guinea pigs report success.
View Quote

I sent my original box back inside a different box, some of the early December ra have received their checks
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I just looked at my email and it says nothing about the box. It just says ship it back to us basically. Weird they would send different emails out. I sent it in the box to be sure to prevent damage
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a old 552 (build date 2001) it is not on the list any one know what the deal is with the older ones ?
thanks
View Quote

There is a drop down box marked discontinued, it will be in there. That's where my 553 was
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

received 2 emails about it w/ notification that a check will arrive, but nothing thus far else..
How long did your refund take?!?  I'm certain I am not the only one that has figured out that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didnt send in my box and also removed the aftermarket knob I was using for it and sent it in without on.

L3 might not be answering phones but there is a number to call to get the status of your refund..
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

L3 might not be answering phones but there is a number to call to get the status of your refund..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share that number please I have not located that and I sure would like to know
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha.. I just got my check yesterday afternoon..
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeh I have an old n cell eotech that always kills the battery even when it is off. I wrote customer service after seeing the shot show video saying "we will do whatever is necessary to make the customer happy." I simply asked if instead of a refund of they would just swap it for an AA model that was already returned. They responded essentially "no." So the short of it "f" them. How did you all determine the return price for a discontinued optic? I have no idea how much I paid in 02.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeh I have an old n cell eotech that always kills the battery even when it is off. I wrote customer service after seeing the shot show video saying "we will do whatever is necessary to make the customer happy." I simply asked if instead of a refund of they would just swap it for an AA model that was already returned. They responded essentially "no." So the short of it "f" them. How did you all determine the return price for a discontinued optic? I have no idea how much I paid in 02.
View Quote

google the optic name and msrp, should bring up old stuff you could reference.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will check the MSRP. Thanks. If it is worth $1 it will be going back now along with every other one I own. I was hoping when they said at shot "we will do whatever is necessary to make our customers happy" they would consider instead of giving cash for a sight to give a trade for a sigh (already sent back)t they would either trash, crash, smash, or recycle and get nothing for. I will remember to stick to trijicon for my future purchases. They treated me well when I came back from deployment and sent my personal TA11 in for refit. They charged me NOTHING and sent me a thank you letter. When I called they again said thank you.

So as far as the case goes, they will get my sight and nothing else. Screw them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I took it, dropped it in a usps flat rate box with no padding, and shipped it rattling around.

Got my $.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Well after watching their shot show video again where they clearly state they will do an "exchange" and I was pretty clearly told by email that they lied. I will likely burn mine to a molten metal crisp with a road flair and send it to them with a DVD containing the video attached in the smallest envelope I can fit it in.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/wMHvkjMQMyg[/youtube]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top