Light transmission - 90%
Aiming Post - Picket Post
Length 155mm (6.1 in)
Height (body) 43mm (1.7 in)
Weight - 400 Grams (14.3 oz)
Body - One Piece extruded Aluminum
Finish - Hardcoat Anodize

Cost 699

Looks like a alternative to the TAO1 but a step above other cheaper products.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the update!

Might I suggest adding some phospholuminesent material to the reticle? Aka a glow in the dark reticle that we can charge with a flashlight? Unless the optic is teitum powered that is.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the update!

Might I suggest adding some phospholuminesent material to the reticle? Aka a glow in the dark reticle that we can charge with a flashlight? Unless the optic is teitum powered that is.
View Quote
 You are absolutely right!  We would eventually be adding tritium (like the SUSAT) which makes the tip of the post glow (pretty effective and cool) - it would have to go back through the NRC for the license.  After 3 years of work spent getting tritium back in our OEGs we are taking a bit of a break on that...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
If it was $700 MSRP with tritium and/or FO, I could see a market for it. I like the form factor, which looks like it'll work better with rifles that have a lower-than-AR-15 sight plane. No illumination is a problem when I'm paying that much for a combat optic, though.

But I also think the huge SUSAT-style aiming post is going to be a very hard sell in today's market if it goes much above that price. The TA01NSN isn't a perfect optic, but it's giving you a decent reticle, BUIS, and tritium at that $1000 price point... not to mention that it's a proven combat optic.

The holy grail is a combat-tough 3x/4x prism optic with illumination at the $500-$600 mark, which would revolutionize the market like the Aimpoint PRO and Mepro Tru-Dot did for reflex sights.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If it was $700 MSRP with tritium and/or FO, I could see a market for it. I like the form factor, which looks like it'll work better with rifles that have a lower-than-AR-15 sight plane. No illumination is a problem when I'm paying that much for a combat optic, though.

But I also think the huge SUSAT-style aiming post is going to be a very hard sell in today's market if it goes much above that price. The TA01NSN isn't a perfect optic, but it's giving you a decent reticle, BUIS, and tritium at that $1000 price point... not to mention that it's a proven combat optic.

The holy grail is a combat-tough 3x/4x prism optic with illumination at the $500-$600 mark, which would revolutionize the market like the Aimpoint PRO and Mepro Tru-Dot did for reflex sights.
View Quote

Thanks - Great feedback!  I think that you are completely on point with your comments.  Most people like the post once they shoot it, but it definitely doesn't scream "bells and whistles".  Keep in mind that we also use a massive fixed prism that won't move if you drop your weapon - kind of important...   We'll keep working on it!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks - Great feedback!  I think that you are completely on point with your comments.  Most people like the post once they shoot it, but it definitely doesn't scream "bells and whistles".  Keep in mind that we also use a massive fixed prism that won't move if you drop your weapon - kind of important...   We'll keep working on it!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're up for more feedback. A bullet drop compensating turret might help some deal with the "lack of fancy reticle" and make them more prone to buying it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're up for more feedback. A bullet drop compensating turret might help some deal with the "lack of fancy reticle" and make them more prone to buying it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always appreciated!!  We do have models with cam operated range plates. The bodies (1,000+) were built with 4 different specific mount designs (+ the range plate models with the same deal...).  Those (mostly) all need to be modified to a universal configuration that we can work from.  Right now we are just barely keeping up with Tritium replacement and a new grenade launcher sight that HAS to be finished - like yesterday...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Always appreciated!!  We do have models with cam operated range plates. The bodies (1,000+) were built with 4 different specific mount designs (+ the range plate models with the same deal...).  Those (mostly) all need to be modified to a universal configuration that we can work from.  Right now we are just barely keeping up with Tritium replacement and a new grenade launcher sight that HAS to be finished - like yesterday...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us posted when you guys make changes, it's really good to see a prism optic that could be mil spec tough, under what Trijicon, Elcan and others are asking for theres.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Keep us posted when you guys make changes, it's really good to see a prism optic that could be mil spec tough, under what Trijicon, Elcan and others are asking for theres.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After you guys finish that grenade launcher get us this optic. I say give it a simple reticle such as the TA01 style BDC , and give me some control over the windage.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Roger that!  Have had a proto of a similar reticle already in testing for a while - something that brings your eye immediately to the center crosshairs.  Personally not a big fan of a "busy" reticle, except for certain applications.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top