Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:01:03 PM EDT
I just bought a "never used," Weaver Super Slam Matte Scope 2-10 x 42 with Dual-X Reticle 800310 I paid 241.00 total for it. After all my research it seems like a good scope at a good price. What do you guys think? I was considering mounting it on my favorite AR, or moving the scope off of my .308AR platform rifle to my AR and putting this on the larger rifle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Super Slam a lot, would like another one
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is good to know. There is so much to learn - This just seemed like a good deal, but am not sure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Another discussion here led me to spend $400 on the tactical version of your scope.  You got a great deal and Natchez has it for $280 which is still good for anyone needing a solid hunting optic.  I find it to be in the same class as my Burris XTR, Bushnell Elites, and SWFA hd.  I had the same idea and put it on my LR308.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another discussion here led me to spend $400 on the tactical version of your scope.  You got a great deal and Natchez has it for $280 which is still good for anyone needing a solid hunting optic.  I find it to be in the same class as my Burris XTR, Bushnell Elites, and SWFA hd.  I had the same idea and put it on my LR308.

http://i.imgur.com/LAaXrf6l.jpg
View Quote

Hello,
I actually bought that same one for my DPMS G2 908! I have not yet mounted it, plan on doing that over the long weekend coming up. So, what I basically bought was a solid hunting scope, hmm. I don't really plan on hunting with my rifles, mainly I punch paper and think about home defense. I was thinking about putting this on my LR 308, 24" barrel, and putting the current VX-1 on my other AR that has a Nikon 3x fixed power. I thought this made sense - hope I didn't make a mistake not going with the more tactical one. However, it sounds like I got a good deal and crosshairs are crosshairs ;-D
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top