Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2015 4:30:09 PM EDT
Funny story I just found my Aimpoint Comp M4 in a Larue cantilever M68 CCO mount.  It has been missing for about 3 or 4 years and presumed stolen.  Magically turned up right where I put it in a closet so long ago.  

Anyway my preference for mount choice and location was originally based on the purchase of a PVS-14 or a magnifier for the Aimpoint so I bought the Larue cantilever mount to mount it farther forward.

It is not likely I will purchase Night vision any time soon for financial reasons so the need to have the optic so far forward does not apply.  

Do you prefer the cantilever style mounting so the optic is farther forward off the receiver?

Do you prefer mounting in a non cantilever mount on the far front of the receiver?

Do you mount your Aimpoint closer to the midpoint of the receiver and closer to your eye?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I mount mine as far forward as possible. Right now it's like in pic 2, although I'd like a cantilever in pic 1
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it those are not your pics as that is a Comp m3 not m4. But I personally prefer the "Aimpoint cowitness" that is not quite lower 1/3 or completely absolute therefore just stick with the QRP2 and I place it as far forward as possible. Why? I dunno just feels right I cannot personally tell the difference between it being closer to the BUIS or a few slots down the rail. Just do whatever feels better balanced to you as long as you zero it after moving it, it won't matter whether or not "you're doing it correctly". If you're asking whether or not to buy a new mount or go back to the QRP just to not have cantilever than I would tell you I'd rather have the QD and superior RTZ features of the Larue mount and would rather just spend money on ammo, mags, or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I take it those are not your pics as that is a Comp m3 not m4.

View Quote
That is correct. I found pictures approximating the three mounting possibilities.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Forward edge of receiver for me. Easy enough to pick up dot, yet far enough away to not obstruct my vision (you keep BOTH eyes open with a RDS, unlike a scope).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top