Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2015 1:37:45 AM EDT
I have a acog mounted on a carbine , 16 inch barrel, 15 inch handguards. Obviously the acog is my primary optic. However I want something else for a mixture of close range and back up usage.

I have standard buis now, but I can't use them with the acog on the gun. I'm just not sure if I want to add a RDS at 45 degrees. Toss buis on at 45 degrees. Or just leave the buis on the flattop and master the bad.

This rifle serves multiple purpoaes.
RDS AT 45? Good for close work, takes batteries though so potentially could leave me with no rds and no acog.

Buis or irons at 45, don't take batteries, won't stop working. Not as great for close range.

Buis on rail, need to remove acog to use, no quick transition for close range

Help me decide. I can't afford a trijicon rmr.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I piggybacked my ACOG with a primary arms mini reflex, and it worked great. (These can be had cheap, and is better than BUIS IMO)

If you go this route the P.A. uses a Docter/Burris patterned mount that attaches to the ACOG.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I piggybacked my ACOG with a primary arms mini reflex, and it worked great. (These can be had cheap, and is better than BUIS IMO)

If you go this route the P.A. uses a Docter/Burris patterned mount that attaches to the ACOG.
View Quote

What i would suggest too especially if you can mount it on top.

I run a 45 degree red dot on my hunting rig it's great for that but i would rather have it on top if it was a general purpose gun.
I've been running mine this way for several years.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried both eyes open ACOG Bindon Aiming Concept? It is free!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I just can't pick up the reticle fast enough for BAC. I find myself moving my head around trying to find the "right spot"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Throw an RMR, or some other mini-reflex on top of the ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just can't pick up the reticle fast enough for BAC. I find myself moving my head around trying to find the "right spot"
View Quote

Fair enough.  A small reflex should do.  If money is tight, the Burris Fastfire III will work.  RMR or Leupold DeltaPoint better.  Leupold will soon release the ruggedized duty grade DeltaPoint Pro.  It is motion activated, so always on.  No need to push a button or turn a rotary switch.  I hope to evaluate one soon.  Right now running a Fastfire III in a LaRue scope ring mount with a 3-9x tactical scope while waiting.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top