Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 30
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Significant in what way? Is the optic mounted on a gun? If you ordered from
Ky I assume you have no mount. So an optic turned up high up to your eye will give you glare. Mount the optic correctly on a weapon and the glare is gone.

Again all these people complaining haven't even actually used the optic let alone mounted on a weapon. I hear a lot of tacticool test walking around inside the house with no gun? What exactly does that show? Nothing. When the optic is mounted correctly glare is almost non existent. Can glare be found in certain situations. Of course. But you actually have to work to make it happen, and it's far from significant when it does happen.

No glare on mine actually mounted up. Unless I have it on setting 6 and have my eye up against the optic. Which isn't the correct usage. When using 3-5 setting with my current distance from optic to eye I have zero glare issues. Neither have the 4 other people to try my set up so far. Again if I really try to creat a condition for glare sure I can make it happen. But under real world usage there isn't a problem. That's assuming you have good eye sight without visual impairments.

<a href="http://s187.photobucket.com/user/Blues2000boy/media/5A4C7277-8790-413F-B62D-07B562156372.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Blues2000boy/5A4C7277-8790-413F-B62D-07B562156372.jpg</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not here to stir the pot.  Honest.

I was at a gun shop today and they had an mro in a locked glass case.  It was powered on and at eye level.  Light was coming in the front door of the building behind me and when I was looking through the case into the optic there was an overpowering red glare throughout the whole optic.

I didn't ask to take it out of the case to look at it better.  Is that red glare normal?  Maybe they had the brightness too high so people can see the dot?  I don't know but it sure was overpowering.

Looking at the red dot not mounted on anything inside a glass cabinet while having to look through the the glass is pretty much the worse opinion you could on a optic.

I got mine today and the red glare is significant.  The blue tint and magnification, not so much.

$385 shipped from kygunco, if anyone's shopping for one.

Significant in what way? Is the optic mounted on a gun? If you ordered from
Ky I assume you have no mount. So an optic turned up high up to your eye will give you glare. Mount the optic correctly on a weapon and the glare is gone.

Again all these people complaining haven't even actually used the optic let alone mounted on a weapon. I hear a lot of tacticool test walking around inside the house with no gun? What exactly does that show? Nothing. When the optic is mounted correctly glare is almost non existent. Can glare be found in certain situations. Of course. But you actually have to work to make it happen, and it's far from significant when it does happen.

No glare on mine actually mounted up. Unless I have it on setting 6 and have my eye up against the optic. Which isn't the correct usage. When using 3-5 setting with my current distance from optic to eye I have zero glare issues. Neither have the 4 other people to try my set up so far. Again if I really try to creat a condition for glare sure I can make it happen. But under real world usage there isn't a problem. That's assuming you have good eye sight without visual impairments.

<a href="http://s187.photobucket.com/user/Blues2000boy/media/5A4C7277-8790-413F-B62D-07B562156372.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Blues2000boy/5A4C7277-8790-413F-B62D-07B562156372.jpg</a>

What's your serial #?

Mine is 27xxx and has significant red glare with the light source anywhere from 3-6 o'clock
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
28****. Are you talking with the optic actually mounted? As other have pointed out once actually mounted to a weapon and in use the glare is a non issue
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As stated in another thread, mine is shipping to the factory tomorrow. Reticle is a small bundle of jagged lines. Very disappointing, but i'm hoping it can be fixed.
View Quote

Do you have an astigmatism?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll snap some pics of mine mounted and running in various lightning conditions
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
28****. Are you talking with the optic actually mounted? As other have pointed out once actually mounted to a weapon and in use the glare is a non issue
View Quote

Yes, I just got my mount today.

I just noticed my bluish tint is more pronounced on the right side.
hmm, strange.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying it appears as though the blue tint is not evenly applied?

Are you sure it doesn't have to do with the fact that the objective lens is tilted and it's not just an illusion?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine had a 'bubble' in the blue tint coating, on the inside.
Among many other things that I disliked about that MRO, this was annoying as hell, and once I spotted it, My eyes would gravitate towards it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#8]
MRO mount from Samson Manufacturing available now.  http://www.samson-mfg.com/product/QR-MRO-1-53.html

(shown on a DoubleStar ARC)

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The group of guys I shoot with have a bunch of these coming into rotation.  I was able to shoot some drills with an MRO on a Sig MPX SBR last weekend.  There were two things that were really noticeable/different to me in comparison to my T-1 when doing drills at 50 yards.  First was the very crisp, perfectly round dot.  A definite plus over the T-1, and equal to the T-2's I've used.  It didn't really impact accuracy or speed, but it was much nicer to look at!  It does make some difference in zeroing and probably even more difference at longer range against small pinpoint targets.

Second was the tint.  This was a bit of problem when shooting into dark/shaded areas where the targets (fairly well shot up steel plates) tended to blend in with the background.  I had a harder time finding the target through the MRO than I did with my T-1 or my naked eye.  That is a definite minus.  I did not really notice any practical difference with the larger "window."  To me there was no appreciable difference in target acquisition speed (assuming the tint didn't interfere) versus a T-1.  That said, I did not have a chance to shoot it off my weak side.  That's where I would expect the larger window might have some advantage.

So far everyone I know who has actually shot with one has been impressed.  Assuming they hold up to some abuse, for the money it looks like a truly fantastic optic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The group of guys I shoot with have a bunch of these coming into rotation.  I was able to shoot some drills with an MRO on a Sig MPX SBR last weekend.  There were two things that were really noticeable/different to me in comparison to my T-1 when doing drills at 50 yards.  First was the very crisp, perfectly round dot.  A definite plus over the T-1, and equal to the T-2's I've used.  It didn't really impact accuracy or speed, but it was much nicer to look at!  It does make some difference in zeroing and probably even more difference at longer range against small pinpoint targets.

Second was the tint.  This was a bit of problem when shooting into dark/shaded areas where the targets (fairly well shot up steel plates) tended to blend in with the background.  I had a harder time finding the target through the MRO than I did with my T-1 or my naked eye.  That is a definite minus.  I did not really notice any practical difference with the larger "window."  To me there was no appreciable difference in target acquisition speed (assuming the tint didn't interfere) versus a T-1.  That said, I did not have a chance to shoot it off my weak side.  That's where I would expect the larger window might have some advantage.

So far everyone I know who has actually shot with one has been impressed.  Assuming they hold up to some abuse, for the money it looks like a truly fantastic optic.
View Quote

This. It's seems people who have actually mounted it up and fired it seem to be happy. I know I was.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This. It's seems people who have actually mounted it up and fired it seem to be happy. I know I was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep saying this but that is not entirely true.  I mounted mine up and the issues were still there for me.  As I stated with my experience, I honestly think some of the issues are because of an individuals eye sight.  Another thing that I think is playing into this is the quality of the glass.  There is a reason these sights are so cheap.  The glass that is used is a big factor in the cost and quality of the optic.  If they are using a low cost glass to keep the cost down, that would explain why some have more magnification that others, some experience double images and some have more tint/ glare than others.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You keep saying this but that is not entirely true.  I mounted mine up and the issues were still there for me.  As I stated with my experience, I honestly think some of the issues are because of an individuals eye sight.  Another thing that I think is playing into this is the quality of the glass.  There is a reason these sights are so cheap.  The glass that is used is a big factor in the cost and quality of the optic.  If they are using a low cost glass to keep the cost down, that would explain why some have more magnification that others, some experience double images and some have more tint/ glare than others.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well my original comment I did say I was basing my opinion off good vision as I have no vision issues. Not people with vision issues.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#13]

I don't have any pics/video of me shooting it yet, but so far I love it.  I don't have experience with other red dots really, so I am not a great reviewer, but the MRO didn't hurt to look through with both eyes open and I didn't so much notice the glare at the range.  It's more of an indoor issue it seems.

I do like it mounted back a little more.  Takes advantage of the FOV.   Mine is in the 20K serial range on an American Defense lower 1/3 mount.  Great mount.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well my original comment I did say I was basing my opinion off good vision as I have no vision issues. Not people with vision issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm entering late but I have laser corrected vision. Something insane like 20/10 if that exists.  I'm 41 and my vision is better than anyone I know by a long shot.  All that said, I ordered an MRO from Larue and am still waiting for it.  I had the chance to handle one today at my local shop and wow there was magnification!  And a reddish tint.  I can live with the tint - I got used to the blue/green tint on my cheap PA.  I am, however, concerned about the magnification.  I hope it's not as prevalent when I mount it as it was when I held it sans rifle.  I want to love it!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]

I found that the Butler Creek Blizzard (clear caps) number 4 fits the front lens perfectly.  I like that it keeps the dust off while sitting on my rack, and if it get's muddy during field use, I can flip it open for instant clear.  I debated on getting a clear yellow cover to have different viewing options, but ultimately decided on just clear.  In certain lighting conditions, the clear cap will reflect your eye like a mirror, like looking out of a window pane at night.  But "flip" and it's a non-issue (if it ever was one).

On a side note, the front lens is supposed to be off-set.  So don't be alarmed when you see it looking out of wack (see bellow picture). Trijicon literature confirms that this offset is more pronounced on the MROs.

Did you know that Butler Creek also has ARDs that will fit inside their caps?  Neat, but a bit wonky on a 1x RDS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm entering late but I have laser corrected vision. Something insane like 20/10 if that exists.  I'm 41 and my vision is better than anyone I know by a long shot.  All that said, I ordered an MRO from Larue and am still waiting for it.  I had the chance to handle one today at my local shop and wow there was magnification!  And a reddish tint.  I can live with the tint - I got used to the blue/green tint on my cheap PA.  I am, however, concerned about the magnification.  I hope it's not as prevalent when I mount it as it was when I held it sans rifle.  I want to love it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interesting. I'm 32, With perfect vision. my father who's 65 has had lasiks. He likes the dot on my mro a lot but does say he notices some dot blur but that's down to his eyes. So maybe lasiks does something idk. I'd be curious what more people who have to perfect version (uncorrected) see.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
do you guys have more blue tint on the right side/edge of the optic?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't really notice any difference as far as anything being uneven.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dammit...
emailing trjiicon...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Here the tint on mine. I don't think its intense/distracting to my view. The color is uniform.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here the tint on mine. I don't think its intense/distracting to my view. The color is uniform.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/jbeanzboy/20160428_145920_zpsiv30bgyf.jpg
View Quote

This is what I'm dealing with.
Somehow I didn't notice it until meow:

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/IhbX628.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LkLoeQU.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/jbeanzboy/20160428_145920_zpsiv30bgyf.jpg

Looks like that coating pooled to one side. Maybe its disbonding from the glass. Either way, Trijicon needa get a handle on the QA.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, those photos make it very clear -- there's most definitely a problem with that coating.

And yes, Trijicon definitely needs to get a handle on the QA.  Not sure how you let something like that get out the door?  Although, I'm sure they'll take care of it -- but still.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just stated he saw significant blue tint?  Did you miss the whole 2nd paragraph?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He just stated he saw significant blue tint?  Did you miss the whole 2nd paragraph?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And did you miss the part where he clearly states everyone he knows who's shot it was impressed? Hence my whole point. Most people who actually mount them up and use them like them. People walking around their house or looking through glass isn't a good example
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Arms unlimited has it onsale for $499 shipped with the standard LaRue qd mount. Good deal
View Quote

Not bad.  $504 shipping included from Larue directly.  Wait time on it is currently about three weeks.  I ordered mine on 4/9 and it shipped this evening, label just created.  Nice to buy from them I guess, maybe I'll get a Dillo!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Not bad.  $504 shipping included from Larue directly.  Wait time on it is currently about three weeks.  I ordered mine on 4/9 and it shipped this evening, label just created.  Nice to buy from them I guess, maybe I'll get a Dillo!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arms unlimited has it onsale for $499 shipped with the standard LaRue qd mount. Good deal

Idk if you're dead set on QD mount; but Kygunco sells them with no mount for $393. You can find a lighter mount option than the factory one for cheap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a522/MikeWesner/DSC_9533_zps5feuslt2.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a522/MikeWesner/DSC_9539_zpsyoh0oewm.jpg

I don't have any pics/video of me shooting it yet, but so far I love it.  I don't have experience with other red dots really, so I am not a great reviewer, but the MRO didn't hurt to look through with both eyes open and I didn't so much notice the glare at the range.  It's more of an indoor issue it seems.

I do like it mounted back a little more.  Takes advantage of the FOV.   Mine is in the 20K serial range on an American Defense lower 1/3 mount.  Great mount.
View Quote

Does your ADM mount's lever have a teeeeeny tiny bit of play in the locked position even when tightened down?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine was $400 out the door without a mount from my FFL.
Aimpoint magnifier was $515
Larue mounts were ordered off their website for advertised price

I sent it back due to the dot being a dot un-magnified, but more of a slash with the magnifier.  I just got it back today and don't really notice much of a difference.  The paperwork doesn't have any information other than 'warranty replacement' even though I'm pretty sure it's the same unit I sent to them; the serial number is the same.

With my cheap 1.5 mag wal-mart reading glasses the slash becomes more of  dot again.  I have a very mild astigmatism, the lowest measurable the last time I went in, so that may have something to do with it.  My wife is in the eye business and she thinks it might be the location of my astigmatism having more impact than the degree.

EDIT to add: I want to stress that without the magnifier the dot is a perfect dot.

I do not see any glare of any color inside the house with lights on (bright or dim) and various angles with the magnifier.  None.  Without the magnifier I have to try VERY hard to make some (red) glare appear, and even then it's so slight as to be of no effect.  It's pretty overcast here today so I cannot try it in the sunlight yet.

Overall I'm very pleased.  I will call Trijicon and ask what if anything, they did, and if the dot should be more focused than it is with the magnifier behind it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Mine was $400 out the door without a mount from my FFL.

Aimpoint magnifier was $515

Larue mounts were ordered off their website for advertised price

I sent it back due to the dot being a dot un-magnified, but more of a slash with the magnifier.  I just got it back today and don't really notice much of a difference.  The paperwork doesn't have any information other than 'warranty replacement' even though I'm pretty sure it's the same unit I sent to them; the serial number is the same.

With my cheap 1.5 mag wal-mart reading glasses the slash becomes more of  dot again.  I have a very mild astigmatism, the lowest measurable the last time I went in, so that may have something to do with it.  My wife is in the eye business and she thinks it might be the location of my astigmatism having more impact than the degree.

EDIT to add: I want to stress that without the magnifier the dot is a perfect dot.

I do not see any glare of any color inside the house with lights on (bright or dim) and various angles with the magnifier.  None.  Without the magnifier I have to try VERY hard to make some (red) glare appear, and even then it's so slight as to be of no effect.  It's pretty overcast here today so I cannot try it in the sunlight yet.

Overall I'm very pleased.  I will call Trijicon and ask what if anything, they did, and if the dot should be more focused than it is with the magnifier behind it.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/0e795274-2ba7-4d21-b5a0-58bdaca73894.png
View Quote

I see with the magnifier you're still not having a clear dot. Have you thought about trying a different one?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted: I see with the magnifier you're still not having a clear dot. Have you thought about trying a different one?
View Quote

lol I got a lot of money in that one.

I want to get another eyeball behind the glass.  I'll find a young guy with better vision to make sure before I call Trij.  

It isn't bad, it just isn't a sharp dot.  That may be due to the nature of the angled glass and the way it has to be built.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I want to get another eyeball behind the glass.  I'll find a young guy with better vision to make sure before I call Trij.  

It isn't bad, it just isn't a sharp dot.  That may be due to the nature of the angled glass and the way it has to be built.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted: I see with the magnifier you're still not having a clear dot. Have you thought about trying a different one?

It actually think the angle of the MRO glass improves the dot with a magnifier... the issue with T-1 combined with a magnifier was the glass angle. Light/angles does a bunch of "science" stuff and Jacks with the dot form.... I don't think the issue is the RDS. It may be your eye and/or possibly the magnifier. It is a wise choice to get someone else behind it first.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually ordered my whole package through LaRue. I was just trying to help members save a few bucks. Arms unlimited actually has it for $493 shipped currently with the standard LaRue qd mount.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

FWIW I had the same problem with a EoTech G33 magnifier distorting the dot.  I wasn't the only one who noticed it either.  Without the magnifier the dot is fine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FWIW I had the same problem with a EoTech G33 magnifier distorting the dot.  I wasn't the only one who noticed it either.  Without the magnifier the dot is fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems the Samson functions really well with the mro.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Samson is alot cheaper than Eotech and Aimpoint. It's definitely clearer than the G33. the larger lenses help bring more light in, keeping the dot circular. The lenses in both the Samson magnifier and the MRO seem to match the best.

I can take more pics of the dot through the Samson, if you guys want.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#38]
We love pics!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Something I thought about yesterday at the range...
A lot of people seem bothered by and will not use the MRO do to the slight magnification. Well those people will be screwed if they ever try a 1X4 or 1X6 variable like the ones so popular in three gun comp.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A lot of people seem bothered by and will not use the MRO do to the slight magnification. Well those people will be screwed if they ever try a 1X4 or 1X6 variable like the ones so popular in three gun comp.
View Quote

Well people wouldnt be buying a red dot if they wanted a 1x4 or 1x6 so your observation isnt very relevant.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

We love pics!
View Quote

Samson 3.5x

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#42]
What did you use for pics? Came out pretty good
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What did you use for pics? Came out pretty good
View Quote

Galaxy S6 Active and a stack of sweaters lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well people wouldnt be buying a red dot if they wanted a 1x4 or 1x6 so your observation isnt very relevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may prevent someone from making a purchase and loosing money on something that can't use. Thinking it would be a better option.

Or maybe there's a 50 page thread on how they aren't a true 1x or something and I should have posted there???
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It may prevent someone from making a purchase and loosing money on something that can't use. Thinking it would be a better option.

Or maybe there's a 50 page thread on how they aren't a true 1x or something and I should have posted there???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think some of the 1-X scopes aren't truly 1x on the low end, but the high quality ones are.  In my opinion, I am OK with a variable that isn't absolutely 1x on the low end because of what you gain with the available magnification--it's an acceptable trade off.  If I was only going to use a 1-x variable scope on 1x, then yes, I'd want it to be an absolute 1x.  If I was buying an RDS for the sole purpose of quick, both eyes open up close shooting, it would annoy me if the RDS wasn't a true 1x.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I think some of the 1-X scopes aren't truly 1x on the low end, but the high quality ones are.  In my opinion, I am OK with a variable that isn't absolutely 1x on the low end because of what you gain with the available magnification--it's an acceptable trade off.  If I was only going to use a 1-x variable scope on 1x, then yes, I'd want it to be an absolute 1x.  If I was buying an RDS for the sole purpose of quick, both eyes open up close shooting, it would annoy me if the RDS wasn't a true 1x.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Magnification of lenses depends on the curvature of the glass. Its usually so miniscule that the magnification goes in noticed. Unless the lens is completely flat, it will have some magnification... I didn't ping to the magnification of the MRO until reading forum threads. It didn't bother me at all. Even now, once I'm shooting I forget about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Magnification of lenses depends on the curvature of the glass. Its usually so miniscule that the magnification goes in noticed. Unless the lens is completely flat, it will have some magnification... I didn't ping to the magnification of the MRO until reading forum threads. It didn't bother me at all. Even now, once I'm shooting I forget about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's given multiple people a headache
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same issue with the G33.  I was shooting the MRO with it as well as a T2 the other day.  No issues with distortion using the G33 and T2.  I got a little distortion with the G33 and the MRO.  Other than that I don't have any issues with the optic so far.  I will see if I can get some picts of it. .

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Does your ADM mount's lever have a teeeeeny tiny bit of play in the locked position even when tightened down?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a522/MikeWesner/DSC_9533_zps5feuslt2.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a522/MikeWesner/DSC_9539_zpsyoh0oewm.jpg

No, It seems very solid.  I used lock tite on the small screws, put those in pretty well.. then adjusted my clamp so that I have to push fairly hard to close the clamp.  Its locked on very well.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#50]
I just checked one out yesterday at my LGS.  I like it.  I noticed the red glare, but only when looking at it off axis.  The blue tint wasn't very noticeable to me; certainly nothing that would bother me.  I didn't notice any magnification or fish eye issues when panning around the store with both eyes open, but I am cross eye dominant so my right eye only picks up the dot.  I could probably cover the front completely and not see a noticeable difference.

What is the best price on the MRO currently?  I need the low mount (going on a CZ Scorpion).  The best that I can find is Amazon ($455 no mount plus $43 for low mount).
Page / 30
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top