Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 3:55:01 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to buy a TA02 on the secondary market (TA02s are the only ACOG legal where I live, no tritium...).
I'm careful about fakes so I asked the seller the serial # to check it. Seller says there is any on TA02, and that it was only on the box he doesn't have anymore...

Red light on.

Question is: Do TA02s have a serial # somewhere? Could owners check that for me please? Already asked Trijicon but I guess I could have faster replies here.

Thanks for your help,
E.B.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they do have serial numbers etched into both parts of the housing, just behind the top turret.  You can see them clearly from a top down view, so it's either a fake or the seller is blind.  Would not buy.

ETA: As they are engraved pretty deeply in both parts of the housing (same location as other ACOG models, BTW), the serial numbers are still visible even when painted, so don't accept any argument that the serial numbers are simply covered.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick reply.
Trijicon site says ALL Acogs have a serial # so I had to clarify that.
I won't buy, thanks again for your help.

Greetings from France,

E.B.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem - glad you dodged that bullet!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top