Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:20:54 PM EDT
Anyone used this optic. I can't find a solid review. Feel free to throw out a review and a pic of it mounted on your rifle if you have it. If it's a true both eyes open 1x  I might pick one up for my scar 17s.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
While a novel concept with the Pitbull 1-4x and now 1-6x, the excessive weight and the fact that it is made by IOR (very poor quality track record) killed it in the mainstream serious shooting community.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]
21 oz isn't that bad for a 1-6x when compared to the Vortex Razor. That reticle is busy as hell.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While a novel concept with the Pitbull 1-4x and now 1-6x, the excessive weight and the fact that it is made by IOR (very poor quality track record) killed it in the mainstream serious shooting community.
View Quote

I was aware that in the past ior had some issues but nowadays I wasn't sure. I have a friend w/ the 1.5-8  trident and he seems to like it. While I'm not expecting the pitbull 2 to be a leupold mark 6 1-6x20 (which is what I will most likely choose at the end of my search)  I'm hoping maybe the ior has some upside to it and would be interested in a review.

Edit: Also the pitbull 1 and 2 are not 1-4 or 1-6 but rather 1 and 4, 1 and 6 power. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their track record has been mixed, but the last few years they've really seemed to have straightened out. I have a 3.5-18x50 I got a few years ago from their 'trouble-free' generation that is pretty awesome, and have others say the same of their latest offerings.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Their track record has been mixed, but the last few years they've really seemed to have straightened out. I have a 3.5-18x50 I got a few years ago from their 'trouble-free' generation that is pretty awesome, and have others say the same of their latest offerings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the 6-24x56mm ,got it last year. Did large box tests, tall target test to 19mils, endlessly cranked the knobs and it always returns dead nuts. Used it in rain, cold and heat. I only have about 1700 rounds through it but I am happy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have the 6-24x56mm ,got it last year. Did large box tests, tall target test to 19mils, endlessly cranked the knobs and it always returns dead nuts. Used it in rain, cold and heat. I only have about 1700 rounds through it but I am happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I first got mine I cranked my knobs all over the place. It's always tracked perfect. From what I understand prior to about 2008ish they had been a little spotty. Mine has had a superb image, perfect tracking, great reticle, nice digital illumination. Only complaint is the finish scuffs easily and it's on the heavy side.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top