Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 1:32:58 AM EDT
are you using a quick release ACOG mount and will it repeat zero out to 200yds? if so, what brand are you using?

i'm finding the factory trijicon thumb nut mounts will not repeat zero went i remove the scope.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
LaRue
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LaRue
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LaRue
View Quote

Buy once ... Cry once

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Larue, Bobro,GDI, ADM,all good to go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
TA31 and TA11 both in Bobro.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
LaRue or Bobro
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
so you guys are removing your scope and can repeat zero with these mounts?

what makes the trijicon ta51 so sloppy? i would expect it to do better provided i did my part in pushing forward when tightening but it doesnt.

i live in tucson and GGG is just across town which makes their mount easy to get. anyone heard good or bad things about their acog mount?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

what makes the trijicon ta51 so sloppy? i would expect it to do better provided i did my part in pushing forward when tightening but it doesnt.

i live in tucson and GGG is just across town which makes their mount easy to get. anyone heard good or bad things about their acog mount?
View Quote

you likely arent applying the exact pressure/torque that was on when you took it off
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my Larue RCO mount.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

you likely arent applying the exact pressure/torque that was on when you took it off
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah ha.....that makes sense. thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
ADM on my TA31F and TA33.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LaRue
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Bobro

Hey op, do you dare to add a poll lol
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LaRue
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Larue. ESPECIALLY for the TA33, but that's just my OCD when it comes to the ADM mount.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7663/img0643yl6.jpg
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bobro

Hey op, do you dare to add a poll lol
View Quote

I'll second this. Bobro, Larue, ADM, GDI, and GG&G all make great stuff.  What you're going to find is that a lot of people are very personally invested in their mount choice, and feelings seem to come into play in these discussions. No doubt any will serve you well. I have used them all, and currently have Larue, Bobro, and GDI. I prefer the Bobro because there's nothing to adjust, nothing to loosen, and it absolutely always returns to zero. I have full confidence I can take my Bobro mount off/on of my Mk.12ish and it will hit at range with precision every time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
i have little brand loyalty, just want it to be functional.

since GGG was 10 miles from me, i popped in a bought an accucam. i asked him what was up with the TA51 mounts being so sloppy and he confirmed what was said above, the delron they use in the thumb nuts doesnt allow for consistent lateral tension.

my only gripe with larue products is that his cams dig into the receiver and i'm not a big fan of that.

thanks for all the input. off to the desert to shoot.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

since GGG was 10 miles from me, i popped in a bought an accucam. i asked him what was up with the TA51 mounts being so sloppy and he confirmed what was said above, the delron they use in the thumb nuts doesnt allow for consistent lateral tension.

my only gripe with larue products is that his cams dig into the receiver and i'm not a big fan of that.

View Quote
if you summon ML he will vehemently defend against your allegations; regardless, I concur with you. I don't "dig" it. As much distaste as I have for Larue I can certainly respect him for what he does for our troops. That's all I have to say about that

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I own, LaRue, GG&G, and Bobro mounts. I've owned my LaRue mount the longest (over 5 years) and have removed and reinstalled it hundreds of times. It has never dug into my upper receiver.

Having said that, I doubt I'll own another one. Not because his products are inferior. It's because of his childish attitude on this board.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Bobro, because there is nothing to adjust and it is rock solid.

Larues are great, especially with the vertical split rings that don't allow the scope to turn while mounting, but I find that unless you follow Todd Hodnetts advise from the precision rifle video (tighten to where they are just barely removable by hand), they move under recoil for whatever reason.  The instructions saying adjust so they start to friction up at 45 IMHO is not tight enough.

I've put witness marks on mounts/receivers and bobros simply stay put, and come off with ease when you need it to.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
i own mostly Larue for my optics and lights, and one ADM mount. I am partial to Larue, but the ADM mount is gtg
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a dozen high end optics mounted on several rifles.

They are split 50/50 between Larue and ADM.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I am going to try one of the newly released Midwest Industries mounts, just because.

Otherwise, I have a mix of mounts that I have bought over the years and have not had issues.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Bobro.
The larue mount is slightly lower than bobro or the factory mount if that matters
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I recently acquired my first Bobro mount and I am blown away by how nice it is. All my future mounts will be Bobro.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
This may matter a bit to those that find the 1.5" 4X32 ACOGs hard to use.  The LT mount can be mounted closer to the backup sight than Bobro's.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
       if you summon ML   he will vehemently defend against your allegations; regardless, I concur with you. I don't "dig" it. As much distaste as I have for Larue I can certainly respect him for what he does for our troops. That's all I have to say about that  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you summon ML   he will vehemently defend against your allegations; regardless, I concur with you. I don't "dig" it. As much distaste as I have for Larue I can certainly respect him for what he does for our troops. That's all I have to say about that  

thanks but no thanks! i dont need that debate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I own, LaRue, GG&G, and Bobro mounts. I've owned my LaRue mount the longest (over 5 years) and have removed and reinstalled it hundreds of times. It has never dug into my upper receiver.

Having said that, I doubt I'll own another one. Not because his products are inferior. It's because of his childish attitude on this board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i know what you are saying about the larue not really hurting the uppers but its just a technical thing for me and i agree with the last part too.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Bobro are better than ANY Larue. That's just a fact. Bobro doesn't require ANY adjustment from weapon to weapon or from one  pircatinny mount to another picatinny mount. Bobro mounts auto-adjust without a tool or anything at all. It's just a FACT.

I have had MANY issues with swapping my Larue mounts including a Larue FUG from one weapon to another. People say dumb shit like, "your picatinny rails are out of spec" but that's BS! Are they saying that Mega Arms & Larue rails have that much of a difference? that's BS! If it isn't BS then I personally would prefer a mount that is not that finicky (or non-compatible).

I have sold all of my Larue mounts and have replaced them with Bobro mounts because Bobro mounts can be swapped reliably from one weapon (or rail) to another without manual tool adjustment, and without re-zeroing, reliably. Bobro is the way to go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I am shocked that he hasn't visited this thread at least once.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bobro are better than ANY Larue. That's just a fact. Bobro doesn't require ANY adjustment from weapon to weapon or from one  pircatinny mount to another picatinny mount. Bobro mounts auto-adjust without a tool or anything at all. It's just a FACT.

I have had MANY issues with swapping my Larue mounts including a Larue FUG from one weapon to another. People say dumb shit like, "your picatinny rails are out of spec" but that's BS! Are they saying that Mega Arms & Larue rails have that much of a difference? that's BS! If it isn't BS then I personally would prefer a mount that is not that finicky (or non-compatible).

I have sold all of my Larue mounts and have replaced them with Bobro mounts because Bobro mounts can be swapped reliably from one weapon (or rail) to another without manual tool adjustment, and without re-zeroing, reliably. Bobro is the way to go.
View Quote

+1, their user-adjustment system (or more precisely, lack thereof) is hard to beat. No screws, nothing to work loose, just absolute repeatable return to zero with a simple release of a lever. Larue is good, Bobro is great, both are probably good enough.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I have the GDI r-com mount and it has been great for holding zero. I've taken it off at least a half dozen times in the last couple days and when I shot yesterday it was still on point.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zero the ACOG with the TA51 and then make witness marks on the knobs.  When you remove and reattach, torque until the witness marks are lined up again,  that will help mitigate any issues with zero shift.

I use Larue mounts and before that ARMS.  Both will reliably repeat zero to the point that I can shoot a five shot group removing and reattaching the ACOG n each shot and you won't be able to tell the difference between a regular five shot group.

Haven't used any of the other mounts mentioned in this thread because I've never had any issues with the Larue, it is doing everything I want the mount to do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have the GDI r-com mount and it has been great for holding zero. I've taken it off at least a half dozen times in the last couple days and when I shot yesterday it was still on point.<a href="http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/SinjinSix/media/11806917_1081686191859438_1605827744_o_zps5lomrlch.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s659/SinjinSix/11806917_1081686191859438_1605827744_o_zps5lomrlch.jpg</a>
View Quote

GDI mounts are awesome. I believe (flame suit on) they have the least zero shift, though all makers likely have low enough shift that only professional shooters would ever notice. Don't they advertise like .01 MOA shift? That's insane! I still prefer Bobro for all around flexibility and simplicity, but highly respect GDI for their literally almost perfect RTZ.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100%
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am shocked that he hasn't visited this thread at least once.
View Quote

"Visit" isn't exactly the best way to describe it...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

+100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+100%

True story, I won't argue he doesn't make some good stuff. His mounts work well enough (though not my preference), and his barrels are certainly in the top tier in accuracy. I'd dare say they'll outshoot the majority of their shooters from a bench. But I've seen him say so many things that make me really second guess if I want to send him my money, especially given there are so many class acts in the industry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Back when I had a TA11, my Larue did a great job of returning to zero.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I went with the ADM-B3-HD. It has 2 locking levers and the return to zero has been spot-on.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I have an ADM mount on my AR10. I believe it is the Recon cantilever with two locking levers. The ADM oozes quality. My only gripe with ADM are the hex screws or whatever you call them on the opposite side of the levers. One locking lever is just right and the other is slightly (very slightly) loose. It returns to zero sufficiantly enough, as I rarely remove it.

I fo'd on a Bobro for my Ta31. I picked it up 2nd hand in the EE for $90 shipped. There are no adjustments, and it returns me to zero within very reasonable measurements. If I could do it all again I wouldve got the Bobro for my AR10 as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Bobro.
Nothing else even comes close to it in RTZ and destructive testing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top