Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/6/2015 1:38:46 PM EDT
What can you tell me about the Burris AR-536 5X 36MM Prism Sight? I'm planning to buy an optic of some form for my AR, I realistically see myself shooting at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to bump this, because I'm considering this sight myself. I looked at one yesterday at Outpost Armory (Ronnie Barrett's place) and they had a great deal on it. It seems to be light enough (I have a GII Lite Hunter with nothing added except Troy back up sights and a steel gas block to mount the front sight) to fit in with my light rifle plan, and seems to have good clarity, as well as reasonable adjustability. I do not need a mega buck sight for this rifle, it is not s long range sniper rifle, just a good solid rifle that can serve as a medium range semi auto target rifle, a medium range hunting rifle, and an MBR. Are there any known problems or real shortcomings concerning the Burris AR-536? Is there something better in the under $500 price range that offers light weight, a 1 MOA or smaller dot, and decent function as a close range red dot sight and a medium range optic?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the primary arms versions
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. It's quit good for what it's. Good resolution and decent contrast, daylight visible illumination.

Not as bright as my ELCAN nor has the field of view but it's 1/3 the price.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Primary Arms.  I like the reticles better- especially the 2.5x.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Agreed with others have said about the PA reticle being better than Burris, however, at 300 yds or less, a dot is a dot (when zero at 200 or 250 yds) and you don't need all the other BDC markings so if you like the Burris, get it.  I have the 1x and 3x versions and they all serve the purpose just fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another vote for Primary Arms.  I like the reticles better- especially the 2.5x.
View Quote

The 2.5x is an extremely under-appreciated optic that belongs on many budget ARs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top