Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2015 6:45:11 PM EDT
I have one on the way and would like to get a QD mount. Going to mount this on a KAC SR-15 with SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bobro, nothing to adjust, absolutely repeatable POI, superb machining. Everything else is great, but secondary as far as I'm concerned, and I've used pretty much all of them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Bobro
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
When LaRue is an option

LaRue is the answer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they all equal in terms of optic height and position?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When LaRue is an option

LaRue is the answer.
View Quote

This times 10
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
ADM mounts are fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I use ADM on my TA31 and TA33.  No regrets.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
ADM. You'll regret spending money on the Larue when you see him post around here.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#10]
ADM is on my shit list for shamelessly copying Battle Arms selectors, I will not buy anything made by them.

That aside, I like my LaRue mounts.  I have a Bobro mount as well, I just like my LT mounts better.  Of the five 4x32 ACOGs I have, four of them have LT mounts.  LT mount can be mounted almost right next to the BUIS, whereas the Bobros has to be mounted slightly ahead.  For a short eye relief scope, it's important to some.

The auto adjustment feature of the Bobro is cool, but in my opinion, is kind of lost on a scope mount, as few move the scope from one rifle to another.  It's handy for things that do get moved around, like flashlight and bipod, no need to adjust the mount from one to another.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ADM. You'll regret spending money on the Larue when you see him post around here.  
View Quote

I'd like to keep this a technical discussion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My mistake

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
LaRue
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ADM is on my shit list for shamelessly copying Battle Arms selectors, I will not buy anything made by them.

That aside, I like my LaRue mounts.  I have a Bobro mount as well, I just like my LT mounts better.  Of the five 4x32 ACOGs I have, four of them have LT mounts.  LT mount can be mounted almost right next to the BUIS, whereas the Bobros has to be mounted slightly ahead.  For a short eye relief scope, it's important to some.

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/eyerelieve.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/eyerelieve.jpg</a>

The auto adjustment feature of the Bobro is cool, but in my opinion, is kind of lost on a scope mount, as few move the scope from one rifle to another.  It's handy for things that do get moved around, like flashlight and bipod, no need to adjust the mount from one to another.
View Quote

Awesome picture. Is that the LT100 or LT681?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Any issues with the RCO mount only having one lever?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#18]
If I wanted "the best," I'd get a larue.

The ACOG mounts they sell aren't even that expensive.  ~$100.....which is CHEAP for what you are buying.

I've been very happy with my EOtech riser.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been looking at these mounts as well. Does anyone have any first hand negative experience with any of these? I know the big players have their fanboys but i'd like to hear from personal experiences. And is there any height difference between all the options? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I did a comparison review of these two mounts years ago, here are the pics.

Lateral protrusions of the two are similar, Bobros appears to stick out further but that's not the case.

LT mount has a taller U shaped "seat" for the ACOG than the Bobro.  In use, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Underside of both mounts

There's one very minor gripe I have for the Bobro mount.  When pressing the lever lock to allow the lever to swing open, the lever is spring loaded and slaps the crap out of your finger or knuckle unless you "walk" it open

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm currently in the market as well for an TA33 mount.  Bobro offers different height mounts, correct?  The Larue mount on my TA11 could stand to be a little lower.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I've only used Larue.

Had an LT100, have an LT681 now.  Both are great mounts.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I have the Bobro. No regrets.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#24]
My LaRue mount is so damn nice compared to the stock TA51 mount, or whatever it's called.

Get the LaRue.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I use Larue mounts for everything.

ACOG
Aimpoint
Leupold
Surefire
Harris

I like the way they clamp.  But have heard good things about the Bobro.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Think I've decided on the Larue RCO mount. Being that it's made specifically for this ACOG, and gives the most mounting options. It doesn't hurt that they did their return to zero test with this very same mount. I like the relief cuts on the rear of the mount also, it makes it look a little sleeker and probably cuts a tiny bit of weight too.

The other options like Bobro and ADM seem like solid choices also, I think I'd probably be happy with any of them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#27]
If you have a fixed stock, the RCO mount makes sense.  For a carbine with telescopic stock, simply collapse the stock all the way and you'll get the 1.5" eye relief, and without losing the BUIS.

If you have a BUIS, you can still use the RCO mount, then there's no point in getting the RCO mount, it's meant to be mounted all the way back on a receiver sans the rear sight.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bobro, nothing to adjust, absolutely repeatable POI, superb machining. Everything else is great, but secondary as far as I'm concerned, and I've used pretty much all of them.
View Quote

First post etc etc etc.

I have them on both of mine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#29]
LaRue RCO mount.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you have a fixed stock, the RCO mount makes sense.  For a carbine with telescopic stock, simply collapse the stock all the way and you'll get the 1.5" eye relief, and without losing the BUIS.

If you have a BUIS, you can still use the RCO mount, then there's no point in getting the RCO mount, it's meant to be mounted all the way back on a receiver sans the rear sight.
View Quote

The point for me is only one lever. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I like the GG&G QD mount. Single lever. Easy to grab to remove quickly but not likely to snag. It also sits further back than some and will fit between the KAC 300 m BUIS and KAC RAS II hump with a more rearward location than any other I tried.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I guess I'll be the weirdo and say GDI R-COM E Model. For $50, I'm ecstatic about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I guess I'll be the weirdo and say GDI R-COM E Model. For $50, I'm ecstatic about it.
View Quote

Where can you find this for $50?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Right, that's something I hadn't thought about.

With the single lever ARMS mount that used to be on my ACOGs, they got loose and would move without a lot of pressure.  Their 19LD mount that came with the TA31ECOS (probably TA01ECOS too) had two levers and didn't unduly move.

With a LaRue mount, single or dual lever, it probably makes little difference

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine has been rock solid.

Initial setup:

When I realized the collapsible stock made that arrangement a little unnecessary, I switched things around.  

Current setup:

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#37]
LT100.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tactical Assault Gear but their site is down, currently.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#39]
The LaRue RCO mount is my favorite.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LT100.
View Quote

/\ this
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

/\ this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LT100.

/\ this

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if your a thin skinned pussy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#43]

I have an extra LT100 mount. Bought it for my Tavor. Turns out Tavors and Larue mounts don't play well together.

Let me know if you are interested.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I have the ADM, Larue ,GDI ,and Bobro (Trijicon marked) currently i am using the ADM and the GDI on different rifles  i like the design better
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back when our nephew was in the Marine Corp and needed a mount for the Aimpoint Micro we got him for his Saw....
Mark and his crew figured out which mount would work the best on the SAW ...they procured a SAW and then made
sure they had the right mount for it....then they sent it to him in Okinawa....all on their dime and their time....

This was not the first time LaRue has gone out of the way for the servicemen in our family...head similar stories from other folks
trying to get gear to their kinfolk in harness...

I might not always agree with what he says....but his actions are what really count in my book.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I've only ever used Larue as well, but I have heard good things about these mounts, although very expensive.  Anyone have experience with these?

https://www.gdiengineering.com/store/products.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top