Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:04:17 PM EDT
Hi all. I've learned plenty from you folks and for that I thank you. Here's my question. I've currently got my P223 scope mounted on the top rail. However, I'd like to be able to use the iron sights as well, and don't want offsets. I've seen risers sold which say that you can use your BUIS if you install a riser. Before I go ahead and order one, I wanted to verify that this is doable.

Also, do I need a low, medium, or high riser? Thanks in advance. Tried to use the search, but it doesn't seem to work for me, and Google had too many unrelated threads. TIA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't use BUIS through a magnified optic.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
what he said, unless you mean something so high that the scope is above the irons, which would be unnatural.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The rear BUIS will be under the tube. You can't mount the scope forward due to eye relief issues and you wouldn't want to anyway. Putting a riser on it will lead to a chin weld (like putting a scope on a carry handle mount) which will be a pain to use and look goofy.

I suggest you get a one piece scope mount that you can take on and off either a quick detach like Larue or a bolt on like the PEPR or SSALT mount (less money). Magpul pro offsets are the same price as regular magpul pro sights FYI
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted the same.  I ended up with a larue qd mount and a carry handle.  I swap them back and fourth and there is no resighting necessary. I love shooting my 20" with irons but I also use it for poking holes in things far away so the scope is a necessity
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top