Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
Just finished a 300 blackout upper that'll be a suppressed sbr as soon as my stamps are approved.

It's an 8.5" noveske barrel. I'm contemplating optic choices. My current plan is to use open sights for subsonic ammo. I will use an extra TA-33 that I have for supers for longer distance shooting.

I wouldn't mind getting a 1-4 scope for double duty but just don't know if I want to spend the money.

Thoughts? What would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were running that set-up I'd be using an RDS or HWS.  Both being good for engagements up to 300 meters.  For an SBR I wouldn't even consider an LPVO (that would depend on your POU). If you don't want to spend the money I'd be looking at offerings from Vortex, Burris or Primary Arms as they seem to have a solid reputation for producing good budget optics.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
get an aimpoint pro and a good set of buis . sight the aimpoint in for super-sonic then use the flip up buis for sub-sonic.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm currently building a SBR. I plan on getting a PA Red dot to use mostly. Then I am going to add a PA magnifier for shots a little longer out. Both are around $70 each.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Leupold mark 4 Blackout. It's perfect but spendy. I would happily buy it again though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm currently building a SBR. I plan on getting a PA Red dot to use mostly. Then I am going to add a PA magnifier for shots a little longer out. Both are around $70 each.
View Quote

PA?

eta: Doh!  Of course, Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a bushnell btr-1 1x4 That I really like.  It can almost double as a red dot.  they are 200 on ebay.  Its a nice scope but it is a bit heavy.

Quoted:
Just finished a 300 blackout upper that'll be a suppressed sbr as soon as my stamps are approved.

It's an 8.5" noveske barrel. I'm contemplating optic choices. My current plan is to use open sights for subsonic ammo. I will use an extra TA-33 that I have for supers for longer distance shooting.

I wouldn't mind getting a 1-4 scope for double duty but just don't know if I want to spend the money.

Thoughts? What would you guys recommend?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, sorry. Primary Arms. The red dot will be this: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_30mm_Red_Dot_GEN_II_p/pa30mmrdgenii.htm
And the magnifier will be this: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Red_Dot_Magnifier_GEN_III_p/pa3xgeniii.htm
The magnifier will be on a flip to the side mount.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What distance are you going to be shooting at?

How much $ do you want to spend?

Is close-in more important, or medium range?

1)  If you are going to be shooting primarily 50-100m, PA has a 2.5x prism scope with ACSS that's supposed to be good, and pretty durable.  It's not variable, but it's also $220ish with the mount.

2)  If your budget is more ~$1000, then I'd be looking at a mid-range vortex in a LaRue mount.

3)  If close-in is important, I'd be going with a red-dot/eotech type of thing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple 300 BLK uppers.

On my beater ACC 9", I use an Aimpoint Comp4, which was the first red dot I ever bought years ago.  I primarily only shoot Freedom Munitions Reman bi-metal subs through the ACC Upper because I don't want to shoot that crap through my KAC uppers.

On my KAC uppers I use Eotech EXP3 or an Aimpoint T1 in a KAC mount with no riser.  the T1 in KAC mount with no riser is perfect for me shooting out to 200.  

If you were going to shoot further, maybe one of those new Trij Accupoints would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with an aimpoint h1. Thanks for the responses.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top