Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 2:14:56 PM EDT
I emailed Primary Arms. But they are out of the office until Tuesday.

Has anybody used one? Worth bothering with?

Do they have a model that screws directly to the Acog RMR mount. Considering one to use in conjunction with a TA01NSN.

Thanks for any insight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  I like it a lot.  I started with the light sensing one. The light sensor did not work well. PA upgraded me to the push button. It's much better. It's a pain to sight in, but once you get it you're good. They're really small and light and very easy to sight through. I like them way better than tube red dots.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the review cttb.

Primary Arms messaged me back. Apparently these are compatible with the Burris Fastfire mounts, not Trijicon RMR mounts.

So now to find a Fastfire mount compatible with a TA01NSN. All I have found are no longer available.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they'd make a riser for it, so you could run it as a primary optic. I have a light weight I'd love to try it on.
View Quote

I found a few nice mounts for what you are talking about. I have been Googling for the past two days.

I am at work now and can't,  but when I get home tonight I will post them up here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
5 moa dot
Pass...
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

5 moa dot

Pass...
View Quote

It's a 2 MOA dot on the model the OP is referring to.

I have one on a 5.56 AK and like it fine.  Perfect for plinking/range use, and that's what I use it for.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Burris Fast Fire 3 on my Turkey shotgun for one reason, you do not have to remove the sight in order to change the battery like you do with the PA site.  That was a deal breaker for me.  Every time you change the battery you'd have to check your zero.  You stay zeroed with the FF3.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep 2 moa dot
I want one for a light wt 10/22 I got hanging around
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I know they make a riser for the fastfire and apparently the two are compatible, i believe its by american defense but i saw it on youtube
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep 2 moa dot
I want one for a light wt 10/22 I got hanging around
View Quote

Which model has the 2moa? I thought the 3.5 moa was the smallest.

Never mind, i was thinking of the fastfire III.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Finally found this mount. Will post how it works out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't shot it yet. Don't want to re-zero everything when the Larue mount comes in. So hopefully my mount will be here middle of next week and I can get everything set.

Initial observations are good. I can't compare perceived build quality as I have never held any other micro reflex sight. The dot is crisp and clear on all three settings. I took it outside and the brightest setting is perfect for direct sunlight and did not wash out against anything that I tried aiming at.  The lowest setting is perfect for low light/dark (tried indoors). And mind you this is with it sitting a couple inches from my eye on the Acog.

This seems like it will be a good setup for my Tavor. This is my HD rifle. So if the micro works out for me it will probably be replaced with a Docter or RMR.

I know this Acog is set up to use a 100 yard zero so the bullet drop marks will work. But here is my thinking. I rarely shoot over a 100 yards with this. I am thinking about using the 36 yard zero for the Acog and probably a 20 yard zero for the reflex.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wish they'd make a riser for it, so you could run it as a primary optic. I have a light weight I'd love to try it on.
View Quote

Believe it or not, it's a pretty quality piece.

You can also find them on Ebay for around $11 shipped

https://www.primaryarms.com/Leapers_UTG_Mediu_Profile_3_Slot_Compact_Picatinny_p/mnt-rs08s3.htm

[
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Leapers_UTG_Mediu_Profile_3_Slot_Compact_Picatinny_p/mnt-rs08s3.htm

[https://www.primaryarms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MNT-RS08S3-2T.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[https://www.primaryarms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MNT-RS08S3-2T.jpg

I hope your right. My plan is to get it zeroed and then basically in between each group give it a healthy bump on the ground against the butt pad and recheck the zero.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]

About 200 rounds. So far so good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I found a few nice mounts for what you are talking about. I have been Googling for the past two days.

I am at work now and can't,  but when I get home tonight I will post them up here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADM makes a quick release mount AND co-witness and 1/3 co-witness risers. You can thank me now for emailing them because until I bought mine the risers were not on their site.  Very nice quality and fit finish.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top