BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The CMR2 looks a hell of alot like the Ballistic CQ from Burris. That said the VX-6 looks like a  nice scope. I would bet it is about $800 with the LEO/Mil discount
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contacted Leupold about ETA of my scope and they are back ordered big time. Hopefully by end of July before these scopes hit the streets.
If anyone has the VX-6 1-6 CMR2 multi-gun w/ fire dot please chime in with a review that we all are asking for.
View Quote

Congrats!!!....looks like you'll be the first on the block

I'm really looking forward to your review on this highly anticipated scope!

Cheers
Shannon
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would bet it is about $800 with the LEO/Mil discount
View Quote

Low 900s from what I have heard from dealers that plan to stock them.  There aren't a lot of places that list them, so that might change as availability increases.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Low 900s from what I have heard from dealers that plan to stock them.  There aren't a lot of places that list them, so that might change as availability increases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A little less than what Brutus2 said.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone else ran this scope to give updates on it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I am liking this reticle, and the Lupy is much lighter than the Vortex 1-6x

so tagged
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The local cabela's had a vx6 with the cmr2 reticle. The circle and dot were illuminated and no matter what I did to the diopter adjustment it had a fisheye effect at 1x. The burris xtr2 I compared it to was preferable, imho.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Just spoke with Leupold and the CMR-2 is still on back order. I'm mid pack in the order queue so more waiting is in my future. The rep also said its the most popular scope they've had in years!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I really can't wait to see a review on this scope, I've got a 14.5 that's begging for one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Called today for an update. They are currently filling orders placed in March. Mine was end of May. He said a few more weeks Better be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Just found this thread after placing my order this morning. Optics planet said approximately two weeks, now Im seriously doubting that. By far the most expensive scope I've purchased, really hope its worth it. Been using a VX-R for 3 years now and love it, just need something with more magnification and a better long range reticle. Really hope the illumination is similar, that VXR was bright.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I heard from a very reliable source that Leupold is not even manufacturing the scope yet.  Leupold claims it will actually start shipping during the first quarter of 2016.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I heard from a very reliable source that Leupold is not even manufacturing the scope yet.  Leupold claims it will actually start shipping during the first quarter of 2016.
View Quote

I sure hope this is not the case.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Called today for an update. They are currently filling orders placed in March. Mine was end of May. He said a few more weeks Better be worth it.
View Quote

I haven't seen anyone with this scope yet. Maybe what GreenGoose is saying is true.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I haven't seen anyone with this scope yet. Maybe what GreenGoose is saying is true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly hope it's not true but I know someone in the industry that is really in the know.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Leupold makes great scopes but I'll say this.. their support and sales team need some work. When I called them to ask about this model back in March, I was told that it was already available for sale and had been since January. When I told the rep that she was confused, she assured me again that it was available.
Added to that, my buddy was on a press tour of their NW facility a few years ago and when he wanted to ask about the VX6 with the MultiGun reticle (i.e. The sucky one), no one knew what he was asking about.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#18]
What stinks (if true) is I have my Larue mount (no biggie to find another scope for it), but I splurged for the Leupold alumina flip caps and my MGM switchview are all specific to the VX-6.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one of these scopes, ordered in June this year from Optics Planet.  Paid more than what most are saying it should cost.  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try it out.  Had should surgery and been unable to shoulder a rifle yet.  Hopefully soon...

Just from handling it I am impressed, but this is my first high dollar scope.  Took it outside and the illumination is not quite bright enough in bright sunlight but everything else is nice and crisp.  Appears to be a true or at least as true as my eyes can see to 1:1 at zero magnification.  Didn't notice any fish eye.

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have one of these scopes, ordered in June this year from Optics Planet.  Paid more than what most are saying it should cost.  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try it out.  Had should surgery and been unable to shoulder a rifle yet.  Hopefully soon...

Just from handling it I am impressed, but this is my first high dollar scope.  Took it outside and the illumination is not quite bright enough in bright sunlight but everything else is nice and crisp.  Appears to be a true or at least as true as my eyes can see to 1:1 at zero magnification.  Didn't notice any fish eye.

Hope this helps...
View Quote

These scopes are not out yet.  Show us pics or it didn't happen.  Your join date a post count are suspect.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

These scopes are not out yet.  Show us pics or it didn't happen.  Your join date a post count are suspect.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps...

Agreed, I will get some pics when I get home from work.  Anything specific that you would like to see?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Here is a pic on the rifle. Can't tell much from this, but it is a start. More to come later.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Pic no worky
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Try it now...

Can't get it to embed only a link, looks to work now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Try it now...

View Quote

There ya go
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try it now...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/bambam-x/2015-07/FE54BA39-01CC-420D-B95B-5A409527E705.jpg

There ya go

Thanks, what the hell was I dong wrong?

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try it now...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/bambam-x/2015-07/FE54BA39-01CC-420D-B95B-5A409527E705.jpg

There ya go

Not sure!

Next time, on the right side of the photobucket page, just click on the IMG link/tab and paste it directly to arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Here we go...last image is max illumination outside. Can't see the red in the photo but there is some just washed out.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Alas. A unicorn sighting!
Bummer that it's not daylight bright.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#30]
True unicorn.  There's hope after all.  Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
True unicorn.  There's hope after all.  Thanks for the pics.
View Quote

Fantastic! Yes, hope at last!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#32]
The last pic is in the garage and you have it on?  Its dark enough in there it should illuminate.  Or am i blind?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The last pic is in the garage and you have it on?  Its dark enough in there it should illuminate.  Or am i blind?
View Quote
Yeah it is on but the sun light washes it out.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Well if it washes out that bad this scope is out for me, a lot of waiting for nothing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I did not realize this was a SFP scope, maybe that is why the illumination washes out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe it's just me, but when i zoom in to the pics, the top one  lools more washed out, and the bottom one is bold,dark and crisper on the horseshoe....
Either way, not day time bright
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah it was kindnof a bitch taking pics with my phone. The raw photos look much better than the photobucket uploads. But like said it is not daylight bright.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah it was kindnof a bitch taking pics with my phone. The raw photos look much better than the photobucket uploads. But like said it is not daylight bright.
View Quote

Fully understand.  So the bottom for sure is with illumination?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I double checked and t is actually the second pic, the one right under the pic of the box. Still not daylight bright, but you can see the red.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#40]
How can this not be daylight bright if it's using the same firedot illumination as the VXR? Odd.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How can this not be daylight bright if it's using the same firedot illumination as the VXR? Odd.
View Quote

And this is the reason I can't find a scope I like. I want good glass, a BDC 1-5 or 1-6x variable that is daylight bright with a 30mm tube, exposed turrets with a zero stop under $1300. The only scope I can find on the market that meets those needs is the Burris XTR II but it's over 21oz and read a lot of mixed reviews on burris durability. Was really hoping this (VX6) was going to be the scope but if it's not daylight bright it's not going on my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And this is the reason I can't find a scope I like. I want good glass, a BDC 1-5 or 1-6x variable that is daylight bright with a 30mm tube, exposed turrets with a zero stop under $1300. The only scope I can find on the market that meets those needs is the Burris XTR II but it's over 21oz and read a lot of mixed reviews on burris durability. Was really hoping this (VX6) was going to be the scope but if it's not daylight bright it's not going on my rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If u can swing a little more there r a few mk6's for sale in EE.  I had one, great scope.  

Leupold keeps the weight down which always keeps me buying them.  Plus great resale.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If u can swing a little more there r a few mk6's for sale in EE.  I had one, great scope.  

Leupold keeps the weight down which always keeps me buying them.  Plus great resale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought about a mk6 but with 34mm tube all of the mounts are heavier. Would weight more than xtr II  w/ aero extended 30mm mount. Wish aero made 34mm lightweight  mount
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thought about a mk6 but with 34mm tube all of the mounts are heavier. Would weight more than xtr II  w/ aero extended 30mm mount. Wish aero made 34mm lightweight  mount
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I had mine in an adm scout.  
My only gripe w the mk6 is the illumination is position sensetive and i couldnt get into the ffp thing
I will be buying the vx6 cmr once i hear some more reviews.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My only gripe w the mk6 is the illumination is position sensetive and i couldnt get into the ffp thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me it's down to the Trijicon Accupower but don't like the 1-4x and no BDC tree option or the XTRII 1-5X. I can't justify the $$$ of the Leupold with it not being daylight bright. I can get an XTRII for $699 if I catch it at the right time. The VX6 CMR2 is $1200. Other than weight savings it's hard to justify the 42% increase in price. Especially when the closest range over 200yrd is 4hr away, I don't work in LE and don't plan on using my AR for home defense.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washed out in the picture or when actually viewed if in shooting position?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Washes out worse in the photo but still not that bright when bright outside.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
For me it's down to the Trijicon Accupower but don't like the 1-4x and no BDC tree option or the XTRII 1-5X. I can't justify the $$$ of the Leupold with it not being daylight bright. I can get an XTRII for $699 if I catch it at the right time. The VX6 CMR2 is $1200. Other than weight savings it's hard to justify the 42% increase in price. Especially when the closest range over 200yrd is 4hr away, I don't work in LE and don't plan on using my AR for home defense.
View Quote

Verrrry happy with my XTRII 1-5.  I used to have a MK6 1-6, and frankly I like the XTR more.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Verrrry happy with my XTRII 1-5.  I used to have a MK6 1-6, and frankly I like the XTR more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coming from someone who has been here long enough to do 19110 posts and has owned both that pretty much seals it for me. What reticle  did you go with on the XTRII?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Coming from someone who has been here long enough to do 19110 posts and has owned both that pretty much seals it for me. What reticle  did you go with on the XTRII?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CQ MIL so I can rely on my own drops/calculations as opposed to what Burris wanted me to.

The Leupold was a nice scope, dont get me wrong, but the burris seems more forgiving to me on 1x, and the illumination doesn't care if you're not 100% behind it.  FOV seems huge with the Burris as well.  Very easy scope to run on 1x, and plenty crisp on 5x.  Both daylight bright...Oh yeah, then there is the .2mil adjustments on the MK6 vs the .1 on the burris.

Depending on where you are in IL, you're more than welcome to check out my burris.  Shoot me a PM if you want.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top