Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 3:47:52 PM EDT
I am wanting to get a new Red dot for my AR was thinking going Vortex or Aimpoint any advice on which one Is better and I can always count on? Anyone every really had any problems with either or them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with an Aimpoint over a Vortex any day. Vortex makes nice quality red dots but they're no Aimpoint.

The Aimpoint is going to be more durable and have better battery life.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Aimpoint by far for what you are asking.

The END
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a family member asking the same question and I let him look through both side by side he said the aimpoint was a more clear and had a better defined dot . I have had both optics for quite some time and the aimpoint is a much better optic . the strikefire is mediocure at best  it will function but so will a primary arms red dot with alot more features for the same money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Do your eyes have any astigmatism? This is the only thing I can think of that would sour the purchase of an Aimpoint, especially if you weren't expecting it. My eyes are a little bad so the reticule is not a perfect dot and more of a blur. That said, the Aimpoint Pro is still my favorite close range optic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do your eyes have any astigmatism? This is the only thing I can think of that would sour the purchase of an Aimpoint, especially if you weren't expecting it. My eyes are a little bad so the reticule is not a perfect dot and more of a blur. That said, the Aimpoint Pro is still my favorite close range optic.
View Quote

Is that why the dot appears to be elongated just a fuzz? It does clear up if I close my affected eye, but since you typically shoot with both eyes it is a little blurry.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is that why the dot appears to be elongated just a fuzz? It does clear up if I close my affected eye, but since you typically shoot with both eyes it is a little blurry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me it isn't too bad. The dot is still quite consolidated but it is more ovoid than circular and the edges have random points to it, I guess it would be described as a "starburst." For me it appears this way whether or not I look through the sight with both eyes open or one closed. Wearing my glasses pretty much fixes the issue as it should.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got an Aimpoint Pro and Vortex Sparc II. While both are good, the Aimpoint dot looks to be a clearer dot; sometimes the Vortex looks a bit like a comet (dot with a tail).
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely Aimpoint PRO, H-1, or T-1.

Also, I've recently noticed several Aimpoint H-1 and T-1 on the EE for less than $500.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top