Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2015 10:36:05 PM EDT
I ordered an item.  The wrong item in the correct packaging was shipped.   I called in and a eurooptic employee described that i should send the item in and i would recieve a store credit to reorder. Aka i would pay shipping both ways like i made a mistake.

I explained that I wanted to exchange it for the correct item and the employee told me to send a picture of the packaging, item and interfacing optic.  I emailed that two days ago.  

no response.  I feel like ive been told to screw off.  It is their responsibility to get me the item i paid for.  They are treating me like my money was a gift to them and it was not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Im usually not the guy who posts this kind of thing.  I made an effort.  I put time into fixing this problem with eurooptic and I feel like the only effort to resolve this has been my own.

I talked to one of my very few friends who mentioned he was shipped the wrong acog model during a sale.  When he tried to exchange it they told him they would not honor the sale price.  So he also was the brunt of a eurooptic shipping problem.  That in addition to my problem gave me a bad feeling about where this was going.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never purchased from them but thought they were a site sponsor here at one time weren't they?

Did you use a credit card?  If so I would call my CC company and start a charge back if I didn't get a respone by Friday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never purchased from them but thought they were a site sponsor here at one time weren't they?

Did you use a credit card?  If so I would call my CC company and start a charge back if I didn't get a respone by Friday.
View Quote

I would do the same thing, with one caveat: call and escalate it up to whoever the hell is running the show. That's a ridiculous situation. You run a business; anyone who runs one should see the clear issue here. Depending on the outcome with the main man, one call to the CC company would be my next step.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought about that after i posted this.  I used a bank card.  I should check with the bank to see if chargebacks apply to bank cards. Ive never conducted a chargeback, but this situation reminds me of the stories people used to tell about jonathan arthur ceiner.  The product i received was an improperly labeled  different item number of the same exact product with identical retail value- there is no angle here to explain their reluctance to understand this was a simple shipping error.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have purchased a rifle and an optic from Europtic... they did well. I guess I am lucky I didnt have to deal with them when they screwed up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I've only had one dealing with them and it was pretty good. However I would not be satisfied if I was the OP. Stay on it.

ETA: I am in no way accusing the OP of doing this, nor defending Eurooptic, however it is a common scam to have a new condition item, order a similar but newer or more expensive item, claim the wrong one was sent, and return the original to the vendor. Again, I'm not saying you did it, but this is possibly why they are hesitant on your issue. May I ask what you ordered and what you got?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I've spent a lot of money (by my standards anyway) with Euro over the past couple of years and have never had a problem.  I was surprised to see this last night so I forwarded it to my contact at Euro.  He responded this morning to say that there was in fact a shipping error and that a return shipping label would be sent . . . hopefully OP will confirm this.  Sounds like the issue, as is so often the case, is one of communication.  If people know what's going on and roughly how long it will take, they are much more willing to wait patiently.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I just checked my e-mail and I got a response.   They said they were attempting to find the correct part, and would send that with a return shipping label when they did.  

That's great.  I'll update when that happens.  I think this would have gone a lot smoother if they had somewhat promptly replied to the e-mail I sent that 5 minutes after the initial phone call.  The 48 hour blackout that ensued worried me, and my discussion with my friend who told me of his problem and the way it was handled further compounded that concern.  It wasn't so much the money involved as it was the principle and the feeling I was getting from how  it appeared this was being handled.  

I understand how a $40 item on a $100 order isn't an important financial matter, but when the wrong product is shipped, that's an important matter that needs attention on principle if nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had reasonably good luck with then, good prices.  It does suck they will not take care of the shipping, this is the kind of thing that could leave them with a bad rep.  I will say however shippimg was fast for me on 2 high end scopes and prices were tough to beat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've spent a lot of money (by my standards anyway) with Euro over the past couple of years and have never had a problem.  I was surprised to see this last night so I forwarded it to my contact at Euro.  He responded this morning to say that there was in fact a shipping error and that a return shipping label would be sent . . . hopefully OP will confirm this.  Sounds like the issue, as is so often the case, is one of communication.  If people know what's going on and roughly how long it will take, they are much more willing to wait patiently.
View Quote

Got ya some good karma for that gesture....
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Alex and Jason are good guys, this is honestly the first complaint I've ever heard concerning their customer service.  Seems like it's getting worked out now though.  Keep us updated OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dealt with them twice with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I've purchased through them quite a few times whether its at a local show or online/phone order...never an issue. I always got the items next day after I ordered also (only 3 hours away though).
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I had good luck on my one and only purchase with them....not so much with the other optic company that is mentioned a lot here.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Still working this out, I'm requesting an update today.   I'll update as this progresses.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Three scopes and all turned out well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Three scopes and all turned out well.
View Quote

This is my first euro optic order and its 3 days from a month with an unresolved error on either the vendors end, or the re-sellers. I think that's a reasonable amount of time to solve a miss-ship.  

I had a Barrett MRAD barrel from Barrett mis-shipped (wrong sku) and they had me a new barrel 2 day fed ex and a return label the same day.  I know that's really fast but it shows the contrast here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I e-mailed the product vendor direct and they offered to solve the problem- a representative is sending me a replacement part that should be the correct part.  Whether the part was misspackaged, or came out of packaging at the store or in shipment is unknown but we compared product codes and were able to confirm I had received the wrong part in the correct packaging for the item ordered.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top