Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2015 1:56:03 PM EDT
Everyone raves about the T1 being so great. I already know the advantages over the Comp m4 the t1 has (such as weight savings, and battery life)' what more is there. I have a comp m4 and it's awesome. I have cash to outfit my next rifle with a new Aimpoints and can't decide on the t1 or m4.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Everyone raves about the T1 being so great. I already know the advantages over the Comp m4 the t1 has (such as weight savings, and battery life)' what more is there. I have a comp m4 and it's awesome. I have cash to outfit my next rifle with a new Aimpoints and can't decide on the t1 or m4.
View Quote

Aimpoint 2MOA T1 & LT660 lower 1/3 co-witness combo from Larue Tactical. $674.00 for the best deal for a complete RDS/QD mount you'll find IMHO

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked my M4 better than my T1. I like my T2 better than my M4.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aimpoint 2MOA T1 & LT660 lower 1/3 co-witness combo from Larue Tactical. $674.00 for the best deal for a complete RDS/QD mount you'll find IMHO

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, the weight difference makes the weapon feel less top heavy and handles better IMHO

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This, the weight difference makes the weapon feel less top heavy and handles better IMHO  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there any other advantages

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen that the rheostat knob on the M4 type Aimpoints can be a weak link

The T1 does everything the M4 does except in a smaller lighter package however some feel the M4 is a more rugged design. I feel like this this discussion is ultimately entirely subjective and the results you'll see here will reflect that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my M4 over my T1's because it has a larger eye box which makes it easier to see the dot when firing from awkward positions.

I've seen that the rheostat knob on the M4 type Aimpoints can be a weak link
View Quote

The knob was improved on the M4's to address broken ones on the earlier models, not to say it still can be a weak point, but it is more robust than M2 and M3 models.

Interestingly, the only knob I ever had and issue with was an H1 that was so tight to change the settings that I had to return it to aimpoint to fix it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Weight savings is not so much of a concern for me. I do not run a ton of stuff on my rifles (Optic, some sort of vfg or something, maybe a flashlight). Ive never handled a t1 so I cant comment on the smaller eyebox, but I can see that being an issue. I think? the battery life Is greater on the M4 so that's moot as well. I just see all of the cool kids with T1' and was wondering what the deal is
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not only weight, but balance. The T1 is small in every direction. When I switched from an Eotech 512 to a T1 on an LT-660 mount, I absolutely noticed the difference in the way the rifle balanced side-to-side (rotationally). For a non-magnified sight, the T1 is my absolute favorite.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
T1 has 50,000 hours of battery life (5 years) and takes non-standard batteries. M4 takes AA batteries and last for 80,000 hours (8 years). Both are 2 MOA
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
T1 has 50,000 hours of battery life (5 years) and takes non-standard batteries. M4 takes AA batteries and last for 80,000 hours (8 years). Both are 2 MOA
View Quote

Non-standard batteries.

What, are people having to forge CR2032s from raw materials they mine in their back yard? You can buy one at the grocery store every 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

What, are people having to forge CR2032s from raw materials they mine in their back yard? You can buy one at the grocery store every 5 years.
View Quote
You are missing the point. I am asking what characteristics (other than weight, footprint, and the disadvantage of less battery life) does the T1 have that make it more desirable than the M4.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's not only weight, but balance...the difference in the way the rifle balanced side-to-side (rotationally).
View Quote
Thank you for this input it is more along the lines of what I am looking for.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
T1 all day
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
T1, lighter, more ergonomic, better balance, better FOV, cheaper, better looking, more better tier 1 tacticool, that's about all I can think of. Check out optics planet, they might have a few left 10% off!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You are missing the point. I am asking what characteristics (other than weight, footprint, and the disadvantage of less battery life) does the T1 have that make it more desirable than the M4.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non-standard batteries.

I know, I was replying to his "non-standard" battery comment. They sure as hell are standardized, it's called a CR2032. That designation refers to the standard. I don't own a Comp M4, but I've played with them. I've had a 512 and a T1, and I posted a comprehensive review of the T1 here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/495857_The_Official_Aimpoint_or_EOTech___which_one_should_I_buy__thread.html&page=7#i5454709

I'm sure the Comp M4 is excellent because the T1 is excellent. I'm a stickler for the size and weight of my carbines, so the T1 is the obvious choice. Note: since that review, I've changed my rifle quite a bit. I'm using an LT-660 now. If I were you, and already have a Comp M4, I would buy the T1 to experience the advantages of each. Then you may decide to keep both, or sell one or the other and replace it with the one you prefer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice review. I think I've actually seen that before. Good info.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The whole allure of the T1 is the weight.  It is an extremely rugged/reliable optic in a lightweight package.  If you don't care about weight for some reason then there is really no reason to go with it, but if you want the same capabilities (a little less battery life but i don't think i would want to leave a AA battery in something for 8 years anyways) in a package that is 1/3rd the weight... the T1 is a better option IMO.  That is unless you have a strong preference for the adjustment knobs of the Comp M4.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got both. Since you have the M4, I'd say go try the T-1, if you end up liking the M4 better, you can sell the T1 easy or trade it for another M4.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]
i have both. i like both pretty equally
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second this. I got this package for $665 about 3 months ago. You could try www.sportoptics.com  this is where I purchased mine from. free shipping. Call them first to get the lowest price. Just add the item to cart to get a lower price than it is listed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_nutkick.gif
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Be aware that if you plan to run a magnifier sometime in the future the T-1 is reported to have issues with the dot becoming more of a blob or line where the T-2 has supposedly fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
T1 all day
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Be aware that if you plan to run a magnifier sometime in the future the T-1 is reported to have issues with the dot becoming more of a blob or line where the T-2 has supposedly fixed the issue.
View Quote

They look the exact same as all other aimpoints to me
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My T1 was trash in front of my G33. My T2 is a flawless dot that I could use the edges of as aiming points, through my G33. Without a magnifier, they all look the same to me, with the Comp M4 being a TINY BIT crisper.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#26]
A little topic drift here, but I don't care about 50k vs 80k hour battery life.  Batteries tend to leak over time, so I replace my batteries every year.
The reasons to go with a T1 over a M4 are the much reduced weight and bulk.  If those aren't important to you, the M4 will do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have personal experience on the matter but every thing I have read states the T-1 dot has issues when looked at through a magnifier. However, the EOTech G33 magnifier with adjustable diopter has been reported to make the problem less noticeable. Which magnifier were you you looking through?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#28]
My work rifle is a 6920 with Troy handguard and an M4.  Good weapon, accurate and always works.  When BCM had their sale with the free BCG I ordered an ELW with 13" KMR and I put a T1 on it.  I never knew a rifle could handle so well and be so light.  Now when I train with my work gun, it feels like an anchor hanging on me.  I know the T1 is only part of the reason, but that Bravo upper is really nice to carry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My T1 was trash in front of my G33. My T2 is a flawless dot that I could use the edges of as aiming points, through my G33. Without a magnifier, they all look the same to me, with the Comp M4 being a TINY BIT crisper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my experience as well.

I had/have a Comp M, 2 MOA T1 and a 4MOA T1, a Aimpoint 3x mag and a G33. Both T1's dot don't look like dots once magnified. the Comp M looks like a dot, if you plan on using a magnifier then get a T2 or full sized model.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I have both , and prefer the M4s.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A little topic drift here, but I don't care about 50k vs 80k hour battery life.  Batteries tend to leak over time, so I replace my batteries every year.
The reasons to go with a T1 over a M4 are the much reduced weight and bulk.  If those aren't important to you, the M4 will do.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Weight savings is not so much of a concern for me. I do not run a ton of stuff on my rifles (Optic, some sort of vfg or something, maybe a flashlight). Ive never handled a t1 so I cant comment on the smaller eyebox, but I can see that being an issue. I think? the battery life Is greater on the M4 so that's moot as well. I just see all of the cool kids with T1' and was wondering what the deal is
View Quote

I thought the same thing. More of a standard battery and who cares about the weight?  Tgat is until I got a T1. I'll never go back to an M4 and I still consider it a great optic. The T1 is just better imo
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

If you think the CR2032 is as standard as a double A Id like to get some of what you're shooting into your arm. I mean, seriously?  You're really going to try and say something that ridiculous?  

That same store will have hundreds of AA's for sale and laying around vs maybe a handful of 2032's. I was just at a local wallmrt looking. It's such a ridiculous statement it almost doesn't warrant a response. Almost.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#34]
If I had a little discretionary cash laying around & were buying today it would be the T-2 and a Scalar mount
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If you think the CR2032 is as standard as a double A Id like to get some of what you're shooting into your arm. I mean, seriously?  You're really going to try and say something that ridiculous?  

That same store will have hundreds of AA's for sale and laying around vs maybe a handful of 2032's. I was just at a local wallmrt looking. It's such a ridiculous statement it almost doesn't warrant a response. Almost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Non-standard batteries.

CR2032s are standard batteries. CR2032 is the standard, just like AA and AAA are a standard. As you just said, your local Walmart carries them. I fail to see what the problem is. Personally, I go to Walmart more often than once every 5 years, and it sounds like you do, too. Sometimes I even go to CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, and other stores.

Anyone who uses the battery argument against T1s is being intentionally ignorant, grasping at straws, throwing a red herring into the conversation. Within a mile of my house, there's at least 6 stores (off the top of my head) that carry CR2032s. And for the basement dwellers, there's a thing called THE INTERNET where you can order all sorts of things, even non-standard unobtanium batteries forged in the fires of Mordor.

Get a new horse to beat, this one has had it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
T1, lighter, more ergonomic, better balance, better FOV, cheaper, better looking, more better tier 1 tacticool, that's about all I can think of. Check out optics planet, they might have a few left 10% off!
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i have both. i like both pretty equally
View Quote

Same here. Although I will say that I do prefer the more open eyebox on the M4s.  Both will serve you well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top