AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I would also add that even though Primary Arms is an industry partner he's been one of the few companies that have been very active on various forums, actually listened to customers (or potential) complements, complaints, and suggestions.  Took all of it in and made constant changes to products and developed new products for our request faster than I've seen many of the big name companies do.   Having a Bushnell 1-4 FFP scope, which is very close to the Vortex reticle of the Strike Eagle, I do agree that wind holds and numbered quick reference range holds make a huge difference in making minute of man hits with ease.  

Now back to the topic of the OP, I have one budget 1-6 FFP scope, a Firefield 1-6 (Amazon flash sale).  After reading positive reviews from reputable posters, I've been using it on a suppressed Savage Mark II .22 for a near/far critter getter.  The turrets are not accurate (close thought) and the MIL reticle can show some fuzz on the high end of magnification.  It is illuminated red/green, lifetime warranty, the glass is surprisingly good for the price, and makes a good MIL reticle trainer for the bolt gun I have it on too.  Out of the three mentioned the PA 1-6, for me is the best bang for your buck.  I do wish it had a little better glass, a dual drop/mil reticle similar to the Mudskipper 3, and day bright illumination.  If that can be done and only raise the price to the 400 range, the PA would be a very hard scope for many to turn down.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would also add that even though Primary Arms is an industry partner he's been one of the few companies that have been very active on various forums, actually listened to customers (or potential) complements, complaints, and suggestions.  Took all of it in and made constant changes to products and developed new products for our request faster than I've seen many of the big name companies do.   Having a Bushnell 1-4 FFP scope, which is very close to the Vortex reticle of the Strike Eagle, I do agree that wind holds and numbered quick reference range holds make a huge difference in making minute of man hits with ease.  

Now back to the topic of the OP, I have one budget 1-6 FFP scope, a Firefield 1-6 (Amazon flash sale).  After reading positive reviews from reputable posters, I've been using it on a suppressed Savage Mark II .22 for a near/far critter getter.  The turrets are not accurate (close thought) and the MIL reticle can show some fuzz on the high end of magnification.  It is illuminated red/green, lifetime warranty, the glass is surprisingly good for the price, and makes a good MIL reticle trainer for the bolt gun I have it on too.  Out of the three mentioned the PA 1-6, for me is the best bang for your buck.  I do wish it had a little better glass, a dual drop/mil reticle similar to the Mudskipper 3, and day bright illumination.  If that can be done and only raise the price to the 400 range, the PA would be a very hard scope for many to turn down.
View Quote

The problem is I think when you get into the 400$ price range there are better glass options. I think were the pa 1-6 is currently priced at gives it the best value for what you get/don't get.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
At least PST level or better glass, in clarity  and eye box/relief.  I due realise the day illumination  can really  raise  the price  up in itself.  The lowest cost scope with the glass and day illumination  so far is the Burris XTR II line.  Its still over to 400 mark by far though.  But, one can dream, right?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The 1-6 is also very good
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top