Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the VCOG's a good optic with a good feature set that's backed by a company that makes quality optics.
But I also think that following up on the heels of a great optic like the TR24 by not having its trademark daylight-bright no-battery-required illumination was a big concession. Especially given how much more it cost and the competition that's emerged in the years since.
But, that's just my take on it coming from the TR24 and shooting other variables.  
If you look at that old VCOG thread, there were a few others that loved theirs so maybe they could offer their input too.
View Quote

Link to your review and that thread?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same here.

The VCOG is actually starting to look good again.  I get the Reticle I want with BDC, battery powered, and it's literally bombproof.  Put on an LT Mount and forget about it.

Hummmm . . . decisions, decisions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am underwhelmed.

Same here.

The VCOG is actually starting to look good again.  I get the Reticle I want with BDC, battery powered, and it's literally bombproof.  Put on an LT Mount and forget about it.

Hummmm . . . decisions, decisions.

If you don't need the extra 2x, Trijicon also has the Accupower 1-4x that should be released soon as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]

I like your reviews! Thank you!

Can't wait to see your TR25 review.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Just waiting on my MIL DOT version to arrive. Availability says between 7-18 days so hope that's accurate.

ETA: Never mind. Updated availability now says 6-8 weeks so it looks like summer time before I'll have one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just waiting on my MIL DOT version to arrive. Availability says between 7-18 days so hope that's accurate.
View Quote

Let us know afterwards if you prefer the mil-dot vs triangle reticle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]
looking forward to more pics and reviews.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top