Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 11:25:21 PM EDT
Recently picked up a set of front and rear TI Battlesights to replace my Magpul Pro's.  The quality looks top notch and I prefer the beefiness over the magpuls.  However, I noticed when it's folded down it's very loose and it definitely has noticeable "play" on my rail.  When it's folded up, it's locks up pretty tight, but it still has some slight play front to back.  

I doubt it's going to make a difference in accuracy, but for almost paying ~$50.00 more for these over my magpul, I expected a little bit more.  My old magpuls feel like they lock up stiffer.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you buy them?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought it off amazon. The seller had a pretty good reputation. Is there a possibility it could be fake?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
What rail do you have?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought it off amazon. The seller had a pretty good reputation. Is there a possibility it could be fake?
View Quote

Who was the seller? Some times amazon isn't any better than ebay when it comes to counterfit sellers. Generally if its sold bay Amazon its ok but if it comes from a 3rd party seller it can be iffy. My sights are nice and tight with no play. What directions do you have play? Side to side, up and down once flipped up?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What rail do you have?
View Quote

standard picatinny.  Just to be clear, the base has no slop.  It's the sight itself that folds up and down that has front to back slop.  This is especially prevalent when it is folded down.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who was the seller? Some times amazon isn't any better than ebay when it comes to counterfit sellers. Generally if its sold bay Amazon its ok but if it comes from a 3rd party seller it can be iffy. My sights are nice and tight with no play. What directions do you have play? Side to side, up and down once flipped up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When flipped up and locked it has a slight front to back slop in it.  About 1-1.5mm of travel.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
The front to back when deployed ready to use is normal.

I checked four of mine right fast they don't have any play folded down....
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my troy sights today.  They are super solid and no play at all.   What kind of packaging was yours in?  Mine came in a 6ish by 8ish clamshell packaging with card stock black fading to red with detailed pics of installation and instructions on the back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
My Troy's are solid as well. Absolutely no play at any position.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Yup...solid and no play.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
my troy's are solid when they are erect or folded.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top