Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:44:07 PM EDT
I just bought one going to bore sight it tonight after the sun goes down what range should I bore sight I'm thinking 25 to 50 yards than follow up with a range session tomorrow to dial in, anyone run one of these for a plinking optic? what are the pros and cons how do you like it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I bolted mine on my blackout and it was only 2 inches off at 50 yards right out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
well it was almost right on at 50 yards with the bore sight very little adjustment required
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish you good luck with yours.  My experience hasn't been good.  I had two that ended up with broken reticles after a couple of hundred rounds of .300 BLK.  They looked like this:

The third replacement ended up with a bent tube after what I would consider a light bump.  Vortex was great and replaced it each time, but I won't put another one on a gun I count on.

ETA:  OOPS!  You wrote Strikefire and I read Crossfire.  My Strikefires have been great.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone else please
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Before landing a sweet deal on an Aimpoint, i was looking in that price range and the Strikefire II was getting a lot of positive reviews. Have you checked youtube?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top