Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:56:42 PM EDT
Has anybody seen or used the new ncstar eco?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything ncstar I have owned has broken. No
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
NCstar is possibly the single worst brand of anything, ever.  I even fell for them last week when I bought a front sight adjustment tool.  They somehow managed to fuck that up, as simple as it should've been.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NCstar is possibly the single worst brand of anything, ever.  I even fell for them last week when I bought a front sight adjustment tool.  They somehow managed to fuck that up, as simple as it should've been.
View Quote

Insert The Simpsons Nelson voice: Ha Ha!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
.........There's a brand new eco, straght from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The answer is, no, I've not seen it.  No, I don't intend to, and yes, I've been burned before.  Heavy, poorly constructed, miserably performing junk, not suitable for airsoft.  But, other than that, . . .

I just read its specs.  Please spend a bit more and get a real optic, not a 19+ ounce heavy, bulky paperweight with gimmicy lasers.  Every time I see the combination of heavy weight, magnification. bizarre reticles and lasers, I cringe.

Heck,  full blown real tactical scope like a Leupold 1.5-4x20mm Mark AR has an illuminated dot inside a real milrad reticle and matching milrad turrets and weighs half as much.

On a budget, look at Primary Arms and avoid the mall ninva tacticool junk.  That "scope" will only bring you misery and will fall apart before your eyes.  Try looking through whst they pass off as "glass" in dim light and compare what you see to any real budget 4x scope.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I did a 3 gun with a guy with a 4x NC Star.  It actually was zeroed well and it worked.   It may work if your only using it as a bench rifle.   Unfortunately the brand is known for making airsoft stuff, and I doubt it would hold zero in a carbine class.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top