Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2015 1:33:22 PM EDT
Just looking for some info. How are the new bushnell ar optics I keep seeing on tv. As well as barska
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
And even burris
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The Barska will be garbage. What are using the gun for?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Range and Hunting primarily
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a Bushnell AR 4-18x40 BDC thru PSA on a screaming $99 deal.

Build seems excellent, turret knobs seem to give a positive click, optics are very good.

Haven't mounted it yet but I'm pleased so far.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Build seems excellent, turret knobs seem to give a positive click, optics are very good.

View Quote

SOAB! How'd I miss that? They were $199 so I looked other places and found them for $160 so $130 after rebate.

How long ago was that sale?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Barska is junk. Period.

Burris is typically very good, oftenexcellent.

As for the Bushnell, I too purchased a 4.5-18x40 AR Optic. I thought the rpice was decent for what looked to be a decent scope for an AR. After getting it, I am on the fence. The optics seem OK at lower powers, seems to get dark at higher magnification.  I dont care for the overall design. The ocular is huge, complicating mounting. The reticle is a typical BDC, which I dont care...hardly a knock, as I knew it when I ordered it. The turrets are mushy, but thats to be expected from a cheap scope. I have not had a chance to test tracking.

SO far, it gets a solid "meh" from me. I am going to give it a chance, but it may end up relegated to a rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

SOAB! How'd I miss that? They were $199 so I looked other places and found them for $160 so $130 after rebate.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around xmas I believe was when I ordered, been awhile before it showed up, PSA and all . But show up it did, happiness.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Bushnell 3-12x 40mm AR Optic because it was what I could afford at the time. I got it at a good price and to be honest for an inexpensive scope (I wouldn’t call it “cheap”) I couldn’t be happier with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the Barska at Menards for really cheap (after rebate it was about $30). Works for 100 yds, but sucks after that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the Bushnell 4.5-18 for a .22 build (from the PSA stupid low price sale). I never mounted it, but it had good glass for the price and a great warranty. I traded it on a 3-12 Bushnell AR on the EE and I've put about 250 rounds through it so far. It seems to track well and the glass on that one is just as good. For comparison, I've got a Blackhawk 3-15, which is identical to the Weaver Tactical ($800 street price). The glass is not as good, and the turrets aren't as positive, but it's not a night and day contrast either. The Bushnell seems solid so far and the warranty for the AR line is great (lifetime for any owner)
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Barska=Garbage

Bushnell makes some high end $$$ good scopes as well as lower end decent optics. The $99 deal at PSA around Xmas was a great deal for one of their low/mid range scopes.

Whats your budget and how much magnification are you looking for?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I struggle with the fact that these scopes cost less than my scope rings...I am not being a snob, far from the truth.  But when I buy rings, good rings, for $200 and people are purchasing scope for $100 to $150, I really have to question the long term quality of these scopes.

As far as the original question, Barska gives junk a bad name.  These scopes are trash.  A guy was at the range a few years back with a $1500 FN and a Barska scope. I am not kidding when I say he must have shot 75 rounds at 25 yards tring to get repeatability at 25 yards.

I tried to help him, but a 6.5 ounce Coke bottle had more clarity

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I struggle with the fact that these scopes cost less than my scope rings...I am not being a snob, far from the truth.  But when I buy rings, good rings, for $200 and people are purchasing scope for $100 to $150, I really have to question the long term quality of these scopes.

View Quote

Im with you. I purchased one of these on a whim, and like I said earlier, its worth about what it costs. When I have Leupold, Weaver Grand Slam, and Burris XTR glass on other rifles...this one is hard to swallow. It ought to make a decent rimfire scope, I suppose.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top