Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:15:55 AM EDT
I read a few reports of guys who's tr24 leaked / fogged internally in the rain (Thread here) and has me second guessing if I should get one. A member here (Market Garden) said he saw 2 go down in the same class - his and another shooter - during a rain shower. His actually had standing water in it.

Trijicons website only lists the scope as water resistant where as the other optics like the acog, srs, vcog are waterproof and submersible In deep water.

I called Trijicon this AM and they said its submersible to 10 feet but only if the turret caps are on, yet it's weird they don't list this in the official specs on their site.

And no - I don't plan on swimming with the optic but I'd expect it to withstand a downpour.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
In for reponses.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the TR24R and TR24G and following MG's post, I dunked both of mine in a bucket of ice water (caps on).  Neither of them had issues. Whew!
I've dropped a couple of scopes and busted them. A Swarovski Z6i with a broken zoom lever that I had to send back to Austria and an AimPoint ML3 with a seized-up rheostat. Come to think of it, I think I broke my EOTech 553's ARMS mounts too.
Don't worry, I'm usually this clumsy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Not very robust IMHO. My experience.

Now I have a VCOG and keep my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they fix it? How long did it take? Did they charge you?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeesh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
$750 is a hard price point to fill. The next jump up is a Vortex HD 1-6x at $1300

I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can put it through it's paces.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
They said they reset the parallax and re-zeroed, and that the slight bend should not affect function. Charged me $38 IIRC, which basically covers return shipping.

Well function was still not 100%... enough that the view on 1x was slightly off so using it both eyes open kind of gave me a headache. On 1.5x+ function was unaffected because you don't expect to have a continuous picture with both eyes. That work had about a 6 week turnaround IIRC.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my tr24g and it is plenty durable for me on my pws. What are you planning in doing with it?

I have to say i am really diassapointed with trijicons customer service right now. I sent back the accupoint mount the tr24g sits in because one of the screws snapped. They sent me back a completely different model of scope mount and they wont respond to my emails.

So if you want a great scope that you arent going to thrash around, go with the trijicon. If you think there is any chance you will need to deal with customer service, at this time i would suggest finding a different  manufacturer, because this is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want the best warranty & customer service in the business go with Vortex I love my razor's glass & my viper's... if you want a very good warranty go with Leupold love my VX-Rs
On the other end Primary Arms is another whose customer service is right up there with the best.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a nightforce nxs 1-4. Can find them in the ee for 1000-1100 at times. Can beat the hell out of them and better glass than a 1300$ vortex. Made in usa.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top