Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 4:48:54 PM EDT
Want the range of a scope with the feel of a red dot something that can reach out there a little ways but still be able to pull up fast for the closer shots.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Vortex Spitfire x3
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on your budget.

Obviously the big one is an ACOG.

I don't have that type of money to spend on a scope, so I got the Burris AR332.  Other budget ones to look at are the Primary Arms options.  They have a 2.5x, 4x, and I think a 5x coming.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on your budget.

Obviously the big one is an ACOG.

I don't have that type of money to spend on a scope, so I got the Burris AR332.  Other budget ones to look at are the Primary Arms options.  They have a 2.5x, 4x, and I think a 5x coming.
View Quote

Indeed.   ACOGs are great if you have the money.  The PA offerings are nice too if you don't.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Vortex Optics Spitfire Prism Scopes
1X and 3X

Selectable red/green illuminated reticles with five intensity levels to match specific conditions, are etched directly on the prism to assure consistent point-of-aim at all times—regardless of whether or not illumination is engaged

Cameraland NY has a couple of Spitfire Prisms on their demo open box discount page
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Vortex Spitfire 1x and like it a lot. Reticle is very clear vs red dot ( I have astigmatism in my right eye)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
How does the Spitfire 3x compare to PA 4x scope? Do both have the etched reticle?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How does the Spitfire 3x compare to PA 4x scope? Do both have the etched reticle?
View Quote

I have both, (PA 2.5 and 4x and Spitfire 1x and 3x) They are about the same quality wise and all have etched reticles. The Spitfires has a proprietary mounting system where the PA one can use any ACOG mount.

I like them all and have found a home for each on different rifles. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Ya just gotta figure out which would work best for you. (That's the hard part ;) )
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have both, (PA 2.5 and 4x and Spitfire 1x and 3x) They are about the same quality wise and all have etched reticles. The Spitfires has a proprietary mounting system where the PA one can use any ACOG mount.

I like them all and have found a home for each on different rifles. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Ya just gotta figure out which would work best for you. (That's the hard part ;) )
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With this information, I'd buy the PA versions if they're priced nearly the same as the Vortex offerings. The ability to use ACOG mounts gives you far more mounting options than anything proprietary ever could .... or will.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

With this information, I'd buy the PA versions if they're priced nearly the same as the Vortex offerings. The ability to use ACOG mounts gives you far more mounting options than anything proprietary ever could .... or will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ACOG mount compatibility is a mixed-blessing. I used a Spitfire because I was mounting it on a rifle where I wanted it lower than an ACOG could go. Miss having QD, though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:The ACOG mount compatibility is a mixed-blessing. I used a Spitfire because I was mounting it on a rifle where I wanted it lower than an ACOG could go. Miss having QD, though.
View Quote

I agree about the height thing. But for me, with any type of magnified optic, it's all about QD options.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The PA 4x is actually less expensive than the spitfire on PA's website anyhow. They want 350 for the 3x spitfire with 260 for the PA. They did have a deal with a QD ADM mount with the 4x for only 30 bucks over the standard mount, bitchin deal. They appear to be out of stock for now.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top