Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:14:10 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a set of offset irons for my magnified AR.  I really like the Diamondhead swing out sights but they're pricey.  Magpuls are cheaper but don't swing out.  Any others to consider?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Knight's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You really need to look at the Magpul MBUS "PRO" series. They are all steel, melonite coated, very well made, and available in regular and offset versions. They are about half of the thickness of the polymer sights and will allow a larger range of optics to be mounted over them. And yes they are worth the $190 price tag. They also have a rear sight version with a preset distance adjustment out to 600 yds, in 50 yd increments.

10 years ago I would never have made the above statement in regards to cost of certain accessories. After seeing/using the aforementioned sights, they are worth the price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought a $20 set off of amazon. They work really well for how infrequently they get used to shoot 15 feet infront of me..

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking into the same thing and would just like to buy a set of offset picatinny mounts since my Ruger SR556 came with Troy BUIS. There are a few cheap mounts I have found but just saw a set of Team Warne mounts on a rifle and they are exactly what I am looking for so that is what I am ordering.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]
XS sights XTI sights.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the magpuls off botach for $140. Otherwise some cheap ones off amazon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Dueck Defense - https://www.dueckdefense.com

A bit expensive and pretty bulky, though. Looks like they recently paid for a fancy new site.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top