Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2014 1:33:15 PM EDT
Wondering what peoples opinion is on the scope pictures would be great on it on your AR two thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Which one?

I really like Nikon scopes. Good glass at a good price. They are starting to creep up in price though. Watch for rebates, they are generally the instant kind and you can save $50-$100.

The P series is basically the Prostaff optics with exposed target turrets.
The M series is basically the Monarch optics with exposed target turrets.

Some people don't like the exposed turrets because they can get bumped walking through the woods. The Prostaff has both finger and zero reset turrets but they are covered (and smaller).

I like higher power optics, 10-12x, to have side focus which the P series doesn't have.

I have 2 of the M-223 and really like them but they are about twice the price of the P-223.

Their BDC is nice if you take the time to learn how to use it. They also have both mil-dot and Nikoplex reticles if the BDC is too much clutter for you. Nikon has a program for their scopes, Spot On. Check it out on their website HERE
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2 of the M-223 and really like them but they are about twice the price of the P-223.

Their BDC is nice if you take the time to learn how to use it. They also have both mil-dot and Nikoplex reticles if the BDC is too much clutter for you. Nikon has a program for their scopes, Spot On. Check it out on their website HERE
View Quote

Do you know the difference between the 8489 and 16305 model? They look identical, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The 8489 is just the old model number. It looks like with the new number (16305) they are offering $160 off instant rebate, total price of $299. That is a great price for the 3-12x

It also looks like you can now order custom turrets from Nikon for the new model, you couldn't get or use them with the old model.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The 8489 is just the old model number. It looks like with the new number (16305) they are offering $160 off instant rebate, total price of $299. That is a great price for the 3-12x

It also looks like you can now order custom turrets from Nikon for the new model, you couldn't get or use them with the old model.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to pick one up for my SPR build. Do you use the Nikon mount, if so, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks. I'm going to pick one up for my SPR build. Do you use the Nikon mount, if so, how do you like it?
View Quote

I have one in the Nikon mount, I think it is the one with the 20 MOA rise. I got it free with the scope when they first came out. With the instant rebate and the free mount back then it was too much to pass up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The P series has decent glass at the price level, way better than most of the Chinese stuff, but their BDC reticle is too big and blocks too much of the field of view to me.  No reason to use circles rather than dots or hash marks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have prostaffs and monarchs. My buddy has a p223 which is nice but he is stuck at a constant 4 power.   I prefer duplex reticles over bdc idk why I guess I'm a traditionalist. I love my prostaff 2-7 and own two, but my new monarch is worth the price jump.

Fwiw I use the turrets like target turrets at the range but it's nice to be able to protect them when I'm hunting
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been doing Freelance PR work/Shooting Event's for Nikon for 5 years and the Promo on the M-223 3-12 is the best deal I have ever seen on this optic.
I have been using it since it came out and it is one of my favorites. I also have a P-223 3-9 BDC 600 on my son's AR and he has zero complaints and zero misses when it comes to coyote's with it.
Check out some of AR15 Sponsor's, I'm sure they can help you get the deal on the M-223 3-12, it goes until 12/31/14.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, If they extended that savings to the 4-16x M-223 there would be one more box under the tree for me
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
They had that one PROMO 2 times this year. Usually it is a one time thing but 2014 they did it twice which was huge.
I think it was $100 off the M-308's and M-223 4-16. Still not as good as the deal on the M-223 3-12 .

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They had that one PROMO 2 times this year. Usually it is a one time thing but 2014 they did it twice which was huge.
I think it was $100 off the M-308's and M-223 4-16. Still not as good as the deal on the M-223 3-12 .

View Quote

Well, hopefully they'll do it sometime in 2015. I only get "mad" money twice a year, tax time and Christmas. I had a pretty big medical bill this year so that left the first part of this year out, oh well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top