Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2014 12:14:30 AM EDT
Cabella's had a good sale on Nikon Buckmaster scopes this week, with a 3x9x40 for $129 and the 4x12x40 for $149, both with BDC. I have an older Buckmaster 3x9 which I like and had a 4.5x14 at one time. I thought they replaced the Buckmaster with the Prostaff 5 models so was a little surprised to see these at Cabella's. I ordered the 4x12, got it today and immediately noticed some differences from the older Buckmasters. One, it does not have a Parallax/Side Focus like the 4.5x14 had and two, has different (maybe cheaper ?) turrets on it.
My question I guess, are these going to be the same quality as the older Buckmasters or have they "value engineered" it down to equal the original Prostaff model ? I don't mind the Side Focus and turret issue too much, but it raises some questions about the other features and glass versus the older models. Anyone shed some light on this ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Update. Avoid these "new" Buckmasters based on my observation. These seem to be much lower quality in terms of features (turrets, focus) than the older (discontinued) Buckmasters. The one I bought (could be a lemon I guess) had the new turrets and no focus and the reticle was damaged. Did not seem the image was as clear as my older Buckmasters either. Returning this one and ordered the older 4.5x14 with side focus which I had before and was very happy with. Note though these are no longer made so need to look around to find on if interested. Natchez Shooters had some left with either Nikoplex or BDC reticle, but were already out of the 3x9 models.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top