Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordered one early morning on the 29th.  Hope they weren't out of stock.  They charged my card, then credited back the money today.    I have seen companies do that to make sure the cash is in the card then not officially charge it 'til it ships.  Either way I am really excited.  I have a larue LT111 mount waiting for it, but kick myself for not ordering  a ssalt too.  I am a bit concerned the eye relief will need a forward offset.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I would had bought one.. but all that ranging added features are too much for my taste on a 4 power.
That's a lot of crap to look though.

I do want one tho..

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered one early morning on the 29th.  Hope they weren't out of stock.  They charged my card, then credited back the money today.    I have seen companies do that to make sure the cash is in the card then not officially charge it 'til it ships.  Either way I am really excited.  I have a larue LT111 mount waiting for it, but kick myself for not ordering  a ssalt too.  I am a bit concerned the eye relief will need a forward offset.
View Quote

Did they charge it or just authorize it? Those are two different things.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
One thing I don't like about ordering from SWFA is not knowing what's in stock or when your stuff will arive.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Did they charge it or just authorize it? Those are two different things.
View Quote

It came up as Misc debit  and then today it came back up as Misc credit.  So maybe it was just authorized.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One thing I don't like about ordering from SWFA is not knowing what's in stock or when your stuff will arive.
View Quote

This.  I've cancelled more things than I've bought from them simply because they won't tell you they don't have it in stock.  I've called days later, only to be told it's backordered, not shipped.

If I can buy it elsewhere, I do.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I have tracking on mine.
Sales rep told me the Bulter caps are #16 eye an #02A on the obj.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I call them first and verify what I want is in stock. If it isn't, I buy somewhere else.

They are local to me, so shipping is over night.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Ugh. Back order email.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
ordered mine last night-got a backordered status in a return Email. checked and they haven't tagged the c-card as of today Some of the places won't allow you to place anything in your cart which is not in stock. Much better way to keep everyone happy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine shipped
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Got the backorder email today. Fuck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
This - any clue on back order, weeks,  months, years?

Quoted:
ordered mine last night-got a backordered status in a return Email. checked and they haven't tagged the c-card as of today Some of the places won't allow you to place anything in your cart which is not in stock. Much better way to keep everyone happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully this wont end up like the 1-6x clusterfuck.

I eventually got the 1-6x and it has been my favorite AR optic. Last night, a few minutes before midnight I broke down and ordered a 3-9x. I couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]
My order status says "Needs to be scanned."  WTF does that mean?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]
"To be shipped on 3/7/2015."

Going to have to cancel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Going to have to cancel.
View Quote

Don't feel too bad now missing this boat...........
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I may have jumped the gun and bought too many black Friday optics. Tracking shows mine should be here Thursday with a SSALT mount.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine just showed up. Review later
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I may have jumped the gun and bought too many black Friday optics. Tracking shows mine should be here Thursday with a SSALT mount.
View Quote

Unpossible!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered around 1pm central Saturday the 29th and mine will be delivered tomorrow.

Curious how many they sold through the weekend.. no better option under $500.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep...backordered.  Sucks but not a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine said that also, called and was told it means needs to be scanned for shipping!!  Just got my tracking number about an hour ago.  Ordered on the 29th at 10:59pm.  Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Mine said that also, called and was told it means needs to be scanned for shipping!!  Just got my tracking number about an hour ago.  Ordered on the 29th at 10:59pm.  Hope this helps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine just showed up.  Glass looks great, although NOT HD.  Clicks are very discernible and audible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine arrived today. Overall, I am highly impressed with the scope. I will break down what I perceive to be pros and cons

Pros

Weight- At a little over 14 oz , it is pretty lightweight for a scope with a 30 mm tube

Reticle- I love the diamond reticle. When I ordered the scope, I was afraid the center dot would be rather large like on the Burris Tac 30, but that is not the case at all. The dot is 1 MOA and lends itself to precise aiming.

Throw lever- It comes with 3 different length throw levers. From what I remember, they are 5, 10, and 15 mm in length. I installed the longest length lever and feel like it is perfect.

Illumination- The scope has 10 illumination settings. It is fairly bright on setting 10. Don't know if it will be visible in sunny conditions, but that doesn't matter to me. There is a storage area within the turret for a spare battery. In between each setting, there is a hash mark that represents the off position. This allows one to be able to turn the illumination to their desired setting with one turn of the turret. It is really an intuitive design

Second focal plane- While some might consider this a disadvantage, I like the fact that I can actually make out the reticle on 1X

Turret have positive clicks, don't feel "mushy" , yet require enough force to turn that I don't think they will turn if accidentally bumped

Cons

Scope does not appear to be true 1X. It is closer to a 1X scope than my Leupold 1.5-4x. The SS is probably closer to 1.25X. This does not bother me at all as I do not intend to use it as a CQB optic
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a ML3, Pro, and SS 1-4 delivered this week.  Still waiting on the Mepru tru dot
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered mine Fri morning and just received it.

Super nice optic from what I can tell out of the box.  I don't have time to mount it and mess with it until this weekend, but so far I like it a lot.  The optics look great, with the caveat that it's dark out and I can't do a comparison until the daytime. For comparison I'll have the vortex viper pst 1-4, nightforce 2.5-10, swfa 1-6 Hd and various leupold mark 4 scopes.

I'll try to post a review later, but for the BF deal, it's a great price!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I placed an order on Black Friday which was rejected for issues with my credit card.  I cancelled that order and  reordered on the 30th of Nov and i just received my shipping notice today.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Got mine today. Looks good. I have one other SS scope that I bought many years ago, and it has served me very well. High hopes for this one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Going to have to cancel.
View Quote

Man - I got a back order email as well.  

Where are you seeing 3/7/2015 as the ship date?  I have inquired by e-mail yet no response yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Ordered mine within 5 minutes of when they started selling them on Black Friday, got it Wednesday. Hoping to see a review by a more knowledgeable optics guy to see what they have to say about the scope.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ordered mine within 5 minutes of when they started selling them on Black Friday, got it Wednesday. Hoping to see a review by a more knowledgeable optics guy to see what they have to say about the scope.
View Quote
OK I am pissed.  I ordered on the 28th and it shows backorder status.  WTF?

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I ordered on the 1st later in the day. Got the backorder email a couple days ago. Good news though, the mount that I ordered shipped out promptly. I would give serious thought to cancelling, except i've already paid the shipping for this order. Fuck me, what a lousy way to run a company.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Mine is on back order as well. Gave them a call to add the butler creek caps and asked about the back order. They got over whelmed on the orders. Yeah it sucks but still cannot beat the price. I will patiently wait. Am hoping it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Spoke with SWFA; they said only the scope covers are on backorder.  The scope ships Friday (tomorrow).  I hope.  Told them I can wait for covers.  I probably have a set that fits anyway.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered one on Saturday and got the out of order email Monday, after which I promptly canceled my entire order. My money was refunded, taken out again, refunded again, and taken out again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Got ahold of SWFA customer service and confirmed,  they are not expecting anymore until March.  

That sucks...   Will be cancelling  if I can find something else comparable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#38]

The scope covers are on backorder the scope is committed to your order, just has not shipped out yet. We are trying to get all the order shipped out by Friday.

Thank you,

Stephanie Price

Sales/Customer Service

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mine is on back order as well. Gave them a call to add the butler creek caps and asked about the back order. They got over whelmed on the orders. Yeah it sucks but still cannot beat the price. I will patiently wait. Am hoping it will be worth it.
View Quote

Hey, better than my luck. Mine tracks as "notice left to pick up at post office" at some town in Texas. Problem is I am in Kansas.  Hasn't been picked up yet but they way I see it whoever received the notice could come get it at any time.
SWFA shows it shipped to my correct address when I look at my account so who knows what the hell happened.
Glad I paid the extra $1.62 for insurance.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#40]
What the hell is up with SWFA?  
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
That would be great, got an email saying 3/7/2015 for backorders, scope covers I can live without to substitute.

Quoted:
Spoke with SWFA; they said only the scope covers are on backorder.  The scope ships Friday (tomorrow).  I hope.  Told them I can wait for covers.  I probably have a set that fits anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I got mine yesterday and a fixed 16x swfa ss mil-quad and holy smokes!!!!!  this is a nice optic! i tried like crazy taking reticle pics but i have the shittiest camera on earth and the pics are super grainy.  came with batteries and you can store a spare in the illumination turret.  very crisp and very clear on the lowest power.  turrets are very positive. Haven't shot with it yet but it is mounted on my 300aac, i will try to get out this weekend if it doesn't rain.  

The 16x is very sweet as well, came with free rings and a bubble level.  it will go on a 308 bolt action :)
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For real.

I picked up 2 of them.  SWFA only runs sales twice a year, so even if I don't like it, I'm sure I can resell it on the EE for at least what I paid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just ordered mine. Almost bought a used Burris MTAC last week. Glad I didn't.

For real.

I picked up 2 of them.  SWFA only runs sales twice a year, so even if I don't like it, I'm sure I can resell it on the EE for at least what I paid.

BF is one, When is the other day?

I have a 1-6, can't wait to see a thorough review and pics.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Where are the pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are the pics?

Just loosely mounted, quick pics.
http://i.imgur.com/uNI6dL2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DgMLHGy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OVr45XG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1tALrgH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JAoUm4L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1Pg5XiZ.jpg
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I got mine and love it.  The focus adjustment was way off, almost a full turn to being into focus.  Also, the ranging lines are a bit hard to make our.  I may need to get my eyes checked.  Otherwise this thing is great build quality, great turrets, and clear glass.  Good to go for the price!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Recieved mine last evening. Man its a beauty. Feels very rugged. When i opened up the box and took the scope out the lenses were fogged up. Pretty sure swfas website says its fog proof, but thats not the case. The glass is really clear and the reticle is outstanding. The ranging brackets are very thin, kind of hard to spot unless your focused on them. Illumination is not very bright at all, very clear transmission though doesnt seem to bleed through. Have it on the swfa sslt mount. The mount seems very good specially for 30 bucks. I cant wait to see what it can do.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Somehow I just seen this today, did not really need one but was thinking would be an excellent replacement for the Mk4 tactical on my FAL.

Thanks

Will keep an eye out in march.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got the 1-4 in and it is fantastic.  I will mount tonight on my Armalite AR-10.  Photos later.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I placed an order for a 5-20 HD on Saturday morning and I just got a tracking number.  Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday here in MI.  The status was "needs scanning" for at least a couple of days.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top