Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 12:35:08 AM EDT
Which would you recommend?  My application would be hunting. Can't decide on which one to choose..  BDC or MOA
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
For hunting and 3-gun I think the JM-1 reticle reigns supreme.  With my 3-gun load Strelok+ predicts and live fire confirms that my BDC is dead on in most circumstances and errs on the long side when temps are high in the summer.

Jerry did a great job designing that reticle and as long as you aren't trying to fool yourself into thinking you have a 'sniper scope' with a 1-6x, I think the TMCQ reticle is much less useful.

I wouldn't mind a full value wind hashmark on each stadia line but that isn't a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What caliber is your rifle?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What caliber is your rifle?
View Quote

either it will go on my 308 or my 223.   Or both...I ordered two. but can change the reticle by sending it in.  I did go with the BCD because that's what they had in stock.   I looked through one of these a few months ago.  I shouldn't have.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the JM reticle but would have gotten the MRAD had they used .5mil increments instead of 1mil.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the JM reticle but would have gotten the MRAD had they used .5mil increments instead of 1mil.
View Quote

Probably because it second focal plane and the hash marks would be hard to discern
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Probably because it second focal plane and the hash marks would be hard to discern
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Burris XTRII 1-5x SFP uses.5 mil increments in their CQ MIL reticle and I think it works quite well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally would get the VMR-2.

I had the JM-1 and it is a nice reticle However as mentioned above I like something with at least some windage markings. However, I was using it to it's limit shooting out past 600. For anything under 400, the JM-1 was extremely easy to hit A-zone silhouettes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top