Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2014 12:16:46 AM EDT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knights-Armament-KAC-600-Meter-Micro-Rear-Sight-Assembly-BUIS-/230978222961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c75ffb71

Anyone here can confirm this is real or fake?  I have one but it is not marked USMC and the ones I have seen marked USMC are not marked this particular way but instead smaller lettering and white filled. Deal seems too good to be true.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knights-Armament-KAC-600-Meter-Micro-Rear-Sight-Assembly-BUIS-/230978222961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c75ffb71

Anyone here can confirm this is real or fake?  I have one but it is not marked USMC and the ones I have seen marked USMC are not marked this particular way but instead smaller lettering and white filled. Deal seems too good to be true.
View Quote

Comparing them to the pics on the KAC site they look okay, but if it's too good to be true, chances are it is.  From my understanding they are either fakes or stolen because KAC has not sold the USMC marked sights on the commercial market.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope they are real.  If I remember right they are taken off of Marine core rifles and are marked USMC.  Some say they are stolen, others that they were sold in an auction, I can't remember what the real story is.  You can also buy the MATECH rear sights for like $40 but people get a little touchy about it.  Again, I can't remember the reason, but they are all real.  There are many threads on this, just google it.  I think some representatives of KAC have even chimed in.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, looks like the real deal. I purchased one from one of the site suppliers for $55.00.  when they got in about 50 of them surplus.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
real, but KAC was pretty pissed when the market was flooded with these last year. someone was selling tons of them for $30 ea. must have bought a storage connex and hit the jackpot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks exactly like the one I have.  IIRC they are still a no-go for selling in the EE due to their questionable provenance.

Hell, the one I got, I wasn't even aware it was going to be USMC marked.  The sellers picture on eBay had a standard model but when I received it, lo and behold, it was the USMC marked version.

Oh well, works just as well as my other standard 200-600m KAC Micro.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Pictures suck.........

According to all the KAC and DoD releases I have seen on these, no real ones have ever been LEGALLY sold to the public.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another thread I've found on the matter

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_381/222092_KAC_200_600m_micro_USMC.html
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#9]
These still are around.
Any semi official ruling on stolen/DRMO?

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
You can look around on the web and see if you can find a similar price. Amazon had it for $113 yesterday. No worrying about fake/stolen parts...
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can look around on the web and see if you can find a similar price. Amazon had it for $113 yesterday. No worrying about fake/stolen parts...
View Quote

To be honest I bought one Saturday on eBay.
Then I started researching around people's thoughts on them and saw all the hub bub.
Not sure how so many different folks can be selling them new if so.
But I can certainly understand Knights concerns.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then I started researching around people's thoughts on them and saw all the hub bub.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well i want to know when these vendors are going to start selling the front micro sight, I need about  4 of them.  I use Magpul PRO front sights atm and they work great but matching sets would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

None that I'm aware of, but if you weed through all the tit-for-tat and butthurt, the best guess is that they weren't supposed to be sold, but weren't stolen either.  

Due to SNAFU's in paperwork, or a decision on someone's part in the .mil or DMRO, they got sold when they weren't supposed to be, and whoever bought up the lots got lucky.

No evidence that anyone is looking to take them back, unlike "fell off a truck" ACOG's or NV stuff.

I don't think you will. These were probably rear-only BUIS for M4's with a permanent A2 style FSB tower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These still are around.
Any semi official ruling on stolen/DRMO?

None that I'm aware of, but if you weed through all the tit-for-tat and butthurt, the best guess is that they weren't supposed to be sold, but weren't stolen either.  

Due to SNAFU's in paperwork, or a decision on someone's part in the .mil or DMRO, they got sold when they weren't supposed to be, and whoever bought up the lots got lucky.

No evidence that anyone is looking to take them back, unlike "fell off a truck" ACOG's or NV stuff.

Quoted:

Well i want to know when these vendors are going to start selling the front micro sight, I need about  4 of them.  I use Magpul PRO front sights atm and they work great but matching sets would be nice.

I don't think you will. These were probably rear-only BUIS for M4's with a permanent A2 style FSB tower.

Oh -well, I guess Magpul will suffice. They work great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top