Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2014 8:39:39 PM EDT
Do any of you have any experience with buying the "factory demo models of certain optics. I'm looking for a 1-4x24 with a true 1x so i can use it somewhat like a red dot sight. That's why i'm looking at the millett b/c i've heard good times about their 1x being true.
That got me looking at these 2 milletts and what makes them different in price and quality besides the paint job. Doing some research, it seems that the cheaper one is a "factory Demo???"
cheaper millet
not cheaper millet

I know there are many out there but i'm on a budget $250 is kind of my max as much as i'd like to get the Vortex, the $450used price is just too much. I'm also looking at the primary arms 1-4x24 that only $119 and seen some used bushnell ar223 ffp with the pcl that were okay in price.
thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Do any of you have any experience with buying the "factory demo models of certain optics. I'm looking for a 1-4x24 with a true 1x so i can use it somewhat like a red dot sight. That's why i'm looking at the millett b/c i've heard good times about their 1x being true.

That got me looking at these 2 milletts and what makes them different in price and quality besides the paint job. Doing some research, it seems that the cheaper one is a "factory Demo???"

cheaper millet

not cheaper millet

I know there are many out there but i'm on a budget $250 is kind of my max as much as i'd like to get the Vortex, the $450used price is just too much. I'm also looking at the primary arms 1-4x24 that only $119 and seen some used bushnell ar223 ffp with the pcl that were okay in price.

thanks
View Quote

I would say if you want it buy it, it is in stock and NSC isn't. Probably has some handling scratches etc. PA will stand behind it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You can find a new PST for $450. Used you should be able to find for $350 or less.

Nothing wrong with "demos". They usually carry a full factory warranty. Not sure I'd buy that Millet, though, new or demo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can find a new PST for $450. Used you should be able to find for $350 or less.

Nothing wrong with "demos". They usually carry a full factory warranty. Not sure I'd buy that Millet, though, new or demo.
View Quote

please share... i'm in the market just on a budget so if their are better options are the same price point then i'm all for it. I just liked the millet doughnut/dot reticle with the one bottom vertical line and the 2 horizontal lines (sorry not sure of terminology and i didn't think they were called cross hairs...)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top