Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:57:41 AM EDT
Just ordered mine, sold an EXPS3/magnifier combo to get it. I'm interested to see how it stacks up to my T1. Anybody get hands on one yet?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What you pay and where did you get it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Larue is taking pre-orders. I dont think any of them have shipped yet because nobody is talking about them yet.

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-2
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Larue is taking pre-orders. I dont think any of them have shipped yet because nobody is talking about them yet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, that is pricey
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Man, that is pricey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, that is pricey

For $200 more I'd rather have an acog.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, that is pricey

Different strokes, dont shoot much over 200 yards here so the micro dots work for me. Plus this is going on a MK18.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt there's any noticeable differences compared to the t1, besides some flip caps. I'd rather go with the t1 for $525
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I doubt there's any noticeable differences compared to the t1, besides some flip caps. I'd rather go with the t1 for $525
View Quote

I think your probably right, they are saying they changed the glass and the clarity will be improved. I have a T1 its going to be tough to beat but I'm willing to pay to experiment. I guess I will find out. For science.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool, be sure to report back once you get to the range and let us know.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully the price of used ones (T1) will drop once the T2 is released
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I see no reason to make the change. The T1 is a beast in its own right. I don't use flip up caps. Set it and forget it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see no reason to make the change. The T1 is a beast in its own right. I don't use flip up caps. Set it and forget it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is kind of what I'm thinking.

Quoted:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one for the simple fact that they have priced the T2 at a large enough gap above the T1 to command a premium.  T1s and used T1s will probably hover around the same price point that they are now and possibly dip slightly lower.  If they turn out to essentially be the same thing in terms of functionality and quality (which I expect they will/would) again the price points won't move.  The T2 has to do something significantly better to warrant a large market shift.  I see people holding onto their T1's or just putting T2's on new rifles, not replacing old T1's.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one for the simple fact that they have priced the T2 at a large enough gap above the T1 to command a premium.  T1s and used T1s will probably hover around the same price point that they are now and possibly dip slightly lower.  If they turn out to essentially be the same thing in terms of functionality and quality (which I expect they will/would) again the price points won't move.  The T2 has to do something significantly better to warrant a large market shift.  I see people holding onto their T1's or just putting T2's on new rifles, not replacing old T1's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see your point.  If I had a T1 now I would not sell it to upgrade to the T2.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
To be fair, the LT combo include their mount.  The T2 alone, with a military/LEO discount is $632.  LT's price is the mount + their customer service, freebies.

Honestly, I think that's a pretty big jump considering the T1 is 2MOA.  There are some advantages/upgrades to the T2 but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.  Anytime a T1 has gone tits up, it's been a manufacturer screw up or just mechanical breakage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in Nova (where Aimpoint US HQ is) and the word here is that in addition to the advertised features, the dot is supposed to be superior and magnify better.  Last I heard (several days ago), there also were not any in the US yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am in Nova (where Aimpoint US HQ is) and the word here is that in addition to the advertised features, the dot is supposed to be superior and magnify better.  Last I heard (several days ago), there also were not any in the US yet.
View Quote

I'll have to look through one at some point.  The standard dot quality now is of no issue for me.  Me thinks the marketing is splitting hairs here.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

any word on when the actual ship date is?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  I heard this info secondhand from a friend of an employee, so it not may not be the best intel, but whatever...I can wait.  That pre-order price is ridiculous.

I'll check again this week to see what I can find out.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to look through one at some point.  The standard dot quality now is of no issue for me.  Me thinks the marketing is splitting hairs here.  Time will tell.

I think the difference is seen when it is magnified....or at least that is what I hear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha! You think like me!

I do not play on the "Bleeding Edge of Technology."

I'm still digging my ~$300ish like new M3 Comps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I am partial to the PRO over the T-1 , always have been. I have a T-1 on my duty weapon and i have never felt it offered anything over the PRO worth giving up what I like about the PRO.  I have read up on the T-2 and I dont see anything it offers that I would give up the PRO for either or bother upgrading my duty T-1. The ACO they have coming out does not appear to be NVG capable like the PRO and has a shorter battery life. If it is priced under $300 retail it might sell but it will have a hard time competing against $350 PRO's.

Seems like Aimpoint is having a hard time improving on what they have accomplished and is starting to reach a little as more and more competitors are closing the performance gap.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I heard from a large AP dealer that VERY few were being released before SHOT 2015.  
I don't know if that means the pre-orders are the ONLY ones being released, or if even those people are going to be waiting until January, but I'm waiting to see how it magnifies before jumping on the bandwagon (since I really like running a 3X behind the T1).  
I want to like the PRO, but I don't like the battery at 2 o'clock or the weight compared to the micros.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I heard from a large AP dealer that VERY few were being released before SHOT 2015.  
I don't know if that means the pre-orders are the ONLY ones being released, or if even those people are going to be waiting until January, but I'm waiting to see how it magnifies before jumping on the bandwagon (since I really like running a 3X behind the T1).  
I want to like the PRO, but I don't like the battery at 2 o'clock or the weight compared to the micros.
View Quote

Waiting until january... That would make me butthurt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Vaporware. Or is it just special people like pat rogers getting them?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#23]
i just spoke to Larue today. First batch of Pre-orders came in Monday. I'm on the second round so.....

They'll start popping up soon

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i just spoke to Larue today. First batch of Pre-orders came in Monday. I'm on the second round so.....

View Quote

When did you order?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

When did you order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you order?

Today (Wed 29th) 11am
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I see people holding onto their T1's or just putting T2's on new rifles, not replacing old T1's.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

The T2 doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over the T1.

I'll keep the T1s that I currently have, but will be acquiring T2s going forward.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#27]
come on let's see 'em!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll be getting to the range this friday most likely.  Just monkeying around with it at the house, I don't see people dropping the T1 for this.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Very nice. Hoping mine ships soon.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll be getting to the range this friday most likely.  Just monkeying around with it at the house, I don't see people dropping the T1 for this.

<a href="http://s261.photobucket.com/user/scb9900/media/DSC00704_zps7b53f3c7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/scb9900/DSC00704_zps7b53f3c7.jpg</a>
View Quote

Just clarifying. Does T2 come with caps? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes.  Thats the T2.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes.  Thats the T2.
View Quote

Cool. LaRue website says "new housing 'allows' the addition of caps......." . Figured you had to buy the caps if you wanted them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cool. LaRue website says "new housing 'allows' the addition of caps......." . Figured you had to buy the caps if you wanted them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  Thats the T2.

Ia flip caps all you get with the T2? because tango down fixed that issue on my T1
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes.  Yes, flip caps are all you get

Different housing, longer battery life (?), increased clarity through the glass, better for a magnifier......all things I've read.  I can't really say until I get out to the range with it.  Based off initial handling and goofing around in the house, I wouldn't be dumping any of my T1's for this.  But going forward, I probably wouldn't buy any other type of RDS.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes.  Yes, flip caps are all you get

Different housing, longer battery life (?), increased clarity through the glass, better for a magnifier......all things I've read.  I can't really say until I get out to the range with it.  Based off initial handling and goofing around in the house, I wouldn't be dumping any of my T1's for this.  But going forward, I probably wouldn't buy any other type of RDS.
View Quote

can you post some more pics?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Do the caps fit the T1/H1?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I dont think so.

Thanks for the pictures scout.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No I dont think so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I dont think so.

That sucks. They should have made them to fit the T1/H1, they could have sold a ton of them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd rather have the TD cover. Sooner or later flip caps always fail.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Can you comment on differences btwn the two, empirically?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#42]
No. I wasn't able to get to the range today. I'm hoping sunday.  I'll also try to take some pictures of a T1 and T2 side by side. I saw another post somewhere else where a dude took a picture of a T1 and T2 dot...the T2 was noticeably smaller/ more roundererest
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:07:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
To be fair, the LT combo include their mount.  The T2 alone, with a military/LEO discount is $632.  LT's price is the mount + their customer service, freebies.
View Quote

Where did you see the mil/leo price? Is that through Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I am the only one that doesn't like freaking flip caps.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#45]
It looks like an improvement over the T1 to me but I can't justify the price for the T1 or T2. Until they get cheaper I will stick with the old M3 style aimpoints.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think I am the only one that doesn't like freaking flip caps.
View Quote

I think I'd rather have the TD cover personally.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Interesting that they changed the elevation cap to a flat head slot instead of the adjustment prongs like in the windage cap. I guess they wanted it to be really, really low drag
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#48]
" target="_blank">

Here are some pictures comparing the two:

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I got my T2 yesterday and looking at it side by side with the T1 I find that the dot on the T2 is clearer, more like a perfect circle where as the T1 is a little more of a diagonal line. I noticed the crisper dot as soon as I turned the optic on, so it is noticeable without having to the hold them side by side.

Im not crazy about the flat head cap on the elevation turret as now when your adjusting the elevation you have to remove both caps and this increases the chances of loosing one of the caps. however I can understand why they did this. I once dropped on of my rifles and it landed on the top of my T1, this caused the one of the tips to get jammed down onto the adjustment turret and I had a really hard time removing the cap as it would snag on the turret hole. I would think they could have used the same cap and just made the shoulders that protect the turret a little taller and achieved the same end result.

Also there is less of the bluish tint when looking through the optic. The flip up covers are nice and the optic can be ran with the caps on which is nice.

Overall the T2 is a good evolution of the T1, however I wish they would have simply replaced the T1 with the T2 and maintained the same price point or reduced the T1 and leave the T2 at the price of the T1. if you where looking to buy a RDO the T2 is a winner but I wouldn't sell a T1 to get a T2.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

No. I wasn't able to get to the range today. I'm hoping sunday.  I'll also try to take some pictures of a T1 and T2 side by side. I saw another post somewhere else where a dude took a picture of a T1 and T2 dot...the T2 was noticeably smaller/ more roundererest
View Quote
IF the dots more crisp then it would work great with a magnifier.

Consider me interested.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top