Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:25:01 AM EDT
Anyone here have this?

I'm building a 6.8 for deer hunting and seriously looking into this.  I know PA makes great stuff for the money but just looking for any reassurance.

I have never owned a mil scope before but would like to eventually throw this on one of my other guns as a SPR type setup.  For the fall it will go on the 6.8 for deer.

Any advice? I also bought the PEPR from PSA for $40 bucks after rebate so whatever scope I get needs to be 30mm.

If you have any other options please recommend away.  Shots anywhere from 10-275 yards so no fixed 10s.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My 6.8 has a PA 1-4x24 on it... I can hit deer size targets to 300 no problem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Only reason I'm looking for at least a 3-9 is for after season to put on another gun
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a PA 4-14 FFP and love it. Its not as clear as my Vortex but for the price you can't go wrong. I have it mounted on a LR-308 and have rung steel out to 750 with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a PA 4-14 FFP and love it. Its not as clear as my Vortex but for the price you can't go wrong. I have it mounted on a LR-308 and have rung steel out to 750 with it.
View Quote

Do you mind trying to snap a few pics through the class at 4x and then 12x? I heard at 14 it gets pretty grainy. Is that your experience as well? I'm not looking for night force glass but don't want it to be hazy and hard to see ether.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top