Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 1:16:37 AM EDT
Went to the range today. Checked the essentials before heading out the door - ammo, mags, cleaning kit, and optics have power (two Aimpoint ML2).

I happened to shake both & one rattled. A faint metallic "tick-a-tick-a" sound. Uh oh.

Remove batteries - still hear it. All caps snugged down - still there. Check the LaRue mounts - solid. Pop open lens covers - crap, it's louder!

The culprit was the lock ring in front of the objective lens. I was able to re-tighten it with a derlin pry tool from an iPad screen repair kit. It could be spun freely in either direction. Doesn't appear to affect zero or water resistance. Has anyone else had this happen or lost one in the field?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I know there was a thread in this forum recently with this exact same issue.  I know the guy called aimpoint but I can't recall anything else about what they said or anything.  try looking back within the last month or two and you should find the thread.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'll see what turns up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If that red thing under the lock ring is a seal, I would be worried that the nitrogen or argon purging has escaped and that it will fog up or that moisture could enter.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top