Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 8:30:57 PM EDT
I'm looking at a G33 Magnifier and an EXPS combo.
I want my Holo to be NV compatible (so i've narrowed it to the EXPS3-x)
I haven't decided yet if I am going with the 3-4 which you can get packaged with the magnifier in a kit (I haven't seen other EXPS3-X options packaged with it, but if someone knows of somewhere that has it, I'm all ears).
I think I would rather have the 3-0 or 3 - 2 though. I don't think I'm going to like using the 3-4 without the magnifier.

I'm open to suggestions, but I want an NV compatible HWS and the magnifier.

Also does anyone have any pictures of what the 3-4 sight picture is without the magnifier?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i would stick with the classic reticle...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the xps.   It has the classic reticle with one dot.   I wish it had more than one dot.  I use it for coyote hunting and other things.  For HD the single dot would be preferred.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 556.A65 and the G23.FTS and I really like it, longer battery they say, about the same price.. Fits your three wishes
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]

I have the classic EXPS 3 - 0 and would recommend the Primary Arms magnifier on their QD FTS mount rather than the EOTech.

With the money you save, you can buy an IR laser for your rifle and never have to bother to take your NOD off your helmet.

Or worry about sweeping a loaded weapon over unknown areas in the dark trying to get the coyote lined up with the EOTech reticle.

ID with the NOD, illuminate with the IR, shoot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
For my eyes, the eotech reticles with more than one dot really blur together and dont look great.  With a magnifier in place all the dots are fine tho.  I recommend looking at both in person before spending your money...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got rid of my 2-2 reticle it was way to busy,  I couldn't imagine 4 dots.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For my eyes, the eotech reticles with more than one dot really blur together and dont look great.  With a magnifier in place all the dots are fine tho.  I recommend looking at both in person before spending your money...
View Quote
The dot in my EoTech EXPS2-0 appears to be about 3MOA diameter because of an astigmatism in my right eye.  With the G33.STS magnifier behind the sight, I get a nice sharp 1MOA dot even with the defect in my eye.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]
See if you have a friend with a magnifier that you can give it a trial run. I wish I would have done this, for me I found that it was just to much bulk on the rifle. If this isn't possible, buy off the EE so you can hopefully get most of your $$ back if you find that it doesn't work for you either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree. My 3-2 worked great with a magnifier.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How was it with magnifier off?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using the EXPS 3-4 with an Eotech Gen 1 3x magnifier for 3 years now. I was using the 552 model for 5 years with the same magnifier. I went with this set up because I knew 80% of my shooting would be within 100 yds,but wanted to be able to shoot further is the occasion arose. The magnifier is great when used with the 3-4. I don't find it busy because I adjust the brightness level so I can see thru the dots.
Hopefully the pics show, first time uploading pics. The brightness is turned up so the camera would see it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l8uSaFxdBmQmpheFJ5NjhrR3c/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l8uSaFxdBmanJ5WFdZaEtCVDA/view?usp=sharing
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the EXPS 3-4 / EOTech 557 BDC reticle too but I know most folks don't like it since it seems busy.  You can't use the BDC dots without magnification as it looks like a solid line at 1X.  I also found the BDC didn't really match so I ended up having to do the math in my head anyway.  A 200yd zero resulted in drops of 350, 450 and 550Y.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not cluttered in my opinion
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top