AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We found some that had the purge screw too deep. All current stock has been corrected. That is what you have shoot me a email and I will get a replacement out to you today with a return label for that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got one back in January and finally was able to get it out to zero a few days ago. First let me say the quality of this thing is way more than what you pay for. The dot is very crisp, I like it better than the dot on an Eotech. However, I ran in to some issues trying to zero. I was zeroing at 25 yards and my first group was about 2 inches high and 8 inches left. It took forever to move point of impact far enough right. It seemed like it wouldn't move at all, and then make a big jump. The last jump took it about 2 inches right of point of aim. That was as far as it went, wouldn't move left at all no matter how many clicks I went. I need to contact PA, but thought I'd post up here first to see if anybody else experienced this.

We found some that had the purge screw too deep. All current stock has been corrected. That is what you have shoot me a email and I will get a replacement out to you today with a return label for that one.

I had the same issue with mine. I just bang on it every time I make a windage adjustment. It's not like I'm going to be adjusting windage on a red dot often after I sight in. PA was willing to replace it for me, but it wasn't worth it to me to go through the hassle of shipping it back when there was an easy fix.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got one back in January and finally was able to get it out to zero a few days ago. First let me say the quality of this thing is way more than what you pay for. The dot is very crisp, I like it better than the dot on an Eotech. However, I ran in to some issues trying to zero. I was zeroing at 25 yards and my first group was about 2 inches high and 8 inches left. It took forever to move point of impact far enough right. It seemed like it wouldn't move at all, and then make a big jump. The last jump took it about 2 inches right of point of aim. That was as far as it went, wouldn't move left at all no matter how many clicks I went. I need to contact PA, but thought I'd post up here first to see if anybody else experienced this.

Email sent. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That is the purge screw. Contact me. I will send a replacement, so you you have no downtime, with a return label
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same issue with mine. I just bang on it every time I make a windage adjustment. It's not like I'm going to be adjusting windage on a red dot often after I sight in. PA was willing to replace it for me, but it wasn't worth it to me to go through the hassle of shipping it back when there was an easy fix.

That is the purge screw. Contact me. I will send a replacement, so you you have no downtime, with a return label

This is FREAKIN AWESOME customer service. I'm gonna sell a scope just so that I can buy a red dot from yall.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And BOOM..!!!

One of the reasons I will sometimes spend a few extra bucks just to buy products from P.A.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is FREAKIN AWESOME customer service. I'm gonna sell a scope just so that I can buy a red dot from yall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, this company is SOLID. This is why I always verify they have a part I'm looking for in stock before I go elsewhere. I ordered a charging handle a few months ago. About a day after I bought it, I noticed I forgot to use a coupon code I found here on the site. I called PA and they were more than happy to give a credit on my account for the coupon code. I will always use PA if I can help it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Love the Primary Red Dot.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks to this thread............

just ordered this sweet lil dot with the Fortis F1 mount........quite possibly the sexiest setup out there!!  that mount is just beautiful!!!  and if the dot is as nice as everyone says ill be one happy shooter!!  itll be going on my brand new Spikes Black Assassin!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I think you'll be quite happy!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
here's my MD-ADS setup. with TacSol integral rail... zero'd at 25yrds.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like mine. the push button on off switch is sweet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can this be user corrected?  I've had difficulties in the past with that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qwerty, your avatar is fitting for this reply. Lol. Dude, just send it back. It won't cost you a dime.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my unit today.

It has a lot more blue tint than my Aimpoint Comp ML3.  It was so noticeable I thought there was some sort of protective film on the lens.

The sight is very well packaged, very well made and the dot quality and intensity levels are very good.

Unfortunately, I find the tinting really pretty distracting.  I'm going to try it in a few lighting conditions, but I may have to pony up for the new T2 to get the optical quality I want.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got my unit today.

It has a lot more blue tint than my Aimpoint Comp ML3.  It was so noticeable I thought there was some sort of protective film on the lens.

The sight is very well packaged, very well made and the dot quality and intensity levels are very good.

Unfortunately, I find the tinting really pretty distracting.  I'm going to try it in a few lighting conditions, but I may have to pony up for the new T2 to get the optical quality I want.
View Quote

Something isn't right. Mine has no tint.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my unit today.

Weird. It was the first thing I noticed when I looked through it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys are a bad influence.

Sincerely,
My Wife

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Qwerty, your avatar is fitting for this reply. Lol. Dude, just send it back. It won't cost you a dime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it won't. I've dealt with PA before. They are standup; if it's something that I can fix, I wanted to save them the trouble.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#21]
So, I ordered one with a mount, a BUS and a LULA mag loader.  I screwed up and ordered the AK version of the mag-loader.

I just e-mailed them this morning (ordered last night after work) and got a quick reply back that they got it before it shipped and switched the mag-loader to the AR version.

You guys were not kidding about the good customer service.  I like it when a company is good enough at customer service to save me from my own stupidity.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#22]
For those who don't like the big, bright, white, font.

Nothing a sharpie, and a paper towel with windex can't fix.

I'm not ashamed of what I'm running. I just hate that the font stands out so much.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I just received my MD-ADS from PA, and I am IMPRESSED!  I figured it would probably have a little better clarity than my older microdots I got from PA, but I did not expect it to rival my Aimpoint T1!  

I just couldn't believe how good it is!  So, I held it up side-by-side with my T1, to compare them at the same time.  They are SO close as for optical clarity, I thought others might like to see this comparison for themselves.  

So I took some side-by-side pictures.  I don't know if anyone has done this before, but if so, I haven't seen it.  I tried to get both sight pictures in the same photo, to eliminate the possibility of different lighting, exposure, color shifts, etc.  This was taken at about 4X.  

Take a look, and tell me which one looks better to you:  

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just received my MD-ADS from PA, and I am IMPRESSED!  I figured it would probably have a little better clarity than my older microdots I got from PA, but I did not expect it to rival my Aimpoint T1!  

I just couldn't believe how good it is!  So, I held it up side-by-side with my T1, to compare them at the same time.  They are SO close as for optical clarity, I thought others might like to see this comparison for themselves.  

So I took some side-by-side pictures.  I don't know if anyone has done this before, but if so, I haven't seen it.  I tried to get both sight pictures in the same photo, to eliminate the possibility of different lighting, exposure, color shifts, etc.  This was taken at about 4X.  

View Quote

Did you notice the PA sight having substantially more of a blue tint?  Mine was almost as if the lens was blue itself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did you notice the PA sight having substantially more of a blue tint?  Mine was almost as if the lens was blue itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine looks no more tinted than my T1.  I think these type of sights have to have a little tint.  

Which one in the picture above looks bluer to you?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://photos.imageevent.com/ken6ppc/ampointt1vspamdads/websize/IMG_0371.JPG
View Quote

Left looks better to me.  So which one is which?  I'm guessing the left one is the aimpoint because the right one does look blue to me.  They both look great though.  I will definitely buy a PA for my next AR.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#27]
i love this red dot!!  i just stumbled upon one of the primary arms long eye relief magnifiers online, it should be here by thurs...........ill get some pics up as soon as it arrives!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Mine looks no more tinted than my T1.  I think these type of sights have to have a little tint.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet he bought one of the older cheaper ones, they have blue tint
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Left looks better to me.  So which one is which?  I'm guessing the left one is the aimpoint because the right one does look blue to me.  They both look great though.  I will definitely buy a PA for my next AR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://photos.imageevent.com/ken6ppc/ampointt1vspamdads/websize/IMG_0371.JPG

Ding Ding Ding!  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  

You are correct, the one on the left is the Aimpoint T1, but there is VERY little difference between the two sight pictures.  Certainly not enough to justify the additional cost - to me anyway.  

If this MD-ADS holds up over the long haul, it will be really tough for me to ever buy another Aimpoint!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is a photo through the MD-ADS at 12X, with the dot turned down pretty low.  The dot is not perfectly round, but neither is the dot on the T1.  I see both dots as pretty round, using no magnification.  

Here is one through the T1 at 12X.  The dot was turned up a lot brighter in this photo than in the photo of the MD-ADS:  

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is one through the MD-ADS at 12X, with the dot turned up about the same as the one through the T1 in my post above:  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting.  I used a paint program to cut out the view of each scope then superimposed one half of one over the other and there's a slight blue tint on the right hand side but it looks slightly brighter although it could be the subject matter is influencing that, the one on the left has a higher percentage of dark than the right one.

Either one looks fine to me.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought the Holosun optic that is VERY similar to this one.  The shop had the PA and the Holosun in stock, I went with the Holosun because the turret covers had edges to use to adjust the turrets.  I also bought a PA 3x magnifier with QD flip-to-side mount.  I am very happy with it so far.  The only issue I have is there is optical noise around the edges when looking through the magnifier since it is a 30mm objective and the Holosun is a tad smaller.  I can live with it though.  I also ordered an Eotech EXPS 2-0 just to have both since I can;t make up my mind on whic I like better.  Both serve a specific purpose for me though.  The holosun does have a blueish tint to it that I don't care for much, but it still is a clear optic.  The red dot is very crisp.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here is a photo through the MD-ADS at 12X, with the dot turned down pretty low.  The dot is not perfectly round, but neither is the dot on the T1.  I see both dots as pretty round, using no magnification.  

http://photos.imageevent.com/ken6ppc/ampointt1vspamdads/websize/IMG_0393.JPG  

Here is one through the T1 at 12X.  The dot was turned up a lot brighter in this photo than in the photo of the MD-ADS:  

http://photos.imageevent.com/ken6ppc/ampointt1vspamdads/websize/IMG_0379.JPG
View Quote

I actually like the PA better in this view. Looks like it gathers light better. Or let's more light?  Either way, nice.  Like I said, PA is going on my new build. For sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I bet he bought one of the older cheaper ones, they have blue tint
View Quote

Negative.  I bought the sight from PA's store front.  It was the 50,000 hours version.

I was able to compare it directly to my Comp ML3.  I will admit that the Aimpoint had some blue tinting, but it was at least half that of the PA unit.

Again, I liked everything else about the optic.  I may just be very sensitive to it or perhaps my glasses played hell with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
heres my red dot, with the newly added magnifier

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Bryman what type of co-witness are you running?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

its an absolute setup.....so im hoping its REALLY absolute LOL.  no shots through yet, but sitting here aiming at the wall its about as absolute as my eyes can see
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Very cool.  I'm looking to do something similar, but I have a fixed front sight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#40]
i will HIGHLY recommend these 2 mounts.  the red dot in on the FORTIS F1 absolute mount (is not QD), and the magnifier is on the American Defense AD-SM-02 mount (is QD).  i really wanted a QD mount for the red dot HOWEVER i love the look and feel of that Fortis F1.  i figure the red dot wont come off very often so i got it.  plus i was a little sceptical about that american defense mount (its a swivel away mount) thinking it would be slightly wobbly........this mount with that magnifier on it is JUST as stable as the eotech magnifier and swing mount, and at $200.00 for the mount and magnifier its SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the eotech
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Do the dials on the right side of the sight block peripheral vision for left handed shooters?  About to pull the trigger on this sight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey guys. I just received my ad-mds sight. Insanely fast shipping, but I'm disappointed with the sight itself. While the overall construction of the sight is very solid, the dot itself is extremely fuzzy and nowhere near an actual dot. Even on the lowest visible setting, it appears as a star like pattern, and not like a dot at all. Has anyone else noticed this with their dot? I compared it to two other rds from another company that is also considered a budget optic, and the Primary Arms sight was easily the worst of the three. I have requested a RMA and will be buying an Aimpoint T'2 from them instead. I really wanted to go the cheaper option, but might as well buy once, cry once. Anyone else notice their dot being way too fuzzy and star like?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#43]
you need to look at your target, not the red dot itself. the red dot will become sharper as your eye focuses on the target through the RDS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you for your response sir. While I have not looked through while rotating the sight, I did compare it to two other optics, by placing each one of them side by side on a table. This particular MD-ADS looked far worse than the other two. I have owned Aimpoint optics in the past, with the most recent one being a Pro. The dot on the Aimpoints are no where near distorted as the one I received. This is my experience with this particular one. From the many reviews available online of the MD-ADS, it is quite obvious the overwhelming majority of people have received a great product at an affordable price and have had no issues with their red dots.  I believe the one I received is a fluke and am in no way bashing Primary Arms products. The companies reputation speaks for itself and the customer service I received from Mike and Jerry were nothing short of professional. I will be ordering a T2 from Primary Arms in the near future as I have nothing but great things to say about the company.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I just wanted to take back my original observations. I can't believe, after almost 20 years of shooting, I never realized how different a red dot will look indoors, when your eyes are dilated, as opposed to outdoors. Since I had the sight with me today, I decided to open up the box again, and look through it again, in a brightly lit room with many windows. Well, wouldn't you know, the dot actually looked like a dot. Still not perfect, but much better than what I was looking at last night, and something that I won't even notice when I'm actually shooting my rifle. Also, rotating the sight in a dark room, the dot's star like appearance did not move at all, so this tells me it's a combination of my eyes and the dark room that is causing it to appear star like. But in a bright room, it looks almost like a perfect dot. I'm no professional, but I'm not an amateur either. I never realized how different red dots can look depending on the lighting situation. I guess ya learn something new everyday.

One thing that I did notice however, was that it took the dot to get to brightness 5 for me to be able to see it. And at 5, it was barely visible, and not the setting I can shoot it with in daylight. In order to be at a comfortable brightness, I had to set it to setting 7. Is this something common you all find as well?

Lastly, I wanted to thank Primary Arms for helping me troubleshoot, and for being willing to take the optic back. Their customer service really all that it's hyped up to be. I will be keeping this optic, as now that I know what I know, it has met my expectations.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just wanted to take back my original observations. I can't believe, after almost 20 years of shooting, I never realized how different a red dot will look indoors, when your eyes are dilated, as opposed to outdoors. Since I had the sight with me today, I decided to open up the box again, and look through it again, in a brightly lit room with many windows. Well, wouldn't you know, the dot actually looked like a dot. Still not perfect, but much better than what I was looking at last night, and something that I won't even notice when I'm actually shooting my rifle. Also, rotating the sight in a dark room, the dot's star like appearance did not move at all, so this tells me it's a combination of my eyes and the dark room that is causing it to appear star like. But in a bright room, it looks almost like a perfect dot. I'm no professional, but I'm not an amateur either. I never realized how different red dots can look depending on the lighting situation. I guess ya learn something new everyday.

One thing that I did notice however, was that it took the dot to get to brightness 5 for me to be able to see it. And at 5, it was barely visible, and not the setting I can shoot it with in daylight. In order to be at a comfortable brightness, I had to set it to setting 7. Is this something common you all find as well?

Lastly, I wanted to thank Primary Arms for helping me troubleshoot, and for being willing to take the optic back. Their customer service really all that it's hyped up to be. I will be keeping this optic, as now that I know what I know, it has met my expectations.
View Quote

Yes. Settings 1 and 2 are night vision (shouldn't be seen at all) and 3-12 are for different situations from low light to bright desert shooting.

That being said - you have an astigmatism. If you want a perfectly round dot - try flipping up your BUIS and looking through the aperture. For most people that fixes the issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Tag. I want one of these for my rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tag. I want one of these for my rifle.
View Quote

Do it. You won't regret it. I removed an Aimpoint PRO and bought one of these + some ammo

It's on my HD rifle now. Hasn't skipped a beat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got mine, and this is what I see anytime Im using the optic around sunlight (this is through JUST a skylight).....

YES I SENT PICTURES to PA before posting, and I was told......this is normal.

On a few of them, it looks like two dots.  Sorry for the picture quality, my camera was having a tough time focusing.

Horrendously distracting, worse in person, and worse outside.  Outside, the entire top half of the optic is a bright red reflection to the point where its hard to ID the aiming dot.

To reiterate, I contacted PA first and was told this is normal.

This thing is going back.

I can see a faint reflection in some of my aimpoints, but it was to the point where I never noticed it until I looked for it.  I notice about the same in my old PA micro red dot, on par with the aimpoints.

I fired this thing up, and the first thing I noticed was the reflection.  Way worse than my aimpoints and cheapie PA micro.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top