Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 12:33:23 PM EDT
I need advice on what kind of one piece base and rings to purchase for a 56mm objective scope.  

It will be on a Colt flat top upper with a BCM KMR (key mod) handguard with full length rails on top.

I need 2 1/2 to 3 inches between inside of rings and about 5 inches overhang for ocular (from charging handle to rear of rear most ring.)  I only need about 3/4 inch canteliver in front of the receiver (to rear of front ring).

It is an ITT 2.5 x 10 x 56mm scope.  Picture below on custom Accuracy Speaks rail. New rifle will be alot lilghter but I want to keep the scope for night time work.

QD levers are OK but not necessary.  Hex nuts GTG with torque wrench which I use on most of my bolt guns.  

Thanks for advice.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
check out [URL=http://www.laruetactical.com/riflescope-mounts?sort=popular]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone tell me what the distance is between rings on a Larue LT104 is?  

Its not on their website.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know the horizontal spacing on the LT-104.  Vertically it is 1.5 inches from centerline of the rings to the TOP of the rail.  The LT-135 has the same horizontal spacing, but is almost a half inch higher, being 1.93" from centerline to top of the rail.  I needed the extra height to clear the eyepiece with scope cover from interference with a folded rear backup sight.

I could measure ring distances on mine if you don't get an answer.  This is a very solid and reliable mounting system.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks MS556.  Larue got mback to me and said it was 2 4/10 inch.  A tight fit for me but will probabl ywork.

I dont need a iron site so the 1.5 should work.

I have noticed that the base/ring makers are not standrdized on if they measure to bottom of ring or centrerline.  

thanks for checking in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Any time.  Glad to see that LaRue was able to steer you to what you needed and that the LT-104 will get the job done.  You will really like it.   Tier 1 all the way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top