Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:56:48 PM EDT
I'm almost certain I've seen some dealers list them as discontinued, but I was just wondering. I've used the ML3 for a long time and it's always been my favorite AR optic. They just work..and not that it matters, but I think they just look good mounted. I know the M4/M4S is the "new" CCO and the latest and greatest for the full-size style of Aimpoint, but something about the older ones going extinct (along with the need for LaRue's LT150 ) makes me very sad.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They're not listed under the discontinued products on Aimpoint's website. If you like the look, just get the PRO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're not listed under the discontinued products on Aimpoint's website. If you like the look, just get the PRO.
View Quote
Yep, found that on the site after I posted. Thanks. Only thing is isn't the PRO not made from extruded aluminum like the others, or something? Not sure what effect that has but in theory extruded is better, right?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not sure what effect that has but in theory extruded is better, right?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont see how that would impact the performance of the optic. You dont even know what "extruded aluminum" means but you prefer it?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I dont see how that would impact the performance of the optic. You dont even know what "extruded aluminum" means but you prefer it?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't say I preferred it. I know what it means, what I don't know it what effect it has on strength or durability of an optic made from it. Since it's a feature of a more expensive optic and not a feature of a more "budget" optic (by Aimpoint standards) I have to figure it amounts to something. If you know the answer to what that is, by all means, share it.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top